CDZ We should charge 431.50 dollars in order to vote, people will then take it seriously...

People should have to pay $1000 every time they buy a gun

Make them more responsible

and increase robberies, burglaries, and black market sales.

(Why pay an extra grand for what you can buy in an alley?)
Are you claiming gun owners are not responsible?

Care to point out where I claimed that?

People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?
There's a whole bunch of stuff you don't understand about the constitution, huh?

People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?

If the uninformed weren't allowed to vote, you would be disenfranchised.

Poll taxes are unconstitutional. Thanks for playing.

Why should Poll Taxes be unconsitutional....can you explain that for the reading audience? Who said the uninformed were not allowed to vote.......under this plan, they can vote, they simply have to pay 431.50 to do it...........

And I do believe this is the CDZ...and you just violated the rules...please...pay attention to where you are posting....

I'm more concerned about vote machines. No way of knowing if they're rigged. No paper trail.

The Constitution tells us who can/can't vote. Voting itself and the right to vote is assumed in the very fabric of the government it establishes. If you are affected by the laws of the land, you have a say in what those laws are. Period. Doesn't matter if you're smart, or wealthy, or white or even born here so long as you've been naturalized.
Poll taxes have been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, so you can't charge for the right to vote these days. Voting cannot cost money.

The Constitution tells us our right to bear arms in order to have a well regulated militia will not be infringed.
No one has ever expected those firearms to be free. They weren't free then and they aren't free now. The Supreme Court has never overturned fees associated with licensing guns or performing background checks, and I'm sure the NRA has tried, so it is okay to have charges associated with gun ownership.

The two rights you are trying to compare are not actually the same. Without voting, our government would not exist. Without guns in every cupboard and glovebox, I believe our country would function quite well. One is essential to government. The other is not.

Criminals won't pay the 1000 dollars....so you then think that voters should pay 1000 dollars instead of the 431.50 to vote....? Interesting....I guess only the really motivated would vote then......

Right?

That's a very specific amount. Can I assume there is some other subject where a person or persons had to pay $431.50 for something?

You are correct...that is the minimum fee to get a permit to exercise another Right...the Right to own a gun......and many here think that this is an amount that is no big deal to pay for that Right....and that is the minimum...in truth, the amount is far higher...
Guns only shoot things. Its not really that big of a deal. However, now that you mention it I now recall that in some form or another guns and the 2nd amendment is always on your mind. I should have known better.

No, guns don't only shoot things....most defensive uses of guns in this country do not end up with the gun being fired....in fact, that is the majority of self defense outcomes...they save lives without taking lives...so you are wrong...

And again, back to the topic......people should be required to pay 431.50 to vote in elections...it only makes sense...if we want to fix our elections...right?
Wrong.

If you were right then it would be constitutionally legal to charge people to vote.

Why shouldn't we change the Amendment and make people pay to vote.....that would make sure that only the really interested and most informed and the most concerned about the country would vote...right?

Right?

Why should Poll Taxes be unconsitutional....can you explain that for the reading audience? Who said the uninformed were not allowed to vote.......under this plan, they can vote, they simply have to pay 431.50 to do it...........

And I do believe this is the CDZ...and you just violated the rules...please...pay attention to where you are posting....

Poll taxes are unconstitutional because the states ratified the 24th amendment.

So we do a new Amendment...right...? And change that....

Right?

She is 100% correct. If you were really worried about the uninformed voting you would be disenfranchising yourself.

If you cant understand why poll taxes are unconstitutional even after i explained it to you then ask someone else to help you out.

again...a personal attack in the CDZ...what is it with you lefties and rules......you don't really understand the concept....here...let me get a moderator to explain it to you.....

and increase robberies, burglaries, and black market sales.

(Why pay an extra grand for what you can buy in an alley?)

Gun owners in America are the most responsible gun owners in the world.....with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands we only had 586 accidental gun deaths......vs. 33, 000 accidental car deaths....

That's a very specific amount. Can I assume there is some other subject where a person or persons had to pay $431.50 for something?

You are correct...that is the minimum fee to get a permit to exercise another Right...the Right to own a gun......and many here think that this is an amount that is no big deal to pay for that Right....and that is the minimum...in truth, the amount is far higher...
Guns only shoot things. Its not really that big of a deal. However, now that you mention it I now recall that in some form or another guns and the 2nd amendment is always on your mind. I should have known better.

No, guns don't only shoot things....most defensive uses of guns in this country do not end up with the gun being fired....in fact, that is the majority of self defense outcomes...they save lives without taking lives...so you are wrong...

And again, back to the topic......people should be required to pay 431.50 to vote in elections...it only makes sense...if we want to fix our elections...right?
Wrong.

If you were right then it would be constitutionally legal to charge people to vote.

Why shouldn't we change the Amendment and make people pay to vote.....that would make sure that only the really interested and most informed and the most concerned about the country would vote...right?
Because intelligent people understand that free voting is a fundamental tenant of a free society.

Right?

She is 100% correct. If you were really worried about the uninformed voting you would be disenfranchising yourself.

If you cant understand why poll taxes are unconstitutional even after i explained it to you then ask someone else to help you out.

again...a personal attack in the CDZ...what is it with you lefties and rules......you don't really understand the concept....here...let me get a moderator to explain it to you.....
I've never personally attacked you in the CDZ. I just pointed out the truth of her comment.

The Constitution tells us who can/can't vote. Voting itself and the right to vote is assumed in the very fabric of the government it establishes. If you are affected by the laws of the land, you have a say in what those laws are. Period. Doesn't matter if you're smart, or wealthy, or white or even born here so long as you've been naturalized.
Poll taxes have been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, so you can't charge for the right to vote these days. Voting cannot cost money.

The Constitution tells us our right to bear arms in order to have a well regulated militia will not be infringed.
No one has ever expected those firearms to be free. They weren't free then and they aren't free now. The Supreme Court has never overturned fees associated with licensing guns or performing background checks, and I'm sure the NRA has tried, so it is okay to have charges associated with gun ownership.

The two rights you are trying to compare are not actually the same. Without voting, our government would not exist. Without guns in every cupboard and glovebox, I believe our country would function quite well. One is essential to government. The other is not.

No, guns are not free...someone has to make them and since only democrats supported slavery, you can't just make people make a gun for you....

But the Right to own one.....that too is is also assumed in the very fabric of our individual liberty since before we were even a country.....so since owning a gun is also a Right, enshrined in the bill of rights, any fee to exercise that right is no different than a Poll Tax which everyone seems to agree is unConstitutional.....because of the 14th Amendment....the equal protection clause.......

Criminals won't pay the 1000 dollars....so you then think that voters should pay 1000 dollars instead of the 431.50 to vote....? Interesting....I guess only the really motivated would vote then......
Of course they will...criminals have lots of money

Wrong.

Because intelligent people understand that free voting is a fundamental tenant of a free society.

And the right to self defense is as well....so why not charge a tax on voting if you are going to charge a tax on other Rights...?

Right?

I've never personally attacked you in the CDZ. I just pointed out the truth of her comment.

Explain it to the mods...see if they agree....

Wrong.

And the right to self defense is as well....so why not charge a tax on voting if you are going to charge a tax on other Rights...?
Because you dont need a gun to defend yourself but you need to vote in order to vote.

Explain it to the mods...see if they agree....
Sure thing. Please have them contact me.

Wrong.

Because you dont need a gun to defend yourself but you need to vote in order to vote.

Wrong....a gun is the most effective means of self defense....you don't need to vote either....those who actually care about the country can vote for you.....and we can determine that by the fee to vote.....

Forum List

Back