Remember the good old days in the NFL before domed stadiums and artificial turf,when the game was fun to watch?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I just now got reminded of this a few seconds ago about those good old days sense by accident,I came across the redskins and rams playoff game from 1983 before the game became corrupt as it is now.this is one way it has.

Me being a “LOS ANGELES” Rams fan of course I really love those good old days when the Rams were in LA so I tuned in to watch it.I remember that I so badly wanted to watch that game back then but was sad sense I had to miss it and I did not have a recorder at the time either so finally got to watch it for the first time ever all these years later.:)

The announcers for that game were none other than John Madden and Pat summerall,the best NFL combo announcers ever imo so that was quite a treat for me as well:thup:.John Madden mentioned whst I have said many times over the years on these boards including recently that it’s nice to watch a game the way it was meant to be played out on the grass in mud without a domed stadium and artificial turf.:thup::yes_text12::thankusmile:

that is one of the main reasons the game has been ruined today,this isn’t fucking basketball,that’s not how the game was meant to be played either fir good sakes.I’m okay with Houston having a dome stadium and Arizona and Vegas but that’s where it should end,NONE of the others should have one.the owners have ruined the game now,this is just one example how they have.:mad:

Buffalo is the latest team about to make the NFL much less enjoyable to watch being the latest to go indoors.fuck the NFL,give me these old classic games anyday of the year over the garbage we got to watch now.that’s all these asshole owners care about these days is shiny brand new state of the art stadiums over history and tradition,fuck the NFL.:fu:fuck the domes,give me the good old LA coliseum anyday of the year over their fucking. New domed state of the art facility.

The owners of course don’t give a shit about the fans,most Viking fans want an outdoor stadium but the owners don’t give a shit.just a matter of time before Chicago has one as well I’m sure

Last edited:
Me being a “LOS ANGELES” Rams fan of course I really love those good old days when the Rams were in LA so I tuned in to watch it.I remember that I so badly wanted to watch that game back then but was sad sense I had to miss it

in the 70s LA Rams used to go to Minnesota every year for the playoffs.
Vikings Coach Bud Grant would not allow his team to have heaters on the sideline and Rams players would huddle around the heaters on their side.

1708809154347.jpeg

Vikings beat them every year

Last edited:

Man those were some great times before the game became corrupt as it is now,these owners are criminals.they don’t give a flying fuck about history or tradition which includes their history of playing in a city,a city is a teams identity,I will never be able to call the Raiders anything other than the OAKLAND Raiders same as the Rams will never be anything other than the LARams playing their games OUTDOORS.if they were going to come back to LA just to play thier games an in indoor stadium in beautiful califirnia of all places,fir all I care,they might just as well have just stayed in that dump in stank Louis. :mad:

Like I said,most Viking fans want an outdoor stadium,I was in Minnesota a couple of years ago and I spoke to a dozen or so vikimg fans,not one of them said they would prefer having an indoor stadium.proof the owners don’t give a flying fuck about the fans,fuck the NFL.give me college ball any day of the year.:thup:

I seldom watch the NFL anymore,give me college football any day of the year everytime, In college football they also are not going to to leave their city of history for a fucking new stadium.:mad:

I’ll watch the NFL once in a great blue moon out of curiosity but like I said,I pretty much stick to the old classic games now when I do watch the NFL for the most part anyways.sure was fun takimg that trip down memory lane with the LA RAMS and Washington redskins from the 1980,s. John riggens,Joe theisman,Eric Dickerson,Vince ferragamo, and announcers pat summerall and John madden,can’t beat that combo,they were quite a team.:thup:

:thankusmile:
lg325

John Madden would be proud of you if he were alive for posting that video.:thup: I assume you saw where I mentioned he agrees with me about the subject in my op? I guarantee you he also agrees the raiders are not the raiders if they don’t play in Oakland,he never liked the move to LA neither did Tom Flores.these two men were patriots for that. :thup:

Last edited:
:thankusmile:
lg325

John Madden would be proud of you if he were alive for posting that video.:thup: I assume you saw where I mentioned he agrees with me about the subject in my op? I guarantee you he also agrees the raiders are not the raiders if they don’t play in Oakland,he never liked the move to LA neither did Tom Flores.these two men were patriots for that. :thup:
I wonder how many players today would be willing to play under the conditions these men did.

I quit the NFL several times. Redzone CH & online Sportsbetting brought me back fulltime this year. I had so much fun (as a hobby). I got smarter as I went along. I didn’t win much over the year but I did not lose the house.

same for College football, especially SAT TV games on all day on ten channels.

My favorite team is ME, beating the betting site.

Buffalo is the latest team about to make the NFL much less enjoyable to watch being the latest to go indoors.
Wrong.
The Bills play in an Outdoor Stadium.
Meanwhile.......
They are proposing a NEW- Open Air Stadium.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 3.21.06 PM.png

Last edited:
Up until the 60s they played both ways

that made it even more difficult to get on the field in HS football. About 15 guys played all the snaps, including special teams. You might go undefeated and to the State playoffs but about 30 players were nothing but practice dummies.

that made it even more difficult to get on the field in HS football. About 15 guys played all the snaps, including special teams. You might go undefeated and to the State playoffs but about 30 players were nothing but practice dummies.

