what are your picks for the nfl games?

The opening odds presented by the gambling folks for the Seattle SF game mystify me.

I can't figure out where they get the notion that SF has a 3.5 advantage. Based on what exactly?

SF is missing a couple of key players on thier O-Line. I know from watching the Hawks struggle in a couple of games how critical a dependable protection for the QB is.

Look how ferocious Seattle's defensive line played against the Saints.

Is Crabtree the difference? He is back for his second game. So what?

The Saints had a whole armada of talented recievers and arguably the best TE in the NFL and Seattle contained the great Drew Brees to 188 yards.

Sorry Chawlee No Can Do. Seattle has made the great Colin Kaepernick pee down his leg twice in a row. It will be embarrassing for him to urinate on himself in front of his home town fans but that's what will happen.... again just like it did twice up in Seattle.

As of this a.m., the spread is 2.5.

I think it is a stupid point spread. A lot of people are going to bet on this game and IMHO the oddsmakers are going to pay out the ass to cover this spread.

If I had an extra grand laying around I would have no problem laying it all down and taking the stupid 2 and a half points.

Vegas is going to lose it's ass on this game.

I'm picking all home teams this week except the following.

Chiefs, Seahawks and Cowboys all on the road and those three will win.

Every other game I take the home team.

The opening odds presented by the gambling folks for the Seattle SF game mystify me.

I can't figure out where they get the notion that SF has a 3.5 advantage. Based on what exactly?

SF is missing a couple of key players on thier O-Line. I know from watching the Hawks struggle in a couple of games how critical a dependable protection for the QB is.

The Saints had a whole armada of talented recievers and arguably the best TE in the NFL and Seattle contained the great Drew Brees to 188 yards.

Sorry Chawlee No Can Do. Seattle has made the great Colin Kaepernick pee down his leg twice in a row. It will be embarrassing for him to urinate on himself in front of his home town fans but that's what will happen.... again just like it did twice up in Seattle.

I think it is a stupid point spread. A lot of people are going to bet on this game and IMHO the oddsmakers are going to pay out the ass to cover this spread.

If I had an extra grand laying around I would have no problem laying it all down and taking the stupid 2 and a half points.

Good call Huggy! Vegas has got to be hurting tonight! :lol:

SF, 19; Seattle 17. 'Nuff said.

Good call Huggy! Vegas has got to be hurting tonight! :lol:

You're right, I lost the straight but make the spread....a split.

SF, 19; Seattle 17. 'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Why is it enough said?...makes little difference who gets the number one seed at the moment.
Seattle is two up on New Orleans and San Francisco with three to play.

Why is it enough said?...makes little difference who gets the number one seed at the moment.
Seattle is two up on New Orleans and San Francisco with three to play.[/QUOTE]

"'Nuff said 'cause too many had the Seahawks winning big. Yeah, Seattle will likely get HFA but they now need to wait another week. If the Niner's send film of how much holding the Hawk's D committed (every play!) to the league office and the officials call what became obvious today, then Seattle will less effective on D in future games. And, on any Sunday ...!

Don't get me wrong, Seattle's a good football team and shouldn't need to hold so often. It seemed to me that's what Carroll teaches, better to give up 5 and a first down then allow a long reception or PI down field.

Last edited:

"'Nuff said 'cause too many had the Seahawks winning big. Yeah, Seattle will likely get HFA but they now need to wait another week. If the Niner's send film of how much holding the Hawk's D committed (every play!) to the league office and the officials call what became obvious today, then Seattle will less effective on D in future games. And, on any Sunday ...!

Don't get me wrong, Seattle's a good football team and shouldn't need to hold so often. It seemed to me that's what Carroll teaches, better to give up 5 and a first down then allow a long reception or PI down field.[/QUOTE]

Every team holds. You think SF didn't hold in that game? That's right...they COULDN"T have held EVER in the game..because they never got called for holding. Stop acting like you punks won something. Stealing isn't winning. Or didn't you ever learn that in your upbringing?

