What do you do with the repeat drunk driver?

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
This guy gets pulled over for drunk driving. He's taken to a holding tank to sober up then goes in front of a judge and told to go to AA meetings and loses his liscense for however long.

After he gets his drivers liscense back, he decides to go out and get drunk again, gets pulled over and this time gets put on probation for for 3 years and loses his drivers liscense for 5 years.

After about 6 months, this guy gets drunk again but since the courts didn't take his car away, he drives and hits another vehicle with a family of 5 coming back from the circus and kills them all. The drunk driver walks away from the accident with some cuts and bruises. He is put in jail for vehicular manslaughter, I don't know how long though.

How do we stop this from happening?

We should take all motorized vehicles away from every single person in the United States, that's how.

I'm sure we could just pass a law that says you can't do it, and people will stop. If that doesn't work, we should ban alcohol.

This guy gets pulled over for drunk driving. He's taken to a holding tank to sober up then goes in front of a judge and told to go to AA meetings and loses his liscense for however long.

After he gets his drivers liscense back, he decides to go out and get drunk again, gets pulled over and this time gets put on probation for for 3 years and loses his drivers liscense for 5 years.

After about 6 months, this guy gets drunk again but since the courts didn't take his car away, he drives and hits another vehicle with a family of 5 coming back from the circus and kills them all. The drunk driver walks away from the accident with some cuts and bruises. He is put in jail for vehicular manslaughter, I don't know how long though.

We should take all motorized vehicles away from every single person in the United States, that's how.

In the case of this guy, he should be charged with murder.

1st Offense: Mandatory 30-day jail time, $5000 fine, and impound and sale of the vehicle,.

2nd Offense: Mandatory 2-year prison time, $20000 fine, and impound and sale of the vehicle, forfeiture of license for ten years, plus revocation to own a vehicle revoked for 10 years.

3rd Offense: Deportation to Libertarianville, Loony County, State of Fantasy, for life.

W

Well, if he's Scottish, TRY and and find a sober Mick or Limey to put a bullet in his head.:eusa_shifty:

Mandatory jail for a second offense and confiscate the car just like they do in other drug offenses.

Ummmm.......I don't believe the OP was seeking honest input. Just a hunch.

I bet your drink of choice is that cheap wine that come in the boxes, right? Ya might want to back away form the box for a bit.

Yeah..I'll back away form that box. Good idea.

If you read the OP and thought he was asking for your thoughts.....you might consider having a few drinks yourself.

1st Offense: Mandatory 30-day jail time, $5000 fine, and impound and sale of the vehicle,.

2nd Offense: Mandatory 2-year prison time, $20000 fine, and impound and sale of the vehicle, forfeiture of license for ten years, plus revocation to own a vehicle revoked for 10 years.

3rd Offense: Deportation to Libertarianville, Loony County, State of Fantasy, for life.

Let me add that all DUIs should be classed as a felony which would deprive the criminal of many rights such right to vote or serve on juries (in some states) and right to have a gun (in all states). Also many jobs would be closed to him or her.

Drunk driving is a super-violent drug crime. Lets stop coddling these killers.

You said you don't know what the sentence would be. I can only tell you what the penalty is in my home state of Florida.

Under Florida Statute 316.062, vehicular homicide (including those caused by DUI) is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. However, if at the time of the accident a person knew or should have known that the accident occurred and failed to give information to a police officer or render reasonable aid to those injured, the offense is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

Unlike other homicide cases, the State does not have to prove the driver intended to kill the victims.

Ummmm.......I don't believe the OP was seeking honest input. Just a hunch.

I bet your drink of choice is that cheap wine that come in the boxes, right? Ya might want to back away form the box for a bit.

Yeah..I'll back away form that box. Good idea.

If you read the OP and thought he was asking for your thoughts.....you might consider having a few drinks yourself.

I realized I misread you post, I was hoping my edit was quicker than it evidently was. My damn spell checker is on the fritz, you know a good add on for Firefox that works well, ya get lazy on proof reading when ya get dependent on a spell check to pick up on transpositions like that.

As for the OP, I take folks at face value until they prove other wise, they asked, I answered.

DWI 1 = $20K fine
DWI 2 = 5 years in prison
DWI 3 = Death penalty

no pleading down.

DWI 1 = $20K fine
DWI 3 = Death penalty

no pleading down.

I paid over 5 k just in lawyer fees for my dwi.

The limits are too low and life is nuts.

All I'm gonna say

Nobody should be allowed to have a 30 round... err, ounce drink. If we didn't have such big clips... I mean drinks, less people would die.

DWI 1 = $20K fine
DWI 3 = Death penalty

no pleading down.

I paid over 5 k just in lawyer fees for my dwi.

The limits are too low and life is nuts.

All I'm gonna say

The limits are NOT too low. They MUST by neccesity be chosen at random. No matter WHERE they were set some would be whining that at .XX a person isn't really drunk, even if they were set at .30. We both know this is true.

And your attorney fees are of no concern to me . Should we not use the death penalty in murder cases because those lawyers sometimes charge in the hundreds of thousands?

New Topics

Forum List

Back