Wendy's Supports Chick-Fil-A

Tolerance. Its the american way.

I wonder how many of these guys who say Gays are wrong becasue the bible says so, have x wives.

Oooh - I'd like one of those!

storm1.jpg

RogueX3.jpg

585FAEF6794ECFA4D7604C9699%289%29.jpg

1. "Jim Furman, CEO of Tarheel Capital, is one of Wendy's biggest franchise owners (he has 86 locations), and he's making his support for Chick-fil-A known.

2. This morning, several of his Wendy's locations in North Carolina put up signs that read, "We stand with Chick-fil-A," reports the L.A. Times."
Wendy's Restaurants Put Up Signs That Say 'We Stand With Chick-Fil-A' - Business Insider

3. "But it’s former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee’s contribution that's getting the most play today. Early in the debate, the former Arkansas governor declared Aug. 1 to be Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day and urged supporters to swarm into the restaurants in support.

4. But it’s former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee’s contribution that's getting the most play today. Early in the debate, the former Arkansas governor declared Aug. 1 to be Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day and urged supporters to swarm into the restaurants in support.

5. [Updated at 8:58 a.m.: Across the country, Twitter users described “mile long traffic to get into chick-fil-a,” stores “so crowded there are cops directing traffic off the highway” and “26 cars in the drive through.” One user, EWErickson, wrote that the “crowd was so big I gave up.”

6. Earlier, several North Carolina Wendy’s restaurants posted signs saying “We Stand With Chick Fil A.” "
Fans, protesters, PETA converge on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day - latimes.com

The Silent Majority eats lunch, it seems.....

wtf is it with you rednecks and fast food? we get it - you hate gays and love greasy cheap food!

Regardless, I am still not clear why CFA came out against gays in such a manner. It's just not sound business practice in the long run. And it really has nothing to do with chicken.

CFL puts their principals above business. They cut 1/7th of their revenue potential on principals.

Consistent if anything.

LOL, their sales have skyrocketed with this great publicity stunt.
Nothing to do whatsoever with Christian principles.
They are peddling chicken sandwiches.
Jesus could care less about chicken sandwiches.

Regardless, I am still not clear why CFA came out against gays in such a manner. It's just not sound business practice in the long run. And it really has nothing to do with chicken.

CFL puts their principals above business. They cut 1/7th of their revenue potential on principals.

Consistent if anything.

Finally - a restaurant for homophobic lard asses. They've found their niche!

you're right it has nothing to do with Jesus - He preached love and tolerance.

Imagine if you would, a Vegetarian who just can't talking abotu steak, describing various ways to prepare steak and steak recipes...

You'd think he was a bit obsessed with steak, wouldn't you?

Well I certainly wouldn't want him silenced and punished for his personal beliefs on steak.

For steak. No.

For hate. Maybe.

If the chairman of Chik-Fil-A made racial rants instead of homophobic ones, we wouldn't have this conversation, because they'd have shut down the whole chain if he hadn't resigned within a week.
Imagine if he had made negative comments about teabaggers!

Consistent if anything.

Finally - a restaurant for homophobic lard asses. They've found their niche!

you're right it has nothing to do with Jesus - He preached love and tolerance.

And Jesus did not eat fried chicken sandwiches.
He ate smoked BBQ chicken with Sprayberrys sauce on the side.

I do not remember any homophobic comments by Dan Cathey.
I have no problem with gay marriage and have no problem with private business running their show how they want.
But this is not about Christianity. It is about peddling sandwiches.
But the thing that stands out the most is the arrogance of these fuckers. There are many of us that have large families that have openly gay folk we love and accept. Their propping up an ancient book and claiming our relatives are 2nd class citizens offends us.
And I do not mind getting up and telling them so 1/2 inch from their nose.

We don't have a Hate-fil-A around here so I can't actively boycott.

However, we do have a Wendy's. Let the partitioning of America continue!
Did you vote for Obama when HE SAID He was for TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE. If you did you my friend are a HATEFUL HYPOCRITE:tongue:
Was he also donating to anti-Gay groups? Was he also disparaging Gays when he made that statement?

republicans never pass up an opportunity to vociferously defend:

homophobes
bigots
big oil
the uber-wealthy

they are truly the party of the people!

Last edited:

Consistent if anything.
That's not principals, it's religious ritual.

"God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about."

wow - now that i think of it, this asshole is telling anyone who defines their marriage outside of the bible they have an "arrogant attitude".

Line a half mile long here yesterday for the chicken sandwiches. More power to them, that is their right and free speech. Man has a right to run his business the best way he sees fit. And it is wrong to use government to boycott private businesses.
We were down on the other side of town across the tracks this week feeding the hungry and working with the poor while all the "family values" Christians were eating their chicken sandwiches and honking their horns going by the Chick Fil A which is on the other side of town. . Jesus never distinguished between gay and straight, never said a word about it.
This has nothing to do whatsoever with Christianity or family values.
They are selling chicken sandwiches. They are good at it, provide a qualityproduct and also provide a good workplace environment for their employees. And they should be able to hire who they want.
Chicken sammiches-gay marriage. I do not see the connection.

Who is using gummint?

"God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about."

wow - now that i think of it, this asshole is telling anyone who defines their marriage outside of the bible they have an "arrogant attitude".

what did you think of the group of black pastors who said the same thing? you going to boycott blacks now?

Line a half mile long here yesterday for the chicken sandwiches. More power to them, that is their right and free speech. Man has a right to run his business the best way he sees fit. And it is wrong to use government to boycott private businesses.
We were down on the other side of town across the tracks this week feeding the hungry and working with the poor while all the "family values" Christians were eating their chicken sandwiches and honking their horns going by the Chick Fil A which is on the other side of town. . Jesus never distinguished between gay and straight, never said a word about it.
This has nothing to do whatsoever with Christianity or family values.
They are selling chicken sandwiches. They are good at it, provide a qualityproduct and also provide a good workplace environment for their employees. And they should be able to hire who they want.
Chicken sammiches-gay marriage. I do not see the connection.

Who is using gummint?

Mayors and many other government officials are banning them from opening new restaurants. Mayors of Boston, Chicago and SF just to name a few.

what did you think of the group of black pastors who said the same thing? you going to boycott blacks now?

When was the last time you went to a black church?
Why are you boycotting them?

Great marketing strategy!

'Pack' those stores, and no fudge packers!!

That is what it amounts to and I have nothing against the Cathey family.
I disagree with their views on gay marriage but they have every right to have them and state them publicly.

republicans never pass up an opportunity to vociferously defend:

homophobes
bigots
big oil
the uber-wealthy

they are truly the party of the people!

I am a Republican dude and I support gay marriage.
Barry Goldwater was the first politician to stand up in the Senate and advocate open service for gays in the military.
Do you know who he is?
This is not a Republican/Democratic thing. For decades the Democrats openly OPPOSED gay marriage including Barry the amateur at the last election.

^----Early front runner for dumbest post of the day.

Forum List

Back