What do you think happens after we die?

No. I was just wondering about death, life is weird ya know?

I was wondering why we all do what we do when we know we are all going to die, and why if we think that is all there is ....then why aren't we better to each other?

If we believe in a religion also same question in my head why aren't we better to each other?

But if we have nothing to live for and believe there is no point and don't care then that is probably why.

I don't have any answers I only have questions.

I wish I could ask your age but that is probably against the rules.

I guess I better go read them :badgrin:

I am an adult.

Who is your favorite philosopher and what did they he/she have to say about death?

Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar, was one of the best books I have ever read if that tells you anything. It probably doesn't as it doesn't tell me anything either.

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

You ask alot of good questions.....and i don't have all the answers :)

I'm Christian. I don't go to Church. I agree with a lot of non believers that speak about the hypocrisy in the Church. I've seen too much. But to your questions....i do believe we live on after death. We all have souls....our souls are US. I believe our souls go to God. I don't know what it's like.

I'm not afraid of death....i just worry about HOW i'm going to die. I'm not into pain, and i always pray that when it's my time it's quick. Preferably i die in my sleep :)

And loved ones communicating??? Yes... i do believe they can. After my mother died, my daughter was only 10 and saw her grandma in her doorway one night. Even though the woman looked very young, she knew it was grandma. My kids have also seen and heard things that indicate it's a relative that's passed. I've seen and heard things....
But no, i can't prove anything.

We do not live in this world, then just die and there's nothing else. Anyone that believes this is crazy. What happens to our souls then? SOMETHING goes on after death......

I worry about dying painfully too.

I am an adult.

Who is your favorite philosopher and what did they he/she have to say about death?

Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar, was one of the best books I have ever read if that tells you anything. It probably doesn't as it doesn't tell me anything either.

Wasn't that a very depressing book?

I am an adult.

LOL Yep books on philosophy hit me about the same way.

I have been on here for years and am near death. A couple of years overdue actually.
I do not fear death but am not bad enough pain and suffering wise to welcome it yet.

I am my favorite philosopher.
I follow my own nose and follow no group.

How did you overcome the pain of losing someone you love to death?

I have been on here for years and am near death. A couple of years overdue actually.
I do not fear death but am not bad enough pain and suffering wise to welcome it yet.

You never really overcome it. You learn to live with and kinda embrace it to help make you stronger and yet do not let it harden you to loving others/somene else later.

You never really "get over" it.
But it explains one reason why many think there is life after death. Because they want to be with their loved ones once again.
Hold on tight and make the most of it while you can.

You never really overcome it. You learn to live with and kinda embrace it to help make you stronger and yet do not let it harden you.

But it explains one reason why many think there is life after death. Because they want to be with their loved ones once again.

Yeah, you want to call the person and can't or if something funny happens that you know the person would have liked you can't share it anymore, and the loss leaves you feeling so empty.

I don't like death at all.

You never really overcome it. You learn to live with and kinda embrace it to help make you stronger and yet do not let it harden you.

Yeah, you want to call the person and can't or if something funny happens that you know the person would have liked you can't share it anymore, and the loss leaves you feeling so empty.

there is nothing to like about death. Some do not even like life. both simply are.

there is nothing to like about death. Some do not even like life. both simply are.

We are unique in that we experience feelings and attachments, whereas inanimate objects do not.

Of course it seems natural to want an explanation for living and to speculate on existing after physical death.

Thanks for the contribution of thoughts.

We are unique in that we experience feelings and attachments, whereas inanimate objects do not.

Of course it seems natural to want an explanation for living and to speculate on existing after physical death.

but other life forms clearly experience feelings and attachments.

Our minds and knowledge are clearly far to limited to understand why many things ARE even if it was explained to us or could be explained to us.
And we do not live long enough to ever get that wise.

Last edited:

but other life forms clearly experience feelings and attachments.

I know, but I'll torture myself about that one a different day. :badgrin:

I am an adult.

Wasn't that a very depressing book?

It was soo beautiful. I read it a few years before my younger brother committed suicide. I don't think the two saw life in the same way at all. Sylvia was like a exquisite butterfly whose wings had frozen solid. She still loved life but had become unable to fly and was watching herself fall.

There were also a couple years in high school when car crashes seemed to be a trend. God that hurts. I will never forget walking into the house where a girl I dated for a little bit, very quiet girl, very beautiful inside. Both of her parents were home but silence was crushing. They a very open floor plan with hardwood floors and big windows. The kind of environment where sound would bounce off easily. The silence was crushing. One could fill that house with a hundred people and the most noticeable thing would be her absence.

My mother said she heard the pain seems to get a lot less after about two years and she found that to somewhat the case. I can't say. Maybe I just don't like letting go of the pain because it is what I have the most of.

OK, now I really am jumping out the fucking window. (sorry if I misspelled anything, I am not proofreading that.)

Forum List

Back