What do you think happens after we die?

Excellent example, and yes that's part of durkheims type of theory.

Durkheim iow theorizes that society causes suicide. I am still reading about it but it's such a weird concept to me because prior to that I looked at it as more of a individual psychological problem. :cool:

If you can't forgive something, you hold onto negative thoughts energies or emotions
that are attracted to or attached to the unresolved conflicts.

Then this can open the door to either jealousy, rage or depressed thoughts or other things you can't control and those can lead to situations ending in homicide, suicide etc.

So yes, there are problems in society, but the issue is whether we can forgive them or not, and it's the unforgiveness that can cause distress, disease, mental or criminal illness to manifest.

I have had mediumship experiences although they were not "on command" like psychic seem to be on tv talk shows.

Still, I am not sure if what is being sensed is a the grieving persons memory of someone or if a spirit actually is there communicating. :dunno:

I think buddhists try to overcome attachment because we die and we can't be attached to anyone or anything, but then life seems pointless if you attach no meaning to it.

ooo, be careful drifter.
the channels used by mediums can open the door to weird energy or phenomena messing with your mind.

If you want to have a clear spiritual connection that isn't manipulated I would go with Buddhist meditation and Christian prayer, and other prayers that focus on forgiveness, wisdom, compassion and love. Nothing fear based or trying to manipulate knowledge or
spiritism!

If you experience weird spiritual states, please call my friend Olivia to make sure there was nothing you tapped into that messed with your mind. Her number is 713 820 0899

I would not let ANYONE I know mess with any of this spiritism without first praying for
spiritual connection and protection. Or praying after you have been exposed to negative energy. It is deceptively manipulative and I don't recommend that to people because it is unpredicable and can cause rashes of deaths or sudden disruptions in relationships for no foreseen reason. So it is best to be safe and pray with someone who knows how to pray to remove that kind of energy and influence fromy your mental and spiritual space!

Please do not dabble with this stuff, even a little bit has messed some of my friends up.
One friend had about 9 people die around him within a year and people told him to stop whatever he was into because it became obvious negative energy was circulating.
Please be careful to avoid this kind of energy, and don't hesitate to call my friend
and ask for help to clear your mind and emotions of any confused or mixed thoughts.

Death doesn't scare me in the least...it may come to me whenever it gets the urge.
I embrace death.....looking forward to better things.......the world....life...isn't all that damn great~

You must believe in existence after death :cool:

Not necessarily.....I just believe death will be a welcome relief to the shit I had endured in life.
I feel I have done what was expected of me....and so, when my time comes...I am ready......don't have to worry about me fighting to go.....~LoL~

Death doesn't scare me in the least...it may come to me whenever it gets the urge.
I embrace death.....looking forward to better things.......the world....life...isn't all that damn great~

You must believe in existence after death :cool:

Not necessarily.....I just believe death will be a welcome relief to the shit I had endured in life.
I feel I have done what was expected of me....and so, when my time comes...I am ready......don't have to worry about me fighting to go.....~LoL~

Ok, so do you believe in existence after death?

I have had mediumship experiences although they were not "on command" like psychic seem to be on tv talk shows.

Still, I am not sure if what is being sensed is a the grieving persons memory of someone or if a spirit actually is there communicating. :dunno:

I think buddhists try to overcome attachment because we die and we can't be attached to anyone or anything, but then life seems pointless if you attach no meaning to it.

ooo, be careful drifter.
the channels used by mediums can open the door to weird energy or phenomena messing with your mind.

If you want to have a clear spiritual connection that isn't manipulated I would go with Buddhist meditation and Christian prayer, and other prayers that focus on forgiveness, wisdom, compassion and love. Nothing fear based or trying to manipulate knowledge or
spiritism!

