What do you think happens after we die?

Durkheims theory on suicide is that it happens not because of personal despair or psychological problems but because of a persons inability to assimilate into an organized society.

Do you think there is truth in that theory?

I am thinking about people who offed themselves after the stock market crash in the depression era.

Here is a spiritualist mediums spirit guide talking about what happens after we die.

Chapter 2 - What Happens When We Die?

Why don't we ever read accounts of ethnic ghosts or channel in people who died in urban inner city environments? It's always people from the 1800's ( ok I am just being a little jokey here)

Ona more serious note:

Is there any religion that psychics report have validity when talking to the dead?

Durkheims theory on suicide is that it happens not because of personal despair or psychological problems but because of a persons inability to assimilate into an organized society.

I am thinking about people who offed themselves after the stock market crash in the depression era.
One type of situation that is recurrent is when someone kills members of his own family and then kills himself, before or during a standoff with police. I suppose that all the factors that you mentioned as aspects of Durkheims theory would likely be present in such a situation.

One type of situation that is recurrent is when someone kills members of his own family and then kills himself, before or during a standoff with police. I suppose that all the factors that you mentioned as aspects of Durkheims theory would likely be present in such a situation.

Excellent example, and yes that's part of durkheims type of theory.

Durkheim iow theorizes that society causes suicide. I am still reading about it but it's such a weird concept to me because prior to that I looked at it as more of a individual psychological problem. :cool:

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

the point is finding the answers before the physiological form perishes as a means to escape the same fate.

"If I was dead, I wouldn’t know I was dead. That’s the only thing I have against death. I want to enjoy my death." Samuel Beckett

Death is so weird.

My pet of 13 yrs died today, I was petting him and he let out a sigh and died.

He had kidney disease and my Vet already prepared me that it was going to happen, it was peaceful and quick but still sad.

Obviously a pet is different then a person, I have had to deal with death of my relative in october and throughout the year just themes of death.

Since we are all going to die , I guess the only thing to do is live and give while I can.

Just found out late last night that my Dad is dead.

I was told he had been dead for two days before they found him.

I am thinking he died the same day as my pet.

We had been a estranged for a while so it's just weird.

Do you think he killed your pet?

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

The point. Love, laughter and purpose.

It was weird to have lost my cat and later find out my dad died the same day, so while I felt grief for my cat by a weird universal coincidence my biological father had died in the same time frame.

I am still processing it.

I can't put into words what I think about this moment.

It was weird to have lost my cat and later find out my dad died the same day, so while I felt grief for my cat by a weird universal coincidence my biological father had died in the same time frame.

I have not lost a parent yet. I can't imagination what it will be like. My family is not very close but it is still a parent.

Currently I go into Boston about once a week to do some errand, an excuse to see her for both of us basically. I am the nearest kin. When I needed a place to stay getting out of the Army and starting college she shared her one bedroom apartment with me for two years, yes, we had separate rooms. :eusa_shifty: She is 94. She seems in good health, although if I hear that same joke one more time I am going to yell at her. :eusa_eh: She just moved into assisted house although it is not very assisted, just people around if one needs them. Of course I don't want her to go. I don't want to see her suffer either. It is an uncomfortable feeling.

When you die you are as asleep, you do not go to another plane of existence, nor to heaven or hell. You know nothing and can do nothing.

On Judgement day God will call forth all the dead, returning them to new bodies. Those that are not followers of Satan and that are followers of God will be living on a restored Earth with perfect bodies, no more disease, crime or sickness. Those that were followers of Satan will return to death and be no more.

144000 chosen people will ascend as spirits to heaven to help God and Jesus run the restored Earth. Jesus will be King answering only to God.

I assume and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you are not afraid of death and you see a point to life. If so, what is the point in your opinion?

God's plan is to let us grow and become smarter. I do not fear death. In fact I am depressed and suicidal most days. I hang on because I have a family that needs me and I know God does not condone suicide. And yes I do therapy and medication.

http://www.bigeye.com/donotgo.htm

Every time in your life you will morn it will be different.

Their will be people and creatures you love that will pass and you will react to it different evey time.

The level of your outward grief is not indicative of your value of the love lost.

Sometimes you will go all blank and its as if nothing happened.

Sometimes it will out of the blue hit you like a ton of bricks.

Dont try to shame yourself for having your reaction not match what society would reguire of you to display.

Your grief is for YOU to process and NOT for the people to judge you by.

Some times it comes on slowly and takes years to process.

Sometimes it all falls right out of you right at the momment.

Then there are all the inbetween that can happen.

allow yourself to process it the way YOU need to process it.

Good journeys my friend.

My condolences

Forum List

Back