Those were not the worst drive killing calls. The two phantom face mask grabbing calls 15 yards each at the most in opportune moments when Seattle had gained 17 and 26 yards were the calls that cinched it was a fix for me. Letting the SF player argue with a ref and just push him aside in anger was an interesting non call also. That's one I have NEVER seen. You push a ref in anger and you are disqualified..no brainer...but not tonight.

Somebody had the refs so scared about something that what would normally be fair judges of a game made several major game changing calls and non calls aimed at putting the final score close to the bogus opening line. That kind of thing can happen when millions are at stake. I have no problem with the way SF played. They are a very good team ...but they are not as good as the Seattle Seahawks and because of that fact the refferies had to insert thier will to keep the score close.

It was some of the most lopsided bullshit officiating I have ever witnessed. I seriously doubt that the league will allow these refs to be on the field come playoffs. They get evaluated just like everyone and I doubt the NFL will overlook this.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, Seattle's a good football team and shouldn't need to hold so often. It seemed to me that's what Carroll teaches, better to give up 5 and a first down then allow a long reception or PI down field.

Every team holds. You think SF didn't hold in that game? That's right...they COULDN"T have held EVER in the game..because they never got called for holding. Stop acting like you punks won something. Stealing isn't winning. Or didn't you ever learn that in your upbringing?

Those were not the worst drive killing calls. The two phantom face mask grabbing calls 15 yards each at the most in opportune moments when Seattle had gained 17 and 26 yards were the calls that cinched it was a fix for me. Letting the SF player argue with a ref and just push him aside in anger was an interesting non call also. That's one I have NEVER seen. You push a ref in anger and you are disqualified..no brainer...but not tonight.

Somebody had the refs so scared about something that what would normally be fair judges of a game made several major game changing calls and non calls aimed at putting the final score close to the bogus opening line. That kind of thing can happen when millions are at stake. I have no problem with the way SF played. They are a very good team ...but they are not as good as the Seattle Seahawks and because of that fact the refferies had to insert thier will to keep the score close.

It was some of the most lopsided bullshit officiating I have ever witnessed. I seriously doubt that the league will allow these refs to be on the field come playoffs. They get evaluated just like everyone and I doubt the NFL will overlook this.[/QUOTE]

You and me watched different games. Seattle is the dirtiest team in the league and no Niner pushed an official, Anquan Boldin pushed by an official after telling him to start calling the mugging going on. How about the play where two Hawks held up our receiiver and two more mugged him? Carroll had the balls to throw the red flag 'cause the official called the play over as the receiver's progress had been stopped. Carroll teaches his DB's to hold, that is painfully obvious to any but the most myopic.

Last edited:
I just spoke to a couple of sane Seahawk fans, whose life does not revolve around football and live in the real world.

They thought the officiating sucked, but they said it sucked on both sides and was not the reason the Seahawks lost. They said when Gore ran out of bounds at the 20, they knew the game plan.

Those were not the worst drive killing calls. The two phantom face mask grabbing calls 15 yards each at the most in opportune moments when Seattle had gained 17 and 26

It was some of the most lopsided bullshit officiating I have ever witnessed. I seriously doubt that the league will allow these refs to be on the field come playoffs. They get evaluated just like everyone and I doubt the NFL will overlook this.

Seattle only had 15 more yards in penlites than SF...yeah that face mask call was wrong, but learn to live with it and go on to the next game against the Giants. This game made absolutely no difference in the home field advantage what so ever.

Those were not the worst drive killing calls. The two phantom face mask grabbing calls 15 yards each at the most in opportune moments when Seattle had gained 17 and 26

Seattle only had 15 more yards in penlites than SF...yeah that face mask call was wrong, but learn to live with it and go on to the next game against the Giants. This game made absolutely no difference in the home field advantage what so ever.

