What Constitutes A "Conspiracy Theory"?

I have no illusions about what the government is capable of doing. I looked up Operation Northwoods. It was something that was proposed but never carried out. I 'm asking what conspiracy theory has ever been proven to be true?
This was covered up and written off as conspiracy lore prior to the document being made public. Nobody believed that our government would ever even consider harming Americans using false flag terrorism for the express purpose of starting a war. And while it wasn't ever carried out, the document was in fact signed by every single one of "our" joint chiefs. We could have a whole thread on why, but thank JFK and Khrushchev of all people.

According to the standards of certain moderators on this forum, all threads expressing doubt about climate change, about russian collusion, one that questions any part of an "official story" should be moved to conspiracy theories.

The OP can speak for himself as to what he himself believes to be conspiracy theory.

But some example of conspiracy theory as I see the phenomenon:

1. Those who believe the moon landing was faked or that the Holocaust never happened. Such conspiracy theorists rarely include anybody in government or in any kind of power role.

2. Those who believe 911 or a cover up of what actually happened was a government conspiracy intended to convince us that it was an Islamic terrorist action. Such people are rarely if ever involved with government or are in positions of power.

3. Those who believe there were multiple gunmen involved in the JFK assassination. Again such people are rarely if ever involved with government or are in positions of power.

4. Those who believe that climate scientists deliberately falsify or alter evidence so that they can push a doctrine of dangerous or deadly climate change that must be proactively addressed by government. Such people are often not in government or other positions of power.

etc.

None of these fit the definition as provided in Post #2.
I dont think you read the description accurately. Its not the fruit cake that is in the government or position of power. Its the people involved in said suspected conspiracy.

I read the thread title and the one word OP quite carefully. And I didn't read into it a whole bunch of stuff that it didn't say.

Anything a given mod wants it to be based upon their personal bias.
Some people's DNA simply does not allow for them to distinguish between conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts. Look at all the events in our world that were once painted as conspiracy theories, that today are known to be true.
Like what?

Tonkin Gulf?

What I do not think Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK, I think JFK was taken down on the orders of the CIA, I also are not certain about Sirhan Sirhan shooting RFK.

Not everything is a Conspiracy Theory eg. JFK and RFK and if anyone wants to say Conspiracy Theory okay but then I say:

:funnyface:

The OP can speak for himself as to what he himself believes to be conspiracy theory.

But some example of conspiracy theory as I see the phenomenon:

1. Those who believe the moon landing was faked or that the Holocaust never happened. Such conspiracy theorists rarely include anybody in government or in any kind of power role.

2. Those who believe 911 or a cover up of what actually happened was a government conspiracy intended to convince us that it was an Islamic terrorist action. Such people are rarely if ever involved with government or are in positions of power.

3. Those who believe there were multiple gunmen involved in the JFK assassination. Again such people are rarely if ever involved with government or are in positions of power.

4. Those who believe that climate scientists deliberately falsify or alter evidence so that they can push a doctrine of dangerous or deadly climate change that must be proactively addressed by government. Such people are often not in government or other positions of power.

etc.

None of these fit the definition as provided in Post #2.
I dont think you read the description accurately. Its not the fruit cake that is in the government or position of power. Its the people involved in said suspected conspiracy.

I read the thread title and the one word OP quite carefully. And I didn't read into it a whole bunch of stuff that it didn't say.
You didnt read my post carefully which was the one you mentioned (Post #2) and the definition of conspiracy theory. Your comments about conspiracy theorists not being in the government or positions of power made zero sense.

Some people's DNA simply does not allow for them to distinguish between conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts. Look at all the events in our world that were once painted as conspiracy theories, that today are known to be true.
Like what?

Tonkin Gulf?

What I do not think Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK, I think JFK was taken down on the orders of the CIA, I also are not certain about Sirhan Sirhan shooting RFK.

Not everything is a Conspiracy Theory eg. JFK and RFK and if anyone wants to say Conspiracy Theory okay but then I say:

Interesting. Never heard of this one.

Like what?

Tonkin Gulf?

I sat on a plane next to a man once and he the whole flight talked about the Roswell Alien that he said was taken from a crashed UFO, it was not a good situation for me to be captive like that. IMHO Aliens and UFOs are Conspiracy Theories.

Like what?

Tonkin Gulf?

I sat on a plane next to a man once and he the whole flight talked about the Roswell Alien that he said was taken from a crashed UFO, it was not a good situation for me to be captive like that. IMHO Aliens and UFOs are Conspiracy Theories.
I got into a cab with a guy that claimed he was kidnapped by aliens and they had implanted a baby in his knee. I thought he was fucking with me until I could see in his eyes he was dead serious. I asked him to let me out at the next light. :laugh:

In a broad sense, a conspiracy theory is a made-up story used by intellectually- and emotionally-stunted virgin men to gain attention and validation with people online whom they will never meet.

Yes, there are conspiracies, but theories of secret overarching efforts by the world's elites to institute one-world government consistently fail due to lack of evidence and being cut to shreds by Occam's Razor.

Just ask...
download (1).jpg
He ain't got time for coverups.

Specifically?
Conspiracy Theory-The belief, real or imagined, by any individual, person(s) or group(s) that a second party, real or imagined, of any individual, persons or groups have conspired and or plotted to conspire against any individual, person(s) or group(s) to their detriment.

Like what?

Tonkin Gulf?

I got into a cab with a guy that claimed he was kidnapped by aliens and they had implanted a baby in his knee. I thought he was fucking with me until I could see in his eyes he was dead serious. I asked him to let me out at the next light. :laugh:

Didn't know Maxine Waters was dressing up like a man and driving a cab at night. thanks for the info.

My definition...any explanation for an event that is reached through supposition or deduction but without concrete evidence or proof.

Countless criminal investigations begin as conspiracy theories.

Not really. The conspiracy theories that are the MOST prevalent are folks simply CREATING alternate explanations for events that have been THOROUGHLY investigated. And in most instances have INCONTROVERTABLE proof that the conspiracy theorist merely ignore or overlook.. It's more often a Parallel universe of innuendo, guestimation, and weakly related correlations that USUALLY LEAD BACK to the same notorious villains. Like the CIA or Jews or Bilderburgers, CFR, Illuminati.

In FACT -- if you see those last 3 mentioned, you're on thin ice.

That SAID --- the govt itself CREATES conspiracies, by hiding or classifying evidence that doesn't apparently NEED hiding or classification. And it FEEDS conspiracy theories by not COUNTERING them and smashing them to bits when they start. So I ADMIT -- sometimes it appears that details are hidden for no good reason. But there probably IS a good reason..

Depends on how much faith you have in the people paid to hide stuff and classify it.

My definition...any explanation for an event that is reached through supposition or deduction but without concrete evidence or proof.
5 Disturbing Conspiracy Theories That Were Further Confirmed By The New JFK Files

1. Biological Warfare Reminiscent of Monsanto
2. CIA Hitlists
3. CIA Colluded (conspired) With the Mafia
4. CIA’s Mind Control for “Influencing Human Behavior”
5. CIA’s Operation Mockingbird Hijacked The Media

5 Disturbing Conspiracy Theories That Were Further Confirmed By The New JFK Files

Forum List

Back