what choice would you make?????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jon_forward, Jul 12, 2004.

1. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What with the all the turmoil that the Illegal Immigrant has caused I have a question I would like to pose, no flaming or heated tempers please. just an HONEST answer to the question and we will see where this goes. I am dependent on a library pc so If It take a day or so for a response from me that is why.

Lets say that for the purpose of this question you are married and have 2 small children. The economy has tanked where you are living to the point that suffacent wages cant be made to take care of your small families simplest needs, shelter/food and clothing. you have been reduced to living in a tent out in the country with your spouse(I detest that word) and 2 small children. you dont know what to do. you have heard that over the Mountains there lays a land that is full of work, almost for the asking but it is against the law to go there. You are torn between staying where you are and watching your family suffer without the very neccessities or take a chance that you can make it over the Mountains and get a job that well let you care for your family. My question to you is this....what would you do, and why? give it some thought....

I will get back in a day or so.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    False premise---the are legal ways to get here.

3. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    But if time is of the essence legality may not play a factor. To become legal takes months, even years at least in America.

I'll have to think about this.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    See if help was available from family or friends.

5. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That's very true. You could even get married to someone I guess so you could technically become a legal citizen.... I dunno... I still have to think about it.

side note: I wasn't being sarcastic, please don't take it that way.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Too much pride for that in the Spanish culture. Dillo are you saying you would rather your family starve then to risk breaking a law if you ever got to that situation? See I believe that at least in my case I can't understand the dynamics of that type of situation, I believe when survival is at stake a whole new set of priorities take over in a human being and we can't understand that until we are faced or put into a situation like that.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Let me ask you this:

Why don't they fix their own country instead of just bringing their problems here?

8. Captain_Steel

Captain_Steel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not my Fuckin problem. You wanna blame somebody blame the Mexican Government. They either come here legally, in limited numbers, or they die in Mexico. How dare you blame your own country for their misfortune.

9. Captain_Steel

Captain_Steel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You just contradicted yourself saying that when survival is at stake, a whole new set of priorities takes over, and right before that saying there is too much pride in the spanish culture to ask for help from family or friends.

Using your own logic, they would be justified to tresspass across another countrys border and work illegally, but asking family or friends for assistance in doing it legally is out of the question, due to "too much pride in the spanish culture"

WTF?:confused:

10. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Let me reverse the analogy for you. You have worked all your life. You have been successful and accumulated some substantial wealth. Your spacious home is situated abut two miles from a slum.

Will you take your fence down so that the locals can come and help themselves any time they want to without even asking to come in?

Will you provide health care for them while they are trespassing on your property?

Will you adopt the children they have while in your home uninvited?

Will you purchase a van and hire a driver to take them back home?

Illegal immigration is about more than need. It's about the right of a sovereign nation to control its borders. And today, it's also about the desperate need to know who is in this country and for what purpose.