hammer time

HomeInspect

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
$hammer.jpg

I personally had a good friend killed by her ex-husband with a hammer in front of her children.
The weapon didn't matter..if a baseball bat was closer I'm sure he would have used it.

This must have been the latest ridiculous talking point released by Fox News. Spread the word sheep!

I just really have a hard time believing they keep statistics specifically involving death by hammers.

Local law enforcement/Attorney General offices keeps track of causes of death when it comes to homicide, its part of figuring out who did the crime, as you have to determine cause of death. All the FBI did was compile the data.

So saying "blunt force trauma" is not specific enough in court, you have to say "killed with gun" or "killed with knife" or yes, "killed with hammer."

Oh ok....so a crazy person kills 5 people at the mall with a gun while 10 other people kill 10 with hammers....quite the argument against guns.:badgrin:

The left argument here is you can't have mass killings with a hammer.

Not to worried about hammers, how many deaths are related to bad medical practices? Last I heard it was over 100,000 a year. They are all preventable, they are all under the care of a highly regulated agencies, yet the deaths continue. No outrage, no laws to clean up the procedures, no fines or penalties for not following proper procedures.

It is interesting who and what play into outrage over specific types of death.

Someone that kills with a hammer or knife is either really evil or really crazy.

A legal gun gives the average person the "guts" to defend themselves against someone that has a gun, hammer or knife since most people don't like those type of situations like the criminal with the other weapon trying to kill them.

Taking the gun away from the average citizen gives the advantage to the crazy/evil criminal that will use a gun, knife, hammer, car, etc to kill them.

Society should always be in favor of helping the weaker person in a life threatening situation, not the aggressor. Taking guns from law abiding citizens is total support for criminals by the govt.

Last edited:
Well....given evil people/criminals act the same way in Germany, the USA, China, etc....using examples from outside the USA can provide some guidance on what we do here.....what a concept.

You were saying hammers don't cause mass murderers??? I didn't realize someone with a hammer ran out of ammo.....or maybe they might wear out their arm hammering people's heads in, eh?

The left argument here is you can't have mass killings with a hammer.

Tell that to 500,000+ Rwandans murdered with objects other than "assault weapons".

Not to dismiss the plight of people in foreign lands, but we can't legislate laws in foreign countries regarding the use of potentially deadly weapons.
Can we stick to issues in the US?

All hammers should be retrofitted with soft heads - think of the lives it would save! ( My Liberal Argument Impression ) :D

Forum List

Back