I remember when QBs used to do the punting and kicking

LA RAM got thru a lot of words w/o saying Brady or Cheatriots or Bellicheator tuck rule or deflategate or spygate. Unless i missed it?

He’s come a long way baby.

LA RAM got thru a lot of words w/o saying Brady or Cheatriots or Bellicheator tuck rule or deflategate or spygate. Unless i missed it?

He’s come a long way baby.
Well this subject along with teams moving to another city which I DID mention,is right up there with that one on WHY these owners are criminals and have destroyed a great game so sense it is another subject thst infuriates me ALMOST as much,I stayed off THAT one focusing on this other topic that also pisses me off how the owners are criminals.:biggrin:

Thanks to motherfucker Al Davis who is burning in hell now and son mark will join him,him and other owners moving their teams to domed stadiums,the game already became corrupt before then but it became tenfold ten times more corrupt when all those things you just mentioned happened.it increased TENFOLD starting in the early 2000s when all that crap started happening.

Last edited:
I just now got reminded of this a few seconds ago about those good old days sense by accident,I came across the redskins and rams playoff game from 1983 before the game became corrupt as it is now.this is one way it has.

Me being a “LOS ANGELES” Rams fan of course I really love those good old days when the Rams were in LA so I tuned in to watch it.I remember that I so badly wanted to watch that game back then but was sad sense I had to miss it and I did not have a recorder at the time either so finally got to watch it for the first time ever all these years later.:)

The announcers for that game were none other than John Madden and Pat summerall,the best NFL combo announcers ever imo so that was quite a treat for me as well:thup:.John Madden mentioned whst I have said many times over the years on these boards including recently that it’s nice to watch a game the way it was meant to be played out on the grass in mud without a domed stadium and artificial turf.:thup::yes_text12::thankusmile:

that is one of the main reasons the game has been ruined today,this isn’t fucking basketball,that’s not how the game was meant to be played either fir good sakes.I’m okay with Houston having a dome stadium and Arizona and Vegas but that’s where it should end,NONE of the others should have one.the owners have ruined the game now,this is just one example how they have.:mad:

Buffalo is the latest team about to make the NFL much less enjoyable to watch being the latest to go indoors.fuck the NFL,give me these old classic games anyday of the year over the garbage we got to watch now.that’s all these asshole owners care about these days is shiny brand new state of the art stadiums over history and tradition,fuck the NFL.:fu:fuck the domes,give me the good old LA coliseum anyday of the year over their fucking. New domed state of the art facility.

The owners of course don’t give a shit about the fans,most Viking fans want an outdoor stadium but the owners don’t give a shit.just a matter of time before Chicago has one as well I’m sure
Nobody Cares.jpg

Well this subject along with teams moving to another city which I DID mention,is right up there with that one on WHY these owners are criminals and have destroyed a great game so sense it is another subject thst infuriates me ALMOST as much,I stayed off THAT one focusing on this other topic that also pisses me off how the owners are criminals.:biggrin: Thanks to motherfucker Al Davis and owners moving their teams to domed stadiums the game already became corrupt before then but it became tenfold ten times more corrupt when all those things you just mentioned happened.it increased TENFOLD starting in the early 2000s when all that crap started happening.

Raiders were not moved from OAK when they were cheated by the NFL in Tuckgate…..and Snowplowgate. I will give you those two for certain. That started NE replacing Dead DAL as “ Americas team”. I saw it live.

the NFL used to hammer OAK on schedule travel every year…..open at MIA…..then SEA….then NY. They hated Al Davis I suppose? Why? The Raiders were huge 60s 70s 80s…..then the move you love to LA.

Raiders were not moved from OAK when they were cheated by the NFL in Tuckgate…..and Snowplowgate. I will give you those two for certain. That started NE replacing Dead DAL as “ Americas team”. I saw it live.

the NFL used to hammer OAK on schedule travel every year…..open at MIA…..then SEA….then NY. They hated Al Davis I suppose? Why? The Raiders were huge 60s 70s 80s…..then the move you love to LA.
That was probably after the move to LA when they started doing that because the other owners didn’t start to hate Al Davis still he moved them.as I said,that motherfucker Al is evil and so is his son,Al is burning in hell right now alongside of former Rams owner the bitch Georgia Frontiere and motherfucker Mark Davis will soon be right beside them in the future.hope mark dies a slow painful death and I don’t feel one bit guilty fir saying that,he destroyed the livilihoods of hundreds of people in Oakland.

when teams move,,it ruins the livilihoods of so many people because they the team in their city is how they make their money and some depend on them for their livilihoods,many lose their jobs.these owners don’t give a shit though of destroying the livilhoods of familys though of course so I don’t feel guilty in the least in wishing mark Davis a slow painful death,Dean spanos fir the chargers as well.if his father alex was still owner,the chargers would still be in SD,he is a traiter and sellout to his father.

Forum List

Back