If you experience weird spiritual states, please call my friend Olivia to make sure there was nothing you tapped into that messed with your mind. Her number is 713 820 0899

I would not let ANYONE I know mess with any of this spiritism without first praying for
spiritual connection and protection. Or praying after you have been exposed to negative energy. It is deceptively manipulative and I don't recommend that to people because it is unpredicable and can cause rashes of deaths or sudden disruptions in relationships for no foreseen reason. So it is best to be safe and pray with someone who knows how to pray to remove that kind of energy and influence fromy your mental and spiritual space!

Please do not dabble with this stuff, even a little bit has messed some of my friends up.
One friend had about 9 people die around him within a year and people told him to stop whatever he was into because it became obvious negative energy was circulating.
Please be careful to avoid this kind of energy, and don't hesitate to call my friend
and ask for help to clear your mind and emotions of any confused or mixed thoughts.

Nothing like that Emily, more like synchronicity just like this thread. Here death weighed on my mind our of the blue and then within 3 weeks my pet of many years and my dad both died.

Things like that happen to me where a though comes to mind and in an instance there is a heavy meaning to it that I look back at :dunno:

Excellent example, and yes that's part of durkheims type of theory.

Durkheim iow theorizes that society causes suicide. I am still reading about it but it's such a weird concept to me because prior to that I looked at it as more of a individual psychological problem. :cool:

If you can't forgive something, you hold onto negative thoughts energies or emotions
that are attracted to or attached to the unresolved conflicts.

Then this can open the door to either jealousy, rage or depressed thoughts or other things you can't control and those can lead to situations ending in homicide, suicide etc.

So yes, there are problems in society, but the issue is whether we can forgive them or not, and it's the unforgiveness that can cause distress, disease, mental or criminal illness to manifest.

Fatalistic suicide (pre-industrial)
•When society restricts the individual too much
•Durkheim thought this type was less important
in modern society
• But historically interesting, e.g. high suicide
rates among slaves

•Generally suicide has some relationship with
social rules or values and the individual
• The causes of suicide are not individual
• Suicide is structural in origin

http://www.colchsfc.ac.uk/sociology/documents/durkheim’s_study_of_suicide.pdf

It's been almost a month since my dad died I am starting to feel bad about it.

But whenever emotion creeps up on me I tell it to go away.

I don't want to feel anything.

Hi Drifter, I tried to squeeze 6 topics in one reply.

If you prefer to feel nothing, that may be the numbness stage.
that's like a patient preferring to be on anesthesia and not feel the healing work going on, that's perfectly normal to be there. sometimes it is more merciful and not in the
best interest of the patient to see and feel everything going on with post-surgery!

When it gets to the point of healing where you need to feel where your emotions
are so you can self-assess when they have improved or changed, that is like
when a patient needs to feel when the muscle is sore so when it is healing
you can tell you are making progress. If you don't feel anything you
can't always tell where you are in the process. At some point you
may want to know instead of not feeling things at all.

Give yourself time, and yes, trust your mind to tell you
yes I am ready for this or
no I am not ready for that

If you are afraid, it is harder to read and easier to misread the signals,
so forgive yourself for going through this, and feeling what you feel which is natural,
and forgive life for changing things before you or anyone is ever ready,
so you don't attach fear to that either.

Please don't feel bad that you feel bad or mixed emotions and thoughts,
which is exactly what your process needs to be right now or else you would feel differently!

If you want, look up the 5 stages of grief and see if you are
at peace with whatever stage you are in. If you feel you are being
pushed to go to or to avoid another stage, try to pinpoint what
is causing the fear of shifting to that other stage. When you are okay with all the stages, you can shift back and forth and be okay with them, even on really bad days, at least you will know and accept that is what is happening. you will know where you are on the map.

One month is very early on. Wherever you and your dad's energy connect spiritually, any unresolved issues or commitments you may feel were left behind may bother you.

If you are planning to get married, and preparing the possibility of having children,
that could explain a surge in the spiritual energy moving from one generation to the next and if your mind can't wrap itself around it consciously you may feel it empathetically and not know what these signals or impulses mean. in any case, pray with focus on forgiveness and love for whatever people or thoughts or memories come to your mind. So there will be more and more clarity and understanding of what things mean to you, and less fear.

