Weird....

Here in the great state of arizona we have more people who once lived somewhere else than we have natives of this state, i see nothing weird about that. Maybe cause once your here and see what this state has and is all about, you just can't help but want to stay. Sadly we do have people dying in the desert just to have a chance to enjoy all what is here

Last edited:
Here in the great state of arizona we have more people who once lived somewhere else than we have natives of this state, i see nothing weird about that. Maybe cause once your here and see whatthis state has and is all about, you just can't help but want to stay. Sadly we do have people dying in the desert just to have a chance to enjoy all what is here

My parents now live in the great state of AZ. I'm American - I currently live in the UK. Apparently, some posters (like Synthia) are too fucking stupid to see the funny side of my post and prefer to lie about me.

She's a bigoted ass for creating an issue where there is none.

It's fun to be exposed to different cultures and languages.

Does it bode well for our country?.

It has for 235 years so far.
a melting pot based on integration into the dominant culture, while adding flavors of your own previous culture worked just fine till we gave up on sane immigration policies in the 1960s. Now we're reaping the rewards of uncontrolled immigration and unpoliced borders. All they do now is try to form little colonies of their own nation in the midst of a culture deranged enough to think that it's okay to not demand integration, and tolerate balkanization.

It is still working just fine. Legal immigrants today assimilate as immigrants always have. And there have always been 'neighborhoods' - what you want to call "colonies." They were more numerous and strictly defined in the past than they are today in fact. You are letting your frustration with the present cloud your sense of history. We need to control our boders, not panic about America 'changing.'

You used the word "problem" to define Britain's immigration.

So sorry that you are unable to choose correct words to express your views.

Not sorry at all that I am here to call you on it, and expose you as the closeted bigot that you are. :)

This is exactly why you're one of the board jokes, Synthia. Only a sick mind creates bigotry out of a perfectly harmless comment for point scoring. You're a sick freak.... it's more important - in that space between your ears - to create bullshit to accuse someone of bigotry... than it is to be truthful.

You know what that makes you? A fucking bigot.
And there is no such thing as racism - only 'reverse racism'. :lol:

You bigots make up your own reality.

The problem - one that you "and your ilk"* have created - is that you call everyone whose political views are different from your own 'bigots', 'racists', 'extremists' or whatever the word of the day is. In doing that, you make those words meaningless. You make it possible for real racists and real bigots to get away with their pathetic views.

Your cheap, meaningless drivel is bigotry in its own right.

Fucking idiot.

*Disclaimer: Ilk - fucking morons like Synthia, these will not necessarily be Democrats, but it will include retarded lefties.

It has for 235 years so far.
a melting pot based on integration into the dominant culture, while adding flavors of your own previous culture worked just fine till we gave up on sane immigration policies in the 1960s. Now we're reaping the rewards of uncontrolled immigration and unpoliced borders. All they do now is try to form little colonies of their own nation in the midst of a culture deranged enough to think that it's okay to not demand integration, and tolerate balkanization.

It is still working just fine. Legal immigrants today assimilate as immigrants always have. And there have always been 'neighborhoods' - what you want to call "colonies." They were more numerous and strictly defined in the past than they are today in fact. You are letting your frustration with the present cloud your sense of history. We need to control our boders, not panic about America 'changing.'
It's not working 'just fine'. It's overwhelmed and unenforced. It's like snapping off the faucet at your sink and claiming it's all right because water is still coming out. Nevermind that it's spraying into the ceiling and across the entire room causing who knows how much water damage and future mold problems that will possibly destroy the entire house IF you stop it relatively quick. If you don't, it WILL destroy the whole house.

That's our current immigration policy and all washington is trying to do is figure out a way to get the temperature right.

I meant that the 'melting pot' is working just fine. Obviously immigration policy and enforcement needs reform.

So, this evening I went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both Americans - so that was three Americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, I noticed a weird thing.

Bearing in mind, I live in England.... at the dinner were:

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Just struck me as weird... all those people - in the UK - and only one of us was actually born in England. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:

And no fights broke out? Imagine that.

I dunno. One interesting bit is most of the people there were communicating with each other in (various qualities) of English. Sitting across from us was a Japanese exchange student helping an Italian family (who seemed to be on vacation) with their English phrase book.

I'm from the midwest, where everybody looks and talks pretty much the same. So it was really cool to be in such a cosmopolitan setting. All these people. from such diverse backgrounds, getting along in the same place. Maybe I'm still hanging on to romantic 'melting pot' notions. You think that's naive?

It's fun to be exposed to different cultures and languages.

Does it bode well for our country? Who knows. It hasn't brought great improvements to Europe and Britain, that's for sure.

