Zone1 What Do You Do When You Just Can't Stop Hating Somebody?

Here's one way to look at it. If you are consumed by your "hate" then you are allowing that person (or persons) to take up residence in your head, which harms you more than it does him (them).

Get over it.

I had the same thing with my B-I-L. He accused me of tricking my in-laws into making me the Executor of their wills (no issues with the actual inheritance, which was modest). When he spread the word in the family (my wife's family) he provided no details, he just told everyone that I had tricked my in-laws to change their will.

I forced myself not to give a fuck. My wife is still pissed, 13 years later, but I am over it. I treat him cordially, just like everyone else in the family.

Obviously as a Christian I don't want to hate anybody but I do right now to a very particular person who stabbed me in the back. I just can't stop hating them and being angry with them and I just can't forgive them because I don't know how since this person REALLY stabbed me in the back hard. What do I do to stop? A part of me still doesn't want to stop and or listen though because I feel that they deserve it and at least God can't fault me for honesty. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. I'm in a complete and utter RAGE right now.
Consider this. In the Lords prayer Jesus teaches one gets forgiveness after they give forgiveness. And consider this-That person did 1 sin against you or 2 or 3, you have done hundreds of sins against God. Yet God is 100% ready to forgive you, out of love. Love your fellow man, they know not what they do( perse)--Just don't give them an opportunity to do it again, being wise. When thoughts of it pop up get it out of your thinking as quickly as possible and think of something else.
Many feel as you do--Love and forgiveness is applied by those who follow Jesus but with wisdom of course, No it isn't easy following Jesus, satan knows exactly which buttons to push, do not let him win.
A lot of problems come from our own bad choices in life, Jesus said to be no part of this world. They don't sound like they follow Jesus why do you have anything to do with them to start with. Did you not read-friendship with the world is enmity with God.
Pray for strength. Hate and anger is not the way.
Even Gods servants make critical errors, like King David, He stole another mans wife, and sent him to the front lines to be killed.
After witnessing miracle after miracle-10 apostles ran and hid when they arrested Jesus, Peter followed but then denied Jesus 3 x.
No one is perfect. Just apply wisdom with all.

What Do You Do When You Just Can't Stop Hating Somebody?​

It depends on how talented you are at disposing of a body ...

Episode-6-todd-walt-mike32045209875234.jpg

Have them placed on permanent holiday .

Will not come cheap and pick your Transport Company carefully

Obviously as a Christian I don't want to hate anybody but I do right now to a very particular person who stabbed me in the back. I just can't stop hating them and being angry with them and I just can't forgive them because I don't know how since this person REALLY stabbed me in the back hard. What do I do to stop? A part of me still doesn't want to stop and or listen though because I feel that they deserve it and at least God can't fault me for honesty. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. I'm in a complete and utter RAGE right now.

In case you haven't read this recently, forgiveness does not mean you condone the actions or that you feel love for the person. It DOES and can mean that you "give them over to God"--you let it go. You are not in charge of their actions or their judgment. What would it mean for you to be a peacemaker in this situation?

Let it go. Why are you carrying that person around with you?

Right now you are the cause of all the pain you are feeling because you are now living in the past.

In case you haven't read this recently, forgiveness does not mean you condone the actions or that you feel love for the person. It DOES and can mean that you "give them over to God"--you let it go. You are not in charge of their actions or their judgment. What would it mean for you to be a peacemaker in this situation?
So that is How and Why Cult Christians end up as permanent losers .

Interesting form of Masochism .

First we need to know the offense this person perpetrated on you before we can suggest proper retribution.

I know where you're at. It is not easy forgiving what appears to be unforgivable.

I just give the person to God, through Christ, through Mary. If giving a person to God doesn't forgive, I can't think of anything that can. You can give the person to God, right?

Get revenge.
BAD idea

Revenge is a vicious cycle. The Word says

Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord

I will repay

He does a way better job of repaying than we could ever think of. But He expects us to wait on His Judgments

no we don't.

We've all been there one way or another... and if you haven't, maybe you shouldn't respond?? just saying
Yes, we do.

We need to know the severity of the offense so we know whether he (or they) are to be ignored or whacked.

Remember that forgiveness is something you do for yourself. Maybe that will help.

Ask God to soften your heart.

I already did and also I tried to explain my situation to them but they totally went off on me for it afterwards.

First we need to know the offense this person perpetrated on you before we can suggest proper retribution.

Well... It's a very long story and pretty personal too. I would much rather not get into all of it.

Remember that forgiveness is something you do for yourself. Maybe that will help.

Thanks, it does a bit. :)

Forum List

Back