Zone1 What Do You Do When You Just Can't Stop Hating Somebody?

To elaborate just a little bit, these kinds of people ALWAYS play the victim no matter what happens and if it wasn't for the fact that they are extensive family members I would have dumped them a long time ago.

What Do You Do When You Just Can't Stop Hating Somebody?​

One thing I try to remember is that we are all the children of our Heavenly Father and that He loves all his children. God knew in advance that all of us would make mistakes in this life and thus called his Firstborn Son to come to this earth to atone for the sins of the world so that we could all be afforded forgiveness of sins.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Another thing that I try to do is realize that I am not perfect and have offended others in my life. I would want to find forgiveness not just from God only but also those whom I have offended. I think that you are going through one of the most difficult things that God requires of us. We are required of Him to forgive others of their trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So I guess what helps me to forgive and forget is to think of my own faults and desire to be forgiven and God's desire and love for each of us and how he wishes that we would all repent and come unto him and forgive our fellow man his trespasses. Now I must confess that forgiving others is not always easy. I too, like you, at times find my self having trouble to let go of being offended and have a difficult time forgiving. It also helps to pray to God to fill your heart with forgiveness and a desire to please God and forgive others. I hope this helps. It is something I believe we have to come to terms with in our struggle through life. I pray God will bless you with His Holy Spirit and fill your heart with love and forgiveness even though you have been greatly offended by another!

This would be a whole lot easier if one of them wasn't being so difficult and cussed me out earlier today. :sigh2:

This would be a whole lot easier if one of them wasn't being so difficult and cussed me out earlier today. :sigh2:
I think you need to put some distance btwn u and these people. I don't know if that is excellent advise? I don't kno them... but that is what I would do. I've done it w/ people in family and elsewise, and some of them get very TICKED off, even though they act like they don't want me for a pal anyway!! It's really bizarre, that. I mean, if you don't like someone, why would you be ticked when they take off?

But people are WEIRD

complicated... whatever

That's what I was currently working on but feeling really rotten about it though.
Vengeance is mine said the Lord--Those who steal vengeance for pride and self follow the opposite path of the Lord= antichrist.
And then you become just like your enemy, will you hate yourself and get vengeance upon yourself as well?
At Matt 5:38-48-Jesus speaking about an eye for an eye not being literal as many has mistaken it for. It meant-justice will prevail.

IMG_20240108_205509.gif

And the cat fight is finally over. 😁

To forgive another person does not benefit that person, it only benefits you. I have seen people hold onto their hatred and it eats them up inside. It is kind of like God damming someone. It does not God dam them but may dam you.

To forgive another person does not benefit that person, it only benefits you. I have seen people hold onto their hatred and it eats them up inside. It is kind of like God damming someone. It does not God dam them but may dam you.
You don't have to forgive you just have to let that person go and stop living in the past

Obviously as a Christian I don't want to hate anybody but I do right now to a very particular person who stabbed me in the back. I just can't stop hating them and being angry with them and I just can't forgive them because I don't know how since this person REALLY stabbed me in the back hard. What do I do to stop? A part of me still doesn't want to stop and or listen though because I feel that they deserve it and at least God can't fault me for honesty. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. I'm in a complete and utter RAGE right now.

Living well is the best revenge. Be happy. Forget their name.

Forum List

Back