What do you think happens after we die?

Do you think there is a point?

I guess that depends upon one's definition of "point".
Is the point of a bee is to pollinate plants or to produce honey? What is the point of a wasp?
I live, I'll die. It is.

Just like any other creature on this planet, you are born you reproduce and you die and the cycle continues with the next generation.

The POINT is that you make the world a better place for you children and that cycle also continues thru the generations.
Hopefully....

What if your family is dead and your the only one left?

Then is your point over ?

When you die you are as asleep, you do not go to another plane of existence, nor to heaven or hell. You know nothing and can do nothing.

On Judgement day God will call forth all the dead, returning them to new bodies. Those that are not followers of Satan and that are followers of God will be living on a restored Earth with perfect bodies, no more disease, crime or sickness. Those that were followers of Satan will return to death and be no more.

144000 chosen people will ascend as spirits to heaven to help God and Jesus run the restored Earth. Jesus will be King answering only to God.

I assume and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you are not afraid of death and you see a point to life. If so, what is the point in your opinion?

God's plan is to let us grow and become smarter. I do not fear death. In fact I am depressed and suicidal most days. I hang on because I have a family that needs me and I know God does not condone suicide. And yes I do therapy and medication.

As someone who has had someone very close to me pay the ferryman, so to speak, I wish there was something I could say. After some one goes a thousand times one asks what they could have/should have said or done.

This why I always try to temper my cutting remakes. I said 'try'. And I try to come back with something uplifting next time around. I know I have made a cutting reply or two to you. If I have not come around with something uplifting please let this be that one.

If not for your family this board needs you. Also I still have a lot more cutting remarks to go. :doubt::D

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

When you die you are as asleep, you do not go to another plane of existence, nor to heaven or hell. You know nothing and can do nothing.

On Judgement day God will call forth all the dead, returning them to new bodies. Those that are not followers of Satan and that are followers of God will be living on a restored Earth with perfect bodies, no more disease, crime or sickness. Those that were followers of Satan will return to death and be no more.

144000 chosen people will ascend as spirits to heaven to help God and Jesus run the restored Earth. Jesus will be King answering only to God.

Wow.

This actually sounds like a great science fiction movie.

I guess that depends upon one's definition of "point".
Is the point of a bee is to pollinate plants or to produce honey? What is the point of a wasp?
I live, I'll die. It is.

Just like any other creature on this planet, you are born you reproduce and you die and the cycle continues with the next generation.

The POINT is that you make the world a better place for you children and that cycle also continues thru the generations.
Hopefully....

Nope you can live for yourself or find someone to help or help make the world better for others children.

Or you can piss and moan and exopect to be rewarded after death only to maybe realize nothing after death.
Our mind is an electro chemical machine. Once it dies what is left?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

Wow.

This actually sounds like a great science fiction movie.
or the start of a cult?

Hopefully....

Nope you can live for yourself or find someone to help or help make the world better for others children.

Or you can piss and moan and exopect to be rewarded after death only to maybe realize nothing after death.
Our mind is an electro chemical machine. Once it dies what is left?

I don't know what is left, that's why I was asking what you all thought about the matter.

But I do like your point about helping others, there is a satisfaction in that.

Are you afraid of death?

Dude, you don't need an emergency phone number, do you!? :eek:

Are you afraid of death?

No. I was just wondering about death, life is weird ya know?

I was wondering why we all do what we do when we know we are all going to die, and why if we think that is all there is ....then why aren't we better to each other?

If we believe in a religion also same question in my head why aren't we better to each other?

But if we have nothing to live for and believe there is no point and don't care then that is probably why.

I don't have any answers I only have questions.

Are you afraid of death?

I was wondering why we all do what we do when we know we are all going to die, and why if we think that is all there is ....then why aren't we better to each other?

If we believe in a religion also same question in my head why aren't we better to each other?

But if we have nothing to live for and believe there is no point and don't care then that is probably why.

I wish I could ask your age but that is probably against the rules.

I wish I could ask your age but that is probably against the rules.

I guess I better go read them :badgrin:

I am an adult.

Who is your favorite philosopher and what did they he/she have to say about death?

I have been on here for years and am near death. A couple of years overdue actually.
I do not fear death but am not bad enough pain and suffering wise to welcome it yet.

I am my favorite philosopher.
I follow my own nose and follow no group.

Forum List

Back