Zone1 What Do You Do When You Just Can't Stop Hating Somebody?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Obviously as a Christian I don't want to hate anybody but I do right now to a very particular person who stabbed me in the back. I just can't stop hating them and being angry with them and I just can't forgive them because I don't know how since this person REALLY stabbed me in the back hard. What do I do to stop? A part of me still doesn't want to stop and or listen though because I feel that they deserve it and at least God can't fault me for honesty. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. I'm in a complete and utter RAGE right now.

Obviously as a Christian I don't want to hate anybody but I do right now to a very particular person who stabbed me in the back. I just can't stop hating them and being angry with them and I just can't forgive them because I don't know how since this person REALLY stabbed me in the back hard. What do I do to stop? A part of me still doesn't want to stop and or listen though because I feel that they deserve it and at least God can't fault me for honesty. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. I'm in a complete and utter RAGE right now.

Well, you have to first stop calling yourself a christian. You post very few positive things here.

Can you cut them out of your life?

I was in your situation once. I told God what had happened and flat out said it was beyond my own strength to forgive what had happened. I asked God if he would please handle the forgiveness for me until I was able to forgive. I left it at that, and it was years, perhaps as much as a decade, before I could forgive. I could manage the part of praying for one's enemies and those who persecute, so I did do that. I never felt God thought any less of me for turning the forgiveness part over to him.

By the way, no need to feel compelled to trust that person ever again. One can forgive a past event while still recognizing and being aware of another's limitations.

You go to your knees, confessing your feelings of hatred to God and asking God to take those feelings from you and give you the heart to pray for the person. You are not required to respect that person or condone what he/she did. But hating the person will do far more harm to you and yours than the focus of your hatred.

1704678480023.jpeg

It's a safety issue.

The part that won't let go wants to remain safe.

Can you recount to yourself things that you've learned from the situation?

Get revenge.

Forum List

Back