Does anyone think Trump is gaming the system here?

rippy38

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2022
It's just a theory, but could it be that Trump has had the ability to pay this outrageous bond the whole time... and has just been purposely stretching the drama out to keep the "Poor persecuted political opponent" story front and center for as long as he can for political expendiency?

I mean, the man knows how to work a crowd for sure... and the "I am being targeted and persecuted by the State because I stand for the average guy" theme seems to be working really well for him in the polls.

He also gets the benefit of appearing to be broke, so asking for "Whatever you can spare!" seems more appealing to his base too.

It wouldn't surprise me. He certainly knows how to play the game.

I bet he's had the money the whole time.

It's just a theory, but could it be that Trump has had the ability to pay this outrageous bond the whole time... and has just been purposely stretching the drama out to keep the "Poor persecuted political opponent" story front and center for as long as he can for political expendiency?

I mean, the man knows how to work a crowd for sure... and the "I am being targeted and persecuted by the State because I stand for the average guy" theme seems to be working really well for him in the polls.

He also gets the benefit of appearing to be broke, so asking for "Whatever you can spare!" seems more appealing to his base too.

I think he just doesn't want to cough up the money.

Progress favourable or unfavourable to Trump will answer the question.

A quick fire sale on some of his properties would be hugely damaging to Trump.

He lives by gaming the system, or anybody that comes in contact with him. Why would this bond thing be any different? He just does not want to pay and will not, unless forced with no other choice. He has the money or he had the assets. It is not outside the realm of possibility, he has both. He must either pay or appeal, like anybody else. If he appeals, he must put up a bond to cover what is already owed, as appeal is not a freeby to continue financial delay.

I think he just doesn't want to cough up the money.
Doesn't anyone appreciate the fact that Trump can be leveraged by a threat to sell some of his properties to the highest bidder, and that will establish the properties' worth?

Trump can stall that off and obviously will. He can't allow James to set the price.

He lives by gaming the system, or anybody that comes in contact with him. Why would this bond thing be any different? He just does not want to pay and will not, unless forced with no other choice. He has the money or he had the assets. It is not outside the realm of possibility, he has both. He must either pay or appeal, like anybody else. If he appeals, he must put up a bond to cover what is already owed, as appeal is not a freeby to continue financial delay.
I bet Sunday night the worm will squirm out the dough.

Doesn't anyone appreciate the fact that Trump can be leveraged by a threat to sell some of his properties to the highest bidder, and that will establish the properties' worth?

Trump can stall that off and obviously will. He can't allow James to set the price.
Why not they have done it before.

Isn't gaming the system what all politicians do? I mean, it's kind of a requirement for the job these days.

Also, NY law say he MUST post the bond in order to appeal... and if he doesn't, Letitia and Judge Skelator can deny the request... which they probably would. They don't have too, but you can rest assured they would.

They also want nothing more that to start the process of seizing Trump's assets, which a lot of anti-Trumpers would love to see too.

I just believe Trump has stretched this out to the 11th hour for the drama and the press... and wanting to bust the State's bubble on Monday by providing the bond.

I could be wrong, but that would be a classic Trump move.

The only way to avoid it is to post the bond.
Right. He can't allow his properties to be valued by the market.
But I would bet money on there being an existing mechanism in law that will allow him to delay.

As is common to all negotiations, there is never a clear winner being awarded all the marbles.

Forum List

Back