what are your picks for the nfl games?

Here's the NFL.com power rankings from week 1....before the first games were played. The Hawks are third.

Power Rankings: 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks rule to start season - NFL.com

I don't know why it was easier to find week 1 ranking from Sports Illustrated Kids than just SI, but here it is, Hawks again listed at #3 :

NFL Power Rankings ? Week 1 | Sports Illustrated Kids

Here's ESPN listing Seattle #1 in their rankings week 1 :

NFL Power Rankings Week 1 - National Football League - ESPN

Seattle has been considered a top team pretty much since the end of last year, definitely during the off-season when they acquired some big name improvements like Harvin and Avril.

The rankings after week 1 are about the same, Seattle was considered a top-3 team.

Stop trying to make it seem like Seattle has overcome such long odds to be the best team. They have been good and widely acknowledged as such since last year. They haven't had to play the underdog, everyone knows how tough a team they are. :lol:

Colin Cowherd, Mike Greenberg have made them early on favorites to win it all. I have heard one football person say Seattle isn't for real this season. They were picked as contenders early on.

See !!!! That's exactly what I'm talkin about !!! You know damned well that for every one ya see there are at least 10,000 out there in the weeds.

Oh ya sure HUGGY !!! Paranoid much ??? Hey !!! I got lotsa proof !!!

Go over to the 9ers webzone site and there are literally hundreds of comments of how bad they want the Hawks to lose. ...How crappy the team is... I even seen one that says Wilson is 4 feet tall !!!!

Haters !!! That's all they are... They keep whining that the Hawk fans can't stop with the "42-13" really ??? Poppycock I say !!! Nonsense !!! Fiddlesticks !!! What about the 29-3 THIS year ???

All we wanna do is win ONE measly Superbowl (and maybe a few right after that one )

Is THAT too much to ask ???

Here's the NFL.com power rankings from week 1....before the first games were played. The Hawks are third.

I don't know why it was easier to find week 1 ranking from Sports Illustrated Kids than just SI, but here it is, Hawks again listed at #3 :

Seattle has been considered a top team pretty much since the end of last year, definitely during the off-season when they acquired some big name improvements like Harvin and Avril.

The rankings after week 1 are about the same, Seattle was considered a top-3 team.

Stop trying to make it seem like Seattle has overcome such long odds to be the best team. They have been good and widely acknowledged as such since last year. They haven't had to play the underdog, everyone knows how tough a team they are. :lol:

Colin Cowherd, Mike Greenberg have made them early on favorites to win it all. I have heard one football person say Seattle isn't for real this season. They were picked as contenders early on.

See !!!! That's exactly what I'm talkin about !!! You know damned well that for every one ya see there are at least 10,000 out there in the weeds.

Go over to the 9ers webzone site and there are literally hundreds of comments of how bad they want the Hawks to lose. ...How crappy the team is... I even seen one that says Wilson is 4 feet tall !!!!

Haters !!! That's all they are... They keep whining that the Hawk fans can't stop with the "42-13" really ??? Poppycock I say !!! Nonsense !!! Fiddlesticks !!! What about the 29-3 THIS year ???

All we wanna do is win ONE measly Superbowl (and maybe a few right after that one )

I have been able to watch all of the 49er Super Bowl wins, so I can always fall back on that when a season turns out badly. :lol:

I'm sorry, I meant haven't, not one. Sorry, go cry to someone else. Everyone has them one or two in the league.

And I only talk about what the experts and the smart people say, not about what a bunch of stupid fans say.

Only paranoid Seanuts think otherwise.

You may win one and so does every other city, you at least had a chance and blew it.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, I meant haven't, not one. Sorry, go cry to someone else. Everyone has them one or two in the league.

And I only talk about what the experts and the smart people say, not about what a bunch of stupid fans say.

You may win one and so does every other city, you at least had a chance and blew it.

Yes I did and it hurts deeply. I take personal responsibility for that loss. Letting the team and Seattle down like that will be a black mark on me forever. :(

Yes I did and it hurts deeply. I take personal responsibility for that loss. Letting the team and Seattle down like that will be a black mark on me forever. :(

Good for you. It was a great Super Bowl and a great game, the best team won.