When immigrants are treated like second-class citizens, that happens. Like everything else these days, it's a matter of US vs. THEM. But last I heard, the blood in all was still the same shade of red.

Several years ago, I attended a party in Silicon Valley. There were 30-40 professionals, all working in the tech industry (except me) and their spouses. None were born in America. Only one was a naturalized citizen.

:lol:try driving here:eek:

anyway, when I was working towards my Ergonomics certification I had a chance to tour and perform surveys at Intel's MASK design facility......400 of them, and not a a native among them. ;)

Both examples are a sign of the times. Why can't we educate our own people so we don't have to import technical talent?

Anyone else celebrate diversity? Growing up in San Francisco I enjoyed a childhood of diversity, in the foods I enjoyed and the girls I dated. Being that I'm a mutt (French, German, Italian - all Catholic ) different cultures, different religions, different languages fascinated me. I suppose not being conservative, I don't fear different.

We're all mutts. It's just that some hate to admit it.

So, this evening I went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both Americans - so that was three Americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, I noticed a weird thing.

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Just struck me as weird... all those people - in the UK - and only one of us was actually born in England. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:

Sounds like a joke.. You should have ended with "walked into a bar". Just sayin.:lol:

I spend most of my time with diversification by different species.

I must say that I like dogs and cats more than most people regardless of their national origin.

Hell, I proably have spiders living in my house that are older than some of you folks.

We have an agreement, the house spiders and me.

They stay out of my way and I don't squash them.

I even had to carefully remove two daddy longlegs from my shower this morning. They had moved inside to escape the flood waters outside the building. Once I explained it was okay to go back now, they were happy. :lol:

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Sounds like a joke.. You should have ended with "walked into a bar". Just sayin.:lol:

:lol:

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

:lol:
But it doesn't contain a rabbi, priest, jew or duck! How could they walk into a bar?

Diversity is overrated.

I maybe wrong but if you really believe diversity is overrated I suspect you drink only Bud Light, eat only beef and usually go to the same restaurant and order the same thing. Routine has it's place but I don't rate it very high.
Well if we're going to compare, theoretical stereotypes, let's have at it.

By the same standard,you're probably so diverse you probably live in an urban area or a short drive for one where you partake in trendy 'ethnic' dining, wine, cheese, snippy newspapers filled with ads for adult services equally split gay and straight inbetween band, club and alcohol ads to get to three radical left wing opinon pieces you call news. While going with your carefully selected friends (by skin color, sexuality and lack of religion so they match as a set) to some halfassed local theater making fun of the previous administration or Christianity through some thinly veiled guise of being socially aware humor, you discuss how unenlightened the rest of the world is to your empathetic cultural superiority because you like to drink chai and merlot ont the same night as having some vegetable korma in a 'fair trade' restaurant thats overpriced as well. Then drive home in your ecologically conscieous Toyota Self-Righteous.. I mean Pious... I mean Prius, while cutting off trucks and yapping on your cell about the evils of western culture and how everyone should live in intelligent growth tenements and travel by electric trains powered by the self sanctimony of the cultural elite who forced them in there.

Yeah, ethnically diverse. We call it Uptown or Dinkytown here. A bunch of freaky self righteous dirty idiots reeking of patchouli or BO.

Nah, that's not Wry Catcher. I don't think he's a Republican.

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Sort of like going to Wal-Mart here in the States. You will only see about 1 or 2 Americans in the whole damned store. Most likely you won't hear English being spoken either.

You need to get out more. Like to another state.

Sorry, I'm not looking to date you.
CowardGirl won't fuck you, Fitz. At least until she gets back from Britain, and her other forum boy-toy. :lol:
Unlike you, I'm a gentleman, and she is a lady who has more self worth than to denigrate herself like the whores you have to pay. And those little boys don't come cheap, I hear.

Gentleman - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of GENTLEMAN

a : a man of noble or gentle birth
b : a man belonging to the landed gentry

c (1) : a man who combines gentle birth or rank with chivalrous qualities (2) : a man whose conduct conforms to a high standard of propriety or correct behavior

d (1) : a man of independent means who does not engage in any occupation or profession for gain (2) : a man who does not engage in a menial occupation or in manual labor for gain

You fail all but 1b, and maybe not even that.

Several years ago, I attended a party in Silicon Valley. There were 30-40 professionals, all working in the tech industry (except me) and their spouses. None were born in America. Only one was a naturalized citizen.

:lol:try driving here:eek:

anyway, when I was working towards my Ergonomics certification I had a chance to tour and perform surveys at Intel's MASK design facility......400 of them, and not a a native among them. ;)

Both examples are a sign of the times. Why can't we educate our own people so we don't have to import technical talent?

Why not do both?

Forum List

Back