War With Iran This Fall?

diplomacy-rumsfeld-saddam-hussein-reagan-republicans-political-poster-1275483107.jpg
Thank you for sharing that photograph. I recall it from back then, but the only trouble is, shortly after that, I heard the U. S. had decided not to back Iraq. In fact, the Soviets did, and when our troops went into Iraq, that's all they found--old Soviet equipment, not USA equipment. We decided not to help them because Saddam was using chemical weapons, and even though he was fighting Iran, and Iran had detained Americans for 444 days against their will and ours and were lower than snake snot, Saddam was even lower for using chem weapons on the poor Kurds. He was also known for murdering his own country's former congresscritters his first week as leader of Iraq. Rumsfeld was only making a query because Americans were glad to see someone else fighting Iran the kidnappers, but when the decision was made, Iraq was out, not in with American aid. I remember reading it in the paper and wondering what in the world had the Iraqis done in order to get no help from us when Iran had been such a horse's heiny to Americans who'd been hijacked by terrorists, and Iran held them. I didn't think it could get much worse. At the time, I did not know Iraq had used chemical weapons against the Kurds. That's why I remember the story.

There's been a lot of rewriting of history that didn't happen in this country in the last 30 years in order to smear good people.

It stuck in my craw, because I didn't know both sides, I just knew Iran had blatantly kidnapped American citizens who did them no harm whatever.

Iran is a member of the SCO,I don't see Isreal attacking Iran.

SCO?

I don't see Israel attacking Iran, either. But they have been known to take action as needed for survival. So, it's not out of the question.
And if Israel attacks and this follows...

"The Iranians have the capability to fire rockets at Israel for a period of months, and Hizbollah could fire tens of thousands of grad rockets and hundreds of long-range missiles..."

What then?

CIA veteran: Israel to attack Iran in fall - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Are you confusing the Israeli air strike on Iraq's nuclear reactor with Iran?

If they are attacked, the Iranians won't respond with all out war, but they are big enough to hit major population centers in Israel for months:

"There is almost 'near certainty' that Netanyahu is 'planning an attack [on Iran] ... and it will probably be in September before the vote on a Palestinian state. And he's also hoping to draw the United States into the conflict", Baer explained.

"The Israeli air force would attack 'Natanz and other nuclear facilities to degrade their capabilities. The Iranians will strike back where they can: Basra, Baghdad", he said, and even Afghanistan. Then the United States would jump into the fight with attacks on Iranian targets.

"'Our special forces are already looking at Iranian targets in Iraq and across the border [in Iran] which we would strike. What we're facing here is an escalation, rather than a planned out-and-out war. It's a nightmare scenario. We don't have enough troops in the Middle East to fight a war like that.' Baer added, 'I think we are looking into the abyss'".

Netanyahu could sodomize Ahmadinejad in Wolf Blitzers situation room, and nobody here would bat an eyelash George.....

~S~
Well...I just can't help thinking you are being a trifle flippant in your assessment, Sparky.

What if Wolf is hacking Gabby Gifford's phone while Bibi and A'jad are fighting over the vaseline?

I'm pretty damn sure a few of us at USMB will be shutting off the ol' computer and CRANKING up "fair and balanced."

You really need some down time at Camp FEMA...
Get help.

It stuck in my craw, because I didn't know both sides, I just knew Iran had blatantly kidnapped American citizens who did them no harm whatever.
It is called blowback from 1953.

Plus, the US provided chemical weapons to Iraq.

We were in Korea in 1953 as I recollect.

The "chemican weapons" allegedly supplied to Iraq was part of a university educational request Iraq made through the United Nations. Their agreement was to use them for educational uses only, not to mass produce them and use them against their own people.

You know, America can just take so much misinformation and get itself smeared wrongfully, and it always gets turned into a poltical "gotcha" often by the very people who committed it against a rival they make it look like it was committed by.

This nation hopefully learned a lesson from that travesty, but it was supposed to have been used in an academic way, not one of war against helpless, unarmed civilian citizens, many of whom were small children. We had no idea.

The "chemican weapons" allegedly supplied to Iraq was part of a university educational request Iraq made through the United Nations. Their agreement was to use them for educational uses only, not to mass produce them and use them against their own people.

You know, America can just take so much misinformation and get itself smeared wrongfully, and it always gets turned into a poltical "gotcha" often by the very people who committed it against a rival they make it look like it was committed by.

This nation hopefully learned a lesson from that travesty, but it was supposed to have been used in an academic way, not one of war against helpless, unarmed civilian citizens, many of whom were small children. We had no idea.

Nope, Americans love to get bogged down in guerilla warfare that doesn't serve much of a cause, except for killing people and burying us in debt.

We have a history of it.

The underlying problem is that if Israel does this, most of the Arab world would side with Iran, making our position untennable in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The UN would condemn Israel's action, and we'd be put in the position of vetoing it.

Generally, people who whine about neg reps get negged again. Since your signature is a whine against neg reps, I guess we'll see you down to zero rep power soon. :lol:

I see a pattern. RW kooks love to neg me, leave me nasty messages, and then they bitch when I reciprocate. In fact, you are bitching right now.

Perhaps I should extend my list.

Since you are defending Liability, I will extend my offer to you. Pick a topic and I will be happy to show you up.

Who gives a rat's ass about your "list" ? It's meaningless - as are you and your minus six neg rep points you keep handing out.

Why don't you just STFU and try to get along with people, vs posting your braindead drivel.

Who gives a rat's ass about your "list" ? It's meaningless - as are you and your minus six neg rep points you keep handing out.

Why don't you just STFU and try to get along with people, vs posting your braindead drivel.

Still whining like a little girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
The right is just wanting Obama to have yet another war.

"Obama is a born again neocon"

~Kristol

He is a third Bush term. I still do not understand why the right does not like him, he keeps their wars going, extends their tax cