Does anyone think Trump is gaming the system here?

I’ve no idea how much money he has, neither does anyone else here, but he’s right about one thing…he is being persecuted, that is plainly clear. When your attorney general actually campaigns on on the promise that they are going to sue someone, and then they do it, well id call that a persecution, wouldn’t you?
Yes, I would.

My point was that Trump using this to his advantage.

It's just a theory, but could it be that Trump has had the ability to pay this outrageous bond the whole time... and has just been purposely stretching the drama out to keep the "Poor persecuted political opponent" story front and center for as long as he can for political expendiency?

I mean, the man knows how to work a crowd for sure... and the "I am being targeted and persecuted by the State because I stand for the average guy" theme seems to be working really well for him in the polls.

He also gets the benefit of appearing to be broke, so asking for "Whatever you can spare!" seems more appealing to his base too.

It wouldn't surprise me. He certainly knows how to play the game.

I bet he's had the money the whole time.

Trump doesn't have the money and has never had the money. That was a lie.

Nobody will lend to him. American banks stopped lending to him in 2000. No one in their right mind will put up that bond.

Trump doesn't have the money and has never had the money. That was a lie.

Nobody will lend to him. American banks stopped lending to him in 2000. No one in their right mind will put up that bond.
So, if tomorrow he does post the bond and Letitia and Judge Skelator end up with egg on their faces, are you gonna cry?

Yes, I would.

My point was that Trump using this to his advantage.

I think the opposition in this case is simply confused by the idea that the whole pile of crap is a game ...
And Former president Trump has indicated he is willing to play the game.
People want to believe one side is that or that ... While the players are just bringing their game.

The only difference in a Banana Republic is that they don't have to lie or mislead as much ...
In a Banana Republic they just build fences around their Federal Buildings and good luck to those who want to fight the Establishment.

Oh ... Wait ... :auiqs.jpg:

I’ve no idea how much money he has, neither does anyone else here, but he’s right about one thing…he is being persecuted, that is plainly clear. When your attorney general actually campaigns on on the promise that they are going to sue someone, and then they do it, well id call that a persecution, wouldn’t you?

So when politicians ran on a platform of putting lifelong criminals like Al Capone or John Gotti in jail, they're persecuting them????

Judges and AG's always run on a platform of prosecuting the criminals in their cities.
So, if tomorrow he does post the bond and Letitia and Judge Skelator end up with egg on their faces, are you gonna cry?

No I won't cry. I will laugh and laugh. You're a complete fucking moron if you think that Trump is any better off than he was before the merger was approved.

All is does is prevent James from liquidating his assets. He's still guilty of Fraud. His companies are still barred from operating. And with his stock pledged as security, New York State has managed to take control of this merger.

There is no upside here for Trump. As soon as he pledges these shares as collateral, Trump has to hand them over to the lender with powers of attorney that allow them to sell the shares, vote them or trade them.

If Trump uses the shares of the company as collateral, the bank can take control of his media company.

It's just a theory, but could it be that Trump has had the ability to pay this outrageous bond the whole time... and has just been purposely stretching the drama out to keep the "Poor persecuted political opponent" story front and center for as long as he can for political expendiency?

I mean, the man knows how to work a crowd for sure... and the "I am being targeted and persecuted by the State because I stand for the average guy" theme seems to be working really well for him in the polls.

He also gets the benefit of appearing to be broke, so asking for "Whatever you can spare!" seems more appealing to his base too.

Yes, you are probably right. With as much collatoral as he can offer, why would companies refuse to lend him the bond money? Unless they are afraid of the political blowback from the federal agencies that have so much power over them.

But . . . suppose he came up with the half a billion dollar bond with little effort relatively speaking. The plan to prevent him from appealing won't have worked, But that will just means that the next insanely partisan judge who sees an opening will demand he post "a gazillion" dollars as a bond. Or that he be in two places at once, or travel faster than the speed of light, prove, or divide a number by zero. Whatever it takes to make meeting the demand impossible.

What he needs now is to appeal this absurd bond to a judge that will stay or injoin (whichever legal term) Judge Creepy from enforcing the bond until Trump's lawyers can take it to an appelate court.

If the appelate court goes along with this foolishness, that's what the USSC is for. I'm guessing they will get tired of lower courts allowing these kinds of shenanigans, but I don't know what they can do about it.

He's making the democrats dance to their own Goosestep, nothing wrong with that

So when politicians ran on a platform of putting lifelong criminals like Al Capone or John Gotti in jail, they're persecuting them????

Judges and AG's always run on a platform of prosecuting the criminals in their cities.

No I won't cry. I will laugh and laugh. You're a complete fucking moron if you think that Trump is any better off than he was before the merger was approved.

All is does is prevent James from liquidating his assets. He's still guilty of Fraud. His companies are still barred from operating. And with his stock pledged as security, New York State has managed to take control of this merger.

There is no upside here for Trump. As soon as he pledges these shares as collateral, Trump has to hand them over to the lender with powers of attorney that allow them to sell the shares, vote them or trade them.

If Trump uses the shares of the company as collateral, the bank can take control of his media company.
Yeah... you're gonna cry.

Hell, you've already started.

LOL

I'll bet your half right. Trump does have the ability to play that card, but I don't think he has any money.

I'll bet your half right. Trump does have the ability to play that card, but I don't think he has any money.
Yeah, that why I said "theory" in my OP.

I'm guessing we'll see who's holding the better hand tomorrow when they lay the cards in the table.

Gaming? You gotta be kidding. Some game when a Banana Republic administration that never had a real job steals everything he has and tries to put him in jail on trumped up charges. More like a game of fascism.
Define banana republic?
Are you saying AMERICA is a banana republic?

Forum List

Back