That Super Bowl had some really shitty officiating as I remember it. I think it may have been the first time I saw someone called for an illegal block because they attempted to tackle someone carrying the ball. :lol:

That Super Bowl had some really shitty officiating as I remember it. I think it may have been the first time I saw someone called for an illegal block because they attempted to tackle someone carrying the ball. :lol:

The ref that made the game extra interesting with his creativity lives in Pittsburg. I think it was a nice touch having a homer ref on the team. I'm not squawkin .. how else do ya expect a fan to ref? If it was me I 'da done it even better. What's anybody gonna do about it? Christ I hope the guy had a ton a dough on it. It's like they handed the dude a lottery ticket and let him print on the numbers the next day after the drawing. More power to him !!! But HUGGY !!! He's a ref an they HAVE to be honest with the fair play and everything ... !!! Ya... Tell that to Ol Honest Franco Harris that knew he "caught" that immaculet reception on the first bounce. He being from Pittsburg did what Pittsburg people do and lied his ass off and everyone was pattin him on the back and he musta gone home and puked his guts out lookin in the mirror. Thats how they invented puting a sink in front of a mirror...I was invented in Pittsburg... I'm certain of it.

Last edited:

The ref that made the game extra interesting with his creativity lives in Pittsburg. I think it was a nice touch having a homer ref on the team. I'm not squawkin .. how else do ya expect a fan to ref? If it was me I 'da done it even better. What's anybody gonna do about it? Christ I hope the guy had a ton a dough on it. It's like they handed the dude a lottery ticket and let him print on the numbers the next day after the drawing. More power to him !!! But HUGGY !!! He's a ref an they HAVE to be honest with the fair play and everything ... !!! Ya... Tell that to Ol Honest Franco Harris that knew he "caught" that immaculet reception on the first bounce. He being from Pittsburg did what Pittsburg people do and lied his ass off and everyone was pattin him on the back and he musta gone home and puked his guts out lookin in the mirror. Thats how they invented puting a sink in front of a mirror...I was invented in Pittsburg... I'm certain of it.

"The Immaculate reception", didn't win or lose that game. Just as the "non call" didn't cost New England their game, nor did the refs cost the Seahawks the game. You overcome adversity and win. You don't let a game come down to one play. "The Pass" didn't cost the Raiders their game. The thrill, is being in one of those games.

Last edited:

"The Immaculate reception", didn't win or lose that game. Just as the "non call" didn't cost New England their game, nor did the refs cost the Seahawks the game. You overcome adversity and win. You don't let a game come down to one play. "The Pass" didn't cost the Raiders their game. The thrill, is being in one of those games.

You miss the point as usual. People from Pittsburg are liars and cheats. Of course the IR didn't affect the SB. A lying cheating Pittsburg ref did. I think it's in thier DNA. They make thier children sign an oath in school to be liars and cheats.

Last edited:

You miss the point as usual. People from Pittsburg are liars and cheats. Of course the IC didn't affect the SB. A lying cheating Pittsburg ref did. I think it's in thier DNA. They make thier children sign an oath in school to be liars and cheats.

I got your point and it is not valid. So, I choose to ignore your ignorance.

Ya'll should just go ahead on and be soccor fans. It appears that the Seahawks are gonna be SB champs for 2-3 years running.

This is the NFL predictions and picks thread right? I pick US to win it all for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
Ya'll should just go ahead on and be soccor fans. It appears that the Seahawks are gonna be SB champs for 2-3 years running.

This is the NFL predictions and picks thread right? I pick US to win it all for the forseeable future.

I don't think you will win anything. The Seahawks will win, Seahawk fans will always be losers, that is just life.

I'm a soccer fan, a football fan, a baseball fan a basketball fan, a fan of many sports. I don't live or die with a 30 plus year loser.

Sounds like a TV infomercial where they always say, "you can have it all....".

I don't think you will win anything. The Seahawks will win, Seahawk fans will always be losers, that is just life.

I'm a soccer fan, a football fan, a baseball fan a basketball fan, a fan of many sports. I don't live or die with a 30 plus year loser.

Explains a lot.

Forum List

Back