Take care and I'm sorry you are going through a distressful time.
It's never fun dealing with emotions without clear instructions
where they are coming from and where they are going.
But as thoughtful as you are, I am sure you will figure out
the best way to make sense of this and manage it that works for you!

Yours truly,
Hugs,
Emily

P.S. another great quote
LWinston Churchill said: if you find yourself going through hell, keep going!
And I guess what I would add is that
heaven is on the other side, usually found after
going through the second side or the dirty side of the storm
that makes the first side seem easy in comparison!

Interpretation
1 – Denial Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned. It’s a defense mechanism and perfectly natural. Some people can become locked in this stage when dealing with a traumatic change that can be ignored. Death of course is not particularly easy to avoid or evade indefinitely.

2 – Anger Anger can manifest in different ways. People dealing with emotional upset can be angry with themselves, and/or with others, especially those close to them. Knowing this helps keep detached and non-judgemental when experiencing the anger of someone who is very upset.

3 – Bargaining Traditionally the bargaining stage for people facing death can involve attempting to bargain with whatever God the person believes in. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example “Can we still be friends?..” when facing a break-up. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it’s a matter of life or death.

4 – Depression Also referred to as preparatory grieving. In a way it’s the dress rehearsal or the practice run for the ‘aftermath’ although this stage means different things depending on whom it involves. It’s a sort of acceptance with emotional attachment. It’s natural to feel sadness and regret, fear, uncertainty, etc. It shows that the person has at least begun to accept the reality.

5 – Acceptance Again this stage definitely varies according to the person’s situation, although broadly it is an indication that there is some emotional detachment and objectivity. People dying can enter this stage a long time before the people they leave behind, who must necessarily pass through their own individual stages of dealing with the grief.

FIVE STAGES OF GRIEF | EKR Foundation

Nothing like that Emily, more like synchronicity just like this thread. Here death weighed on my mind our of the blue and then within 3 weeks my pet of many years and my dad both died.

Things like that happen to me where a though comes to mind and in an instance there is a heavy meaning to it that I look back at :dunno:

I think you mean something different, not about mediums as I thought.
I would call this "empathy" or "empath" where this is natural spiritual connection.

I have had many experiences where I picked up thoughts and knowledge of
people without conscious communication and even being separated in time or space.

I see it like radio waves where some people can pick up signateals from a distance,
while the message isn't completely clear until it is fine tuned and closer in range.

I have written a collection of letters to the editor published in the local paper
that were composed by reading the signals in advance of what was going
to connect with the mind of the editor to commit to print. I usually knew in advance
which lines were going to be edited, and not as I wrote in the draft, and which
lines would be kept as is. So this isn't coming from me, it is picking up the message
or signal that is already going to be, and writing it down as clearly as I can decipher it.
http://www.houstonprogressive.org

I think this is from my "Thomas Jefferson" karma or the male voice I pick up
which harps about church-state issues and Constitutional law blah blah blah.
When I read TJ letters, I recognize that is the same voice range or frequency that
I tap into when I write about that stuff. It could be some other muse or founding father,
but I call that male voice Thomas and it could be like Thomas More or Aquinas, but
I feel it is more like a male authority speaking and I am hearing the meaning in my conscience (not any sounds or voices) and writing that down like transcription or translation.

This is what I mean by being connected with soulmates who may be separated in time.
We are not each other, we do not incarnate per se, but mutual karma or spiritual content and purpose may be shared by conscience and we can motivate or influence each other.

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

Plenty of things happen after we die.

[youtube]GSDCiOW81mk#![/youtube]

in modern society
rates among slaves

The best way I can reconcile this is by pointing out
that UNFORGIVENESS of conflict DOES cause a "disruption in the
connection" between the person and other people in society
where the person does not feel he or she can get help any other way.

