What do you do with the repeat drunk driver?

If America was serious about drunk driving the legal limit would be zero, none, nada... But because States allow for people to test that themselves by allowing certain alcohol percentages to be present we have absolutely nothing to cry about in the drunk driver department when drunks do things that upset us.

This guy gets pulled over for drunk driving. He's taken to a holding tank to sober up then goes in front of a judge and told to go to AA meetings and loses his liscense for however long.

After he gets his drivers liscense back, he decides to go out and get drunk again, gets pulled over and this time gets put on probation for for 3 years and loses his drivers liscense for 5 years.

After about 6 months, this guy gets drunk again but since the courts didn't take his car away, he drives and hits another vehicle with a family of 5 coming back from the circus and kills them all. The drunk driver walks away from the accident with some cuts and bruises. He is put in jail for vehicular manslaughter, I don't know how long though.

How do we stop this from happening?

We should take all motorized vehicles away from every single person in the United States, that's how.

DWI 1 = $20K fine
DWI 2 = 5 years in prison
DWI 3 = Death penalty

no pleading down.

I paid over 5 k just in lawyer fees for my dwi.

The limits are too low and life is nuts.

All I'm gonna say

I'll never have that problem, instead of paying lawyers, I just won't drink within 24 hours of driving. You can save a butt load of money just using a small bit of common sense.

DWI 1 = $20K fine
DWI 2 = 5 years in prison
DWI 3 = Death penalty

no pleading down.

All I'm gonna say

I'll never have that problem, instead of paying lawyers, I just won't drink within 24 hours of driving. You can save a butt load of money just using a small bit of common sense.

I don't d and d anymore but I still think its too low

Electric-Chair.jpg

I'm sure we could just pass a law that says you can't do it, and people will stop. If that doesn't work, we should ban alcohol.

Great idea!

Yeah it worked so well the first time.

I bet your drink of choice is that cheap wine that come in the boxes, right? Ya might want to back away form the box for a bit.

Yeah..I'll back away form that box. Good idea.

If you read the OP and thought he was asking for your thoughts.....you might consider having a few drinks yourself.

I realized I misread you post, I was hoping my edit was quicker than it evidently was. My damn spell checker is on the fritz, you know a good add on for Firefox that works well, ya get lazy on proof reading when ya get dependent on a spell check to pick up on transpositions like that.

As for the OP, I take folks at face value until they prove other wise, they asked, I answered.

OK. Taking folks at face value until they prove otherwise is my policy as well.

Read the last sentence of the OP once again. This was just another really dumb attempt to equate motor vehicles to assault weapons. How so many people missed it is a mystery. It must be lack of interest and failure to read the entire post.

in your incorrect opinion.

You do realize that you'll fail a breath test at that level simply from taking cough syrup, right?

You would have to take a LOT of cough syrup.

However , what does that matter ? It is just as illegal to drive under the influence of prescribed narcotics as it is to drive under the influence of illicit drugs.

Impaired is impaired.

Not really. Breath tests will register alcohol lingering in the mouth. Mouthwash will register a spike on a breath test. I'll agree with you on one point, though. Impaired is impaired. But statutory attempts to quantify impairment does not do any good. Most people are not actually impaired at .08 blood alcohol content, other than the fact that statutes define them as such.

I get that you lost a loved one to dwi but you have to move on op.

I get that you prolly killed someone by drunk driving and don't want to admit how evil you are. Your god obozo is the same way. His father was a serial DUi who killed a man.

Wish they'd locked you up for 20 years. If you libulals had your way drunk driving would be legal and there would be no speed limits and BB guns would be banned. Get help please.

Wish they'd locked you up for 20 years. If you libulals had your way drunk driving would be legal and there would be no speed limits and BB guns would be banned. Get help please.

You are right! Liberals love drunk drivers and we never drive the speed limit. Man....you are one sharp tack.

They have made alot stricter laws now on the people who drink and drive. It is not solving the problem tho. What they should do is ban alcohol. It is no different then drugs. Alcohol is a drug and an addiction. They should ban it completely. Then you will have less or no drunk drivers. I am dead set against drugs and alcohol.

Forum List

Back