Refs cannot put points on the board. They can only take away points and huge gains and in some cases possesion of the ball from a better team as they did when Crabtree clearly fumbled before he was down. The official explaination was that Crabtree was fighting for yards and a whistle was blown announcing the end of his forward progress.. But that is not what happened. Crabtree was not fighting for forward progress and being pushed back causing a whistle as is normally the case in forward progress whistles that stop play. Crabtree was being tackled in the open field and coughed up the ball before his butt hit the turf. There can be no claim for forward progress when the reciever's legs are not on the ground and he is falling straight down. Seattle recovered the ball ending what would turn out to be a SF scoring drive. Claiming forward progress was a blatant lie and cheating by the officials on the 9ers behalf. I don't blame you for WANTING to believe it was a fairly officiated contest. It was not no matter how many obvious fraudulent calls and non calls were made on your teams behalf that you choose to deny.

I doubt that Seattle will see those cheating refs again this season. That crew will definitely never be officiating a playoff game.

It was a fix!

:rofl:

I'm sure that buying stolen property at a huge discount makes you believe you are a careful shopper.

Being dishonest and accepting dishonesty as an advantage is not a good thing.

Enjoy your little piece of stolen property. I doubt SF will even make the playoffs if it takes a three TD ref advantage for you to to win against a good team.

I just spoke to a couple of sane Seahawk fans, whose life does not revolve around football and live in the real world.

They thought the officiating sucked, but they said it sucked on both sides and was not the reason the Seahawks lost. They said when Gore ran out of bounds at the 20, they knew the game plan.

It turned out to be a one-play game. Gore knew how to 'juke' the hell out of Seattle safety Earl Thomas!

Refs cannot put points on the board. They can only take away points and huge gains and in some cases possesion of the ball from a better team as they did when Crabtree clearly fumbled before he was down. The official explaination was that Crabtree was fighting for yards and a whistle was blown announcing the end of his forward progress.. But that is not what happened. Crabtree was not fighting for forward progress and being pushed back causing a whistle as is normally the case in forward progress whistles that stop play. Crabtree was being tackled in the open field and coughed up the ball before his butt hit the turf. There can be no claim for forward progress when the reciever's legs are not on the ground and he is falling straight down. Seattle recovered the ball ending what would turn out to be a SF scoring drive. Claiming forward progress was a blatant lie and cheating by the officials on the 9ers behalf. I don't blame you for WANTING to believe it was a fairly officiated contest. It was not no matter how many obvious fraudulent calls and non calls were made on your teams behalf that you choose to deny.

I doubt that Seattle will see those cheating refs again this season. That crew will definitely never be officiating a playoff game.

Ah Huggy, you are so full of shit you squeak. :lol:

First of all, Crabtree's feet WERE on the ground. He was pushing with them to attempt to move forward.

Second, MANY forward progress calls are made in which a player is not being pushed back but merely stopped.

Third, there were clearly missed calls against the Seahawks, so it certainly cannot be claimed with any objectivity that all of the calls favored the Niners.

You are disappointed that Seattle lost. I get that. This was not, however, a game that turned on a single penalty. The big play of the game was Gore's 51-yard run on the final drive.

Calling the game a fix is clearly just ridiculous whining. Wipe your face on your dress and remember your team still has the best record in football and a clear path to the #1 seed in the NFC.

It was a fix!

:rofl:

I'm sure that buying stolen property at a huge discount makes you believe you are a careful shopper.

Being dishonest and accepting dishonesty as an advantage is not a good thing.

Enjoy your little piece of stolen property. I doubt SF will even make the playoffs if it takes a three TD ref advantage for you to to win against a good team.

Three td ref advantage!

:lmao:

Green Bay and the majority of people who watched that game last year in Seattle thought the same thing.....

Now I am just praying that the 9ers make it back to Seattle in the playoffs. Some serious painfull payback is in order.

I don't put much in prayer but just in case I am visualizing Semi's crossing the centerline and smashing into the vehicles of the officials that sold out in yesterday's game. Bad weather...a lot of drunks on the road...one can only hope.

Now I am just praying that the 9ers make it back to Seattle in the playoffs. Some serious painfull payback is in order.

I don't put much in prayer but just in case I am visualizing Semi's crossing the centerline and smashing into the vehicles of the officials that sold out in yesterday's game. Bad weather...a lot of drunks on the road...one can only hope.

Somebody-call-the.jpg

Forum List

Back