I would agree with that assessment.
However, the correction is not just about changing the social relations;
but to address the UNFORGIVENESS so we CAN correct the social disconnect.

If you look at cases where people didn't kill themselves, facing the same issues or social conditions,
their capacity to forgive allowed them to sustain while corrections are pursued.
So forgiveness would solve both the problems of the adverse or disconnected conditions
AND the reaction by suicide (or also homicide and bullying and other things caused by unforgiveness projected forward).

Hi Drifter: i guess I would distinguish the
TRIGGER social conditions
vs.
the person's RESPONSE by suicide.
You can't just blame the TRIGGER as the cause.

There were recent events even today where a woman killed herself after losing hope after suffering years of pain after an acid attack.
But there were other victims of attacks who didn't commit suicide.

And we don't know how many victims of trafficking or sex slavery or sweatshop abuses are killing themselves if we don't know where they are in the first place.

Today there are much more common incidents of people dying by suicide after giving up hope of overcoming ADDICTION. So that is both a social issue AND an individual cause.

I think this is like the analogy about the person who gets drunk
after drinking "wine and water" one day, "beer and water" the next day,
and scotch run gin, etc and water on others day, so by the first
impression you may think the water was the common factor; but in fact,
it isn't the water but the alcohol that is the common ingredient causing the drunkeness.

I am saying the common factor is UNFORGIVENESS
of something, whether internal or external TRIGGER.
If you forgive that TRIGGER then maybe you won't kill yourself or someone else.

Here someone can experience slavery or drug addiction or acid attacks,
and if that person has help to FORGIVE the oppressive inescapable conditions
and still live, then they DON'T have to resort to killing themselves.

And on the other hand, there are people I know who died by suicide
that weren't caused by social conditions but emotional conflicts like
a boy who got in a fight with his mom and shot himself out of anger.
Again, unforgiven conflict.

Drifter I think if you look at ALL cases of homicide, bullying, suicide, etc.
you will find the common factor is UNFORGIVENESS of something
either conscious or unconscious, external or internal, that person
projects in acts that are retributive or harm someone or something in response.

You will see BOTH social and individual triggers.
And you will also see cases where these SAME triggers,
even worse cases of them,
were forgiven and did NOT lead someone to homicide or suicide.

Last edited:
in modern society
rates among slaves

The best way I can reconcile this is by pointing out
that UNFORGIVENESS of conflict DOES cause a "disruption in the
connection" between the person and other people in society
where the person does not feel he or she can get help any other way.

I would agree with that assessment.
However, the correction is not just about changing the social relations;
but to address the UNFORGIVENESS so we CAN correct the social disconnect.

If you look at cases where people didn't kill themselves, facing the same issues or social conditions,
their capacity to forgive allowed them to sustain while corrections are pursued.
So forgiveness would solve both the problems of the adverse or disconnected conditions
AND the reaction by suicide (or also homicide and bullying and other things caused by unforgiveness projected forward).

Hi Drifter: i guess I would distinguish the
TRIGGER social conditions
vs.
the person's RESPONSE by suicide.
You can't just blame the TRIGGER as the cause.

There were recent events even today where a woman killed herself after losing hope after suffering years of pain after an acid attack.
But there were other victims of attacks who didn't commit suicide.

And we don't know how many victims of trafficking or sex slavery or sweatshop abuses are killing themselves if we don't know where they are in the first place.

Today there are much more common incidents of people dying by suicide after giving up hope of overcoming ADDICTION. So that is both a social issue AND an individual cause.

I think this is like the analogy about the person who gets drunk
after drinking "wine and water" one day, "beer and water" the next day,
and scotch run gin, etc and water on others day, so by the first
impression you may think the water was the common factor; but in fact,
it isn't the water but the alcohol that is the common ingredient causing the drunkeness.

I am saying the common factor is UNFORGIVENESS
of something, whether internal or external TRIGGER.
If you forgive that TRIGGER then maybe you won't kill yourself or someone else.

