CDZ We should charge 431.50 dollars in order to vote, people will then take it seriously...

Should gun manufacturers give guns away?
No you say. Why not? It's my right to have a gun an'md I want one and I don't have any money to buy one. Gimme a gun.

Should I be able to sell my vote to be able to buy my gun. If not why not?

Should I pose other asinine questions trying to conflate the right to vote with the right to bear arms in a militia?
Sure. Why not. Makes as much sense as claiming there are thousands and thousands of defensive gun uses 365 days of the year.

It is your right to own a gun...not your right to make a slave out of the man who makes it...that is what the democrat party did before the 1860s. There is an individual right to bear arms outside of militia service....has been since the beginning of the country.

there are 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack according to bill clinton's Department of Justice research back in the 1990s.....and that was when there were only 200 million guns in the country and about 4 million concealed carry permit holders...now we have 357 million guns in private hands and 14.5 million Americans actually carrying guns for self defense...so those defensive uses more than likely increased......

And as more Americans bought and carry guns....our gun murder rate went down 49%.......

I'd like to see that statistic about guns used to stop violent crime, if you have a link. I wonder how it was determined.

Here you go......this is a list of all the studies that have looked at defensive gun use over the years........40 years just about.......the name of the researchers or group, the year of the research and the number of defensive gun uses they found....also, wether they included police or military defensive gun uses...

The obama CDC research in 2013 is also shown, as well as the Department of Justice research number during bill clinton's administration....you can see that it is quite a lot of research, done over time by both government and private researchers........

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

This has been debunked over and over. Stop reposting it. It's tantamount to spam.

People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?

I assume this is a joke?

No...it is an actual question.

The answer is obviously no. If you prefer feudalism and an aristocracy, either go back in time 1,000 years or move to Russia.

Then why do you want to charge people to exercise other Rights......? If it is wrong to charger people to exercise one Right it is wrong to charge them to exercise any Right....

Can you explain what you're referring to?

No you say. Why not? It's my right to have a gun an'md I want one and I don't have any money to buy one. Gimme a gun.

Should I pose other asinine questions trying to conflate the right to vote with the right to bear arms in a militia?
Sure. Why not. Makes as much sense as claiming there are thousands and thousands of defensive gun uses 365 days of the year.

It is your right to own a gun...not your right to make a slave out of the man who makes it...that is what the democrat party did before the 1860s. There is an individual right to bear arms outside of militia service....has been since the beginning of the country.

there are 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack according to bill clinton's Department of Justice research back in the 1990s.....and that was when there were only 200 million guns in the country and about 4 million concealed carry permit holders...now we have 357 million guns in private hands and 14.5 million Americans actually carrying guns for self defense...so those defensive uses more than likely increased......

And as more Americans bought and carry guns....our gun murder rate went down 49%.......

I'd like to see that statistic about guns used to stop violent crime, if you have a link. I wonder how it was determined.

Here you go......this is a list of all the studies that have looked at defensive gun use over the years........40 years just about.......the name of the researchers or group, the year of the research and the number of defensive gun uses they found....also, wether they included police or military defensive gun uses...

The obama CDC research in 2013 is also shown, as well as the Department of Justice research number during bill clinton's administration....you can see that it is quite a lot of research, done over time by both government and private researchers........

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

This has been debunked over and over. Stop reposting it. It's tantamount to spam.

These are actual studies....they have not been debunked over and over again....you simply saying you don't like the numbers all of these independent studies have found is not debunking them..........they were researched by trained research professionals in multiple fields of study......so you have no clue what you are saying....

Now you've gone and done it.

People are always complaining that Americans don't understand what they are voting for and don't take voting seriously....so.....we should start charging 431.50 to vote in every election...that way only those people who are really serious about the fate of the country will actually vote...it will weed out the unserious, and the uninformed.....

Right?

I assume this is a joke?

The answer is obviously no. If you prefer feudalism and an aristocracy, either go back in time 1,000 years or move to Russia.

Then why do you want to charge people to exercise other Rights......? If it is wrong to charger people to exercise one Right it is wrong to charge them to exercise any Right....

