What does Jesus think of the warmongering of the United States?

I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

Here's Jesus and other biblical quotes;

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

:D

But , but but this is different.

I think you are reffering to REAL Christians, not the run of the mill self professed christians in America who talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

Great post btw.

Somewhere in the Gospel of Luke. Chapter 22 I believe.

Jesus actually said that you must decide if you can leave everything you have to follow Him. If you cannot then you can't be His follower. He also said "If a person comes to me, but will not leave his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters, then that person cannot be my follower."

You must read the entire text to understand the context. It's also in the Gospel of Luke.

This may not be good enough, but I just read a summary of the Gospel of Luke and I still didn't see anything that would make it seem like Jesus was ok with war.

I said nothing of war, I believe the passage clearly demonstrated that Jesus had no qualms about defending oneself. Often swords were carried to fend off robbers.

I think carrying swords to fend off robbers is in no way similar to our wars whether you agree with them or not.

But I've provided passages that show my views go along with those of Jesus, I've yet to see yours and I did try to look.

Peace in all circumstances, even when violence was used against you first. Nobody can tell me that's what our government does in it's foreign policy decisions.

In other words Limp Star No Logic, you want me to do your research for you.

Sorry.........I'm busy listening to others who actually know something.

If you're too lazy to click on the link then stay ignorant.

Fact is numbnuts I did tell you something, you chose not to believe it. In Luke Chapter 22 Jesus tells His disciples to "sell their cloaks and buy swords".

That is a fact.

Also in Luke, chapter 14 I believe is the verse you referred to.

Another fact.

Both facts can be easily verified by CLICKING THE LINK and reading!

Hey Limp Dick No Logic, I'm not the only one doubting the veracity of your claims.

Chapter and verse dude, or be known as a failure. All you "link" is, is the table of contents for an online Bible. Chapter and verse dude.

Yep, that's where you will find the text.

Look in Luke, chapter 22.

Somewhere in the Gospel of Luke. Chapter 22 I believe.

Jesus actually said that you must decide if you can leave everything you have to follow Him. If you cannot then you can't be His follower. He also said "If a person comes to me, but will not leave his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters, then that person cannot be my follower."

You must read the entire text to understand the context. It's also in the Gospel of Luke.

This may not be good enough, but I just read a summary of the Gospel of Luke and I still didn't see anything that would make it seem like Jesus was ok with war.

I said nothing of war, I believe the passage clearly demonstrated that Jesus had no qualms about defending oneself. Often swords were carried to fend off robbers.

Actually Limp Dick No Logic, you stated that Yeshua instructed His disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Still waiting for the link by the way.........a table of contents for an online Bible doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about, and apparently, you can't remember what you said. Originally you were talking about war, and now it's self defense. Nice to see you starting to change your story already.

But.........we already knew you know nothing of this particular subject.:eusa_whistle:

I think carrying swords to fend off robbers is in no way similar to our wars whether you agree with them or not.

But I've provided passages that show my views go along with those of Jesus, I've yet to see yours and I did try to look.

Peace in all circumstances, even when violence was used against you first. Nobody can tell me that's what our government does in it's foreign policy decisions.

No and no one has said that our government was beholden to what Jesus said or believed.

This thread started with a premise that we are a warmongering nation with no evidence to back it up.

Look at the history of the wars that we did fight and tell me that we precipitated each one.

No and no one has said that our government was beholden to what Jesus said or believed.

This thread started with a premise that we are a warmongering nation with no evidence to back it up.

Look at the history of the wars that we did fight and tell me that we precipitated each one.

Flipping and flopping yet again, just like a pair of shower shoes.

Actually Limp Dick No Logic, you stated that Yeshua instructed His disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Still waiting for the link by the way.........a table of contents for an online Bible doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about, and apparently, you can't remember what you said. Originally you were talking about war, and now it's self defense. Nice to see you starting to change your story already.

But.........we already knew you know nothing of this particular subject.:eusa_whistle:

Hey dumbass, I never mentioned war.

I simply stated a fact.

Jesus said, "let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

Flipping and flopping yet again, just like a pair of shower shoes.

You wouldn't know a flip flop if I slapped you in the face with one.

Wise up!

I simply stated a fact.

Like I said.........WHERE does it say that? Somewhere in Chapter 14 or 7 doesn't cut it either.

I simply stated a fact.

Like I said.........WHERE does it say that? Somewhere in Chapter 14 or 7 doesn't cut it either.

In the Bible.

Now look, I'm pretty sure you not an embecile, though I could be wrong, but if you're not bright enough to google a simple phrase, then you wouldn't be bright enough to understand the passage. I told you where I believe it to be and I'm certain that I'm right. It's in Luke Chapter 22. Now I could probably give you the exact verse, but it would better to read the bulk of the chapter to fully understand the context.

I simply stated a fact.

What book/chapter and verse so we can read that in context.
Also it may well be the only verse where Jesus allegedly promoted violence.
I say allegedly becuase all of the new testament was written after Jesus's death by others.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back