Here someone can experience slavery or drug addiction or acid attacks,
and if that person has help to FORGIVE the oppressive inescapable conditions
and still live, then they DON'T have to resort to killing themselves.

And on the other hand, there are people I know who died by suicide
that weren't caused by social conditions but emotional conflicts like
a boy who got in a fight with his mom and shot himself out of anger.
Again, unforgiven conflict.

Drifter I think if you look at ALL cases of homicide, bullying, suicide, etc.
you will find the common factor is UNFORGIVENESS of something
either conscious or unconscious, external or internal, that person
projects in acts that are retributive or harm someone or something in response.

You will see BOTH social and individual triggers.
And you will also see cases where these SAME triggers,
even worse cases of them,
were forgiven and did NOT lead someone to homicide or suicide.

Sure, I can see where forgiveness aids one to resolve many issues.

However, you can forgive a lot but if you are repeatedly abused or ostrichized in society, forgiveness still cannot replace the inability to socially integrate.There are those people who no matter how hard they try do not fit in.

But Durkheims research on suicide provided mostly the insight into how society as a whole causes the majority of those who attempt and succeed to commit suicide.

If you have an interest you should read his research.

Durkheims study on suicide was the causes and so what he found was it was issues in society that caused a person to feel no hope, even when at first it might seem to be one person or incident underneath that it was the way society constructs a role being played out towards the human being that feels hopeless.

Sure, I can see where forgiveness aids one to resolve many issues.

However, you can forgive a lot but if you are repeatedly abused or ostrichized in society, forgiveness still cannot replace the inability to socially integrate.There are those people who no matter how hard they try do not fit in.

But Durkheims research on suicide provided mostly the insight into how society as a whole causes the majority of those who attempt and succeed to commit suicide.

If you have an interest you should read his research.

Durkheims study on suicide was the causes and so what he found was it was issues in society that caused a person to feel no hope, even when at first it might seem to be one person or incident underneath that it was the way society constructs a role being played out towards the human being that feels hopeless.

Yes, Drifter especially where I am right now with trying to save the historic district where I live, we have a whole history of forgiveness being abused to is keep doing the wrong. so forgiveness does not mean to not do anything, it means to ASK with forgiveness to CHANGE and CORRECT what is going wrong. So I should emphasize what ean forgiveness and correction in the same process. Too familiar with people thinking you can just forgive and let things keep happening, that is what went too far in my district: the church community would just stop asking for change and pray to God and wait for something to change, the opposition pushing destruction would take advantage of this by continuing their agenda until something stops them. So the mess continued because people forgave it and did not do anything drastic enough. I am still asking for more help, so I constantly have to ask in a state of forgiveness so it reaches people in the right spirit and opens doors for connections.

I don't agree with this abuse of forgiveness going on either,
but I have to forgive it or I would not be able to function.

And YES Drifter I did threaten to prepare a hunger strike to publicize
how unacceptable this bullying is, that has driven people to die of depression
when they were evicted from their community which is their support.

So I still am preparing to do more outreach and ask if this is what
I need to do or is there a better way to promote solutions to fix this?

Totally have to say that in a state of forgiveness or else it causes more division and conflict.
Can't wait to connect with the right people to put a team together cohesively so we can operate in a CONNECTED way not all divided and scattered where we are being run over!

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

A one use light switch.

photos%2FLight_switch_.jpg

There doesn't have to be a point. That's the point. :)

Are you afraid of death?

A one use light switch.

That could be said about anything:)

Are you afraid of death?

A one use light switch.

That could be said about anything:)

But I'm saying it in the context of a meaning to life. I'm rather simplistic in my thoughts of life. I see life as an opposite of death. The meaning of death is the end of life. Then the meaning to life is the end of death.

We have yet to find that but we're looking all over the place. Life everlasting. So, if we ever find a way to live forever, we will understand the true meaning of life, which is not to die.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back