In order to simply exercise the right to bear arms.....own and carry a gun, in New York....it costs 431.50....minimum...without taking into the extra costs involved with hiring a lawyer to go through the process....

So if it is wrong to charge people to exercise the Right to Vote...it is wrong to use the tactic of a Poll Tax to attack their right to Bear Arms.....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

These are actual studies....they have not been debunked over and over again....you simply saying you don't like the numbers all of these independent studies have found is not debunking them..........they were researched by trained research professionals in multiple fields of study......so you have no clue what you are saying....

LOL @ you providing links to an abstract (Only $19.95 to buy the whole study!)

Who do you think you're fooling?

I assume this is a joke?

In order to simply exercise the right to bear arms.....own and carry a gun, in New York....it costs 431.50....minimum...without taking into the extra costs involved with hiring a lawyer to go through the process....

So if it is wrong to charge people to exercise the Right to Vote...it is wrong to use the tactic of a Poll Tax to attack their right to Bear Arms.....

Can you start a newspaper for free?

Rights aren't absolute, particularly when they affect public safety. This is 3rd-grade level shit.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

LOL @ you providing links to an abstract (Only $19.95 to buy the whole study!)

Who do you think you're fooling?

Nope....you can get those studies in various places.....Kleck gave you the list....now go and get them.......I have found most of them on the internet........please...being truthful is helpful to an actual conversation.

I assume this is a joke?

You have to pay 431.50 to own a shotgun on top of the purchase price?

Rights aren't absolute, particularly when they affect public safety. This is 3rd-grade level shit.

You have a Right to Free Speech, but you cannot force someone to work for you....democrats did that and Republicans had to make them stop.

No one said Rights are absolute....if you are a felon, you lose your right to Bear Arms.....but law abiding people should not have to pay to exercise a Right...that becomes a priveledge, not a Right...

Yes....over 350 dollars for the permit and 90 some odd dollars for the finger print.....and again....that doesn't include all the fees and taxes, including hiring a lawyer to get a concealed carry permit...

You have a Right to Free Speech, but you cannot force someone to work for you....democrats did that and Republicans had to make them stop.

No one said Rights are absolute....if you are a felon, you lose your right to Bear Arms.....but law abiding people should not have to pay to exercise a Right...that becomes a priveledge, not a Right...

Felons in many states CAN buy guns, provided the conviction has been expunged. LOL @ "Law abiding."

Yes....over 350 dollars for the permit and 90 some odd dollars for the finger print.....and again....that doesn't include all the fees and taxes, including hiring a lawyer to get a concealed carry permit...

Why would you need to do that? Are you unable to read instructions?

How much does it cost to get a pistol permit in NY?
The application fee for a handgun license is $340.00. Effective March 9, 2012, the fee for fingerprints is $91.50. These fees may be paid by credit card or with money orders when you submit your application. Money orders should be made payable to the “New York City Police Department.”

NYPD - Firearms Licenses - FAQs - NYC.gov
www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/firearms.../gun_licensing_faq.shtml
New York City

Are you part of a militia and do you support state rights?

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Unfortunately, many of the links within the page do not work.

It seems like it could be a difficult statistic to accurately determine. That it happens at least in the hundreds of thousands seems like a good guess based on the little I looked at it, though.

Felons in many states CAN buy guns, provided the conviction has been expunged. LOL @ "Law abiding."

Yeah....so......they have to go through a process, and can't own a gun until they do....that is a limit....also, the dangerously mentally ill can't own or carry guns either....

No...I am not in a militia......and I support our Constitutional federal system of checks and balances between states and the Federal government.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Unfortunately, many of the links within the page do not work.

It seems like it could be a difficult statistic to accurately determine. That it happens at least in the hundreds of thousands seems like a good guess based on the little I looked at it, though.

It is difficult to determine, and the studies take the easy way out and just assume that anyone holding a gun at all has used it "defensively." It's a bogus, pro-gun study. Tainted as studies get.

No...I am not in a militia......and I support our Constitutional federal system of checks and balances between states and the Federal government.
Then you technically have no right to bear arms and you are paying for the privilege. So you understand how thats different from a right?

Forum List

Back