what are your picks for the nfl games?

Didn't the Seahawks lose the the Cardinals? LOL

Wilson is a game manager, teams with game managers rarely win the Superbowl. No way no how the Seahawks win anything. I don't think they will even make the superbowl.

Sounds like a comment by someone that has never seen Wilson play football. Wilson is near the top of the NFL in QB rushing. He is near the top in GAP. (Game altering plays) Yesterday Wilson wasn't sharp. He is usually VERY accurate and has extremely good timing in his passes. Calling Wilson a game manager is ignorant. He had a bad game yesterday as his recievers did also. Let's not get too excited about one flat performance. I doubt that SF or NO believes that they are going to come into Century Link Field in the up coming playoffs and get a performance like yesterday's from Seattle.

Wilson is a game manager, teams with game managers rarely win the Superbowl. No way no how the Seahawks win anything. I don't think they will even make the superbowl.

Teams with excellent defense tend to have game manager type quarterbacks. Cam Newton also comes to mind, as he has become that type of quarterback.

How many superbowls has he won? I am curious, lol...

Sounds like a comment by someone that has never seen Wilson play football. Wilson is near the top of the NFL in QB rushing. He is near the top in GAP. (Game altering plays) Yesterday Wilson wasn't sharp. He is usually VERY accurate and has extremely good timing in his passes. Calling Wilson a game manager is ignorant. He had a bad game yesterday as his recievers did also. Let's not get too excited about one flat performance. I doubt that SF or NO believes that they are going to come into Century Link Field in the up coming playoffs and get a performance like yesterday's from Seattle.

Limited passing, a run first offense, is usually a game manager, not a bad thing.

The Niners almost gave that game away to the Falcons! :eek:

But they were able to pull out the win, so in the playoffs.

Now it's time to beat the Cardinals and hope the Seahawks forget how to play for a week! :lol:

Should be an interesting playoff season...most of the teams have some type of flaw or another...and lots of injuries suddenly popping up to key players. Romo may be done. Same with Von Miller.

When did being called a game manager become a pejorative? I watched Alex Smith for a couple of years 'manage' a lot of wins with a very average team. Now, with KC he seems to manage very well. It's not always the big play with seconds on the clock which makes a great QB, it's an O which rarely turns the ball over and QB's who know when to throw the ball into the seats and not try to put it into too narrow a window. A pick six turns around a game too.

BTW, is anyone else tired of the officials become a major part of every game? I say it's time to put flags around the waste of the QB, Wide outs and running backs. It would make the game more interesting than watching a great defensive hit give the O an undeserved first down.

When did being called a game manager become a pejorative? I watched Alex Smith for a couple of years 'manage' a lot of wins with a very average team. Now, with KC he seems to manage very well. It's not always the big play with seconds on the clock which makes a great QB, it's an O which rarely turns the ball over and QB's who know when to throw the ball into the seats and not try to put it into too narrow a window. A pick six turns around a game too.

BTW, is anyone else tired of the officials become a major part of every game? I say it's time to put flags around the waste of the QB, Wide outs and running backs. It would make the game more interesting than watching a great defensive hit give the O an undeserved first down.

Pete Carroll manages Wilson, he has specific plays and high completion plays for Wilson. Wilson is a good quarterback, and very committed to winning. The run first offense, the short passes all work for a game managing QB.

It's only a matter of time before a player or coach smashes a ref in the face. I can't wait to see it. Bring back the replacements.

Good thing you only make 'mind-bets'. Take the little lady out for dinner with the money you save.
Good thing you don't have the cajones to make picks. That way you can pretend you know something about football.

I bet picks.
I don't 'make' them. Anybody can just make them.......but you already know dat.

This thread is about making picks, but you're here just to be a dickwad. Any asshole can do that.

By definition, a game manager will not get a lot of wins on a 'very average' team.

Alex Smith was a game manager on a team with a top-notch defense and a strong running game.

Sadly, Colin Kaepernick has been too much of a game manager as well. However, he does take more shots down the field than Smith did (I've no idea how much of that has to do with the two QBs and how much is about coaching).

A game manager quarterback can win (see : Trent Dilfer) but is not the type of guy to put a team on his back, so to speak. Alex Smith is capable of doing that, as evidenced by his playoff win against New Orleans, but rarely does. He more often dinks and dunks his way down the field and tries to avoid turnovers.

A game managing QB plays not to lose rather than to win. He let's the rest of the team do most of the heavy lifting.

The phrase has become such a bad one because the league is constantly trying to get more scoring, which means more passing. With multiple quarterbacks going over 5000 yards every year, touchdown records being set over and over, defense forced to play an ever more difficult game with rules changes, it's harder and harder for teams to win with a game manager at quarterback.

Good thing you don't have the cajones to make picks. That way you can pretend you know something about football.

I bet picks.

This thread is about making picks, but you're here just to be a dickwad. Any asshole can do that.

It's a whole different mindset when you put real money where your mouth is. Please, don't let me interfere with your 'pick 'em' bloviating.

Week 17

Carolina @ Atlanta

Green Bay @ Chicago

Houston @ Tennessee

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh

Washington @ New York Giants

Baltimore @ Cincinnati

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Philadelphia @ Dallas

New York Jets @ Miami

Detroit @ Minnesota

Buffalo @ New England

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Denver @ Oakland

San Francisco @ Arizona

Kansas City @ San Diego

St Louis @ Seattle

10-6 in week 16 and 157-81-1 for the year

I bet picks.

It's a whole different mindset when you put real money where your mouth is. Please, don't let me interfere with your 'pick 'em' bloviating.

If you bet money on your picks you are on the wrong site! Try a Vegas site....

Week 17

Carolina @ Atlanta
Carolina

Green Bay @ Chicago
Chi Bears

Houston @ Tennessee
Tennessee

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh

Tie: 0 to 0

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Cincinnati.

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Indy

Philadelphia @ Dallas
Eagles

New York Jets @ Miami
NYJ

Detroit @ Minnesota
Lions

Buffalo @ New England
NE Brady's

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
NOLA Ain'ts

Denver @ Oakland
Raiders

San Francisco @ Arizona
SF in OT

Kansas City @ San Diego
San Diego

St Louis @ Seattle
St. Louis (Hawks hearing footsteps)

10-6 in week 16 and 157-81-1 for the year

Seattle blows it under the pressure and Niners go on to win the Super Bowl v. New England.

Hey O' Great Oracle, I go to any goddamned site I want to.

Hey O' Great Oracle, I go to any goddamned site I want to.
^^^Asshole and proud of it.......

Tie: 0 to 0
Neither defense is that good. Neither offense is that bad.

Don't know about the rest of it but look for Green Bay to beat Chicago and take the Divisional Championship.

Don't know about the rest of it but look for Green Bay to beat Chicago and take the Divisional Championship.

Chicago/Green Bay a tricky one. Rodgers has the potential to be rusty, Clay Matthews out with a thumb injury, and running back Lacy playing with an injured ankle. Count on Chicago to play better after the ass-kicking the Eagles gave them.

Forum List

Back