CDZ We should charge 431.50 dollars in order to vote, people will then take it seriously...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?

Some still say only landowners should be allowed to vote.
Seriously, US elections are rather a fair where people can sit on a track.

People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?
wrong

Right?
wrong

Why.....almost everyone complains that the electorate is uninformed and doesn't care enough about elections to get them right....by charging 431.50 for each individual to vote...we will only get people who actually care enough about the issues to vote...

Right?

Right?
wrong

Why.....almost everyone complains that the electorate is uninformed and doesn't care enough about elections to get them right....by charging 431.50 for each individual to vote...we will only get people who actually care enough about the issues to vote...

Right?
Wrong

Charging money will only create a system where people that can afford that $431.50 will be able to vote instead of people that need to make a decision on medicine, food, rent, etc. Basically by purposing such a poorly thought out solution you are showing you have no concern for the elderly or the poor.

Right?

That's a very specific amount. Can I assume there is some other subject where a person or persons had to pay $431.50 for something?

Sorry, I'm on a limited income.

I'd only be able to voter 3-4 times at that amount

Right?
wrong

Right?
Wrong

Charging money will only create a system where people that can afford that $431.50 will be able to vote instead of people that need to make a decision on medicine, food, rent, etc. Basically by purposing such a poorly thought out solution you are showing you have no concern for the elderly or the poor.

So.......isn't it more important to have people who actually care about the country enough to pay this fee vote? Rather than a bunch of people who just vote in ignorance of the issues?

Right?

That's a very specific amount. Can I assume there is some other subject where a person or persons had to pay $431.50 for something?

You are correct...that is the minimum fee to get a permit to exercise another Right...the Right to own a gun......and many here think that this is an amount that is no big deal to pay for that Right....and that is the minimum...in truth, the amount is far higher...

Right?
wrong

Right?
Wrong

So.......isn't it more important to have people who actually care about the country enough to pay this fee vote? Rather than a bunch of people who just vote in ignorance of the issues?
Being able to afford to vote doesnt imply that you care about the country. i could afford that sum easily and I couldnt care less.

There are people that are on fixed incomes that would gladly give their lives for this country. What about them?

Right?

You are correct...that is the minimum fee to get a permit to exercise another Right...the Right to own a gun......and many here think that this is an amount that is no big deal to pay for that Right....and that is the minimum...in truth, the amount is far higher...
Guns only shoot things. Its not really that big of a deal. However, now that you mention it I now recall that in some form or another guns and the 2nd amendment is always on your mind. I should have known better.

Right?

Guns only shoot things. Its not really that big of a deal. However, now that you mention it I now recall that in some form or another guns and the 2nd amendment is always on your mind. I should have known better.

No, guns don't only shoot things....most defensive uses of guns in this country do not end up with the gun being fired....in fact, that is the majority of self defense outcomes...they save lives without taking lives...so you are wrong...

And again, back to the topic......people should be required to pay 431.50 to vote in elections...it only makes sense...if we want to fix our elections...right?

Right?

If the uninformed weren't allowed to vote, you would be disenfranchised.

Poll taxes are unconstitutional. Thanks for playing.

Right?

Why should Poll Taxes be unconsitutional....can you explain that for the reading audience? Who said the uninformed were not allowed to vote.......under this plan, they can vote, they simply have to pay 431.50 to do it...........

And I do believe this is the CDZ...and you just violated the rules...please...pay attention to where you are posting....

Right?

No, guns don't only shoot things....most defensive uses of guns in this country do not end up with the gun being fired....in fact, that is the majority of self defense outcomes...they save lives without taking lives...so you are wrong...

And again, back to the topic......people should be required to pay 431.50 to vote in elections...it only makes sense...if we want to fix our elections...right?
Wrong.

If you were right then it would be constitutionally legal to charge people to vote.

Right?

Why should Poll Taxes be unconsitutional....can you explain that for the reading audience? Who said the uninformed were not allowed to vote.......under this plan, they can vote, they simply have to pay 431.50 to do it...........

And I do believe this is the CDZ...and you just violated the rules...please...pay attention to where you are posting....
She is 100% correct. If you were really worried about the uninformed voting you would be disenfranchising yourself.

If you cant understand why poll taxes are unconstitutional even after i explained it to you then ask someone else to help you out.

People should have to pay $1000 every time they buy a gun

Make them more responsible

Right?

Poll taxes are unconstitutional because the states ratified the 24th amendment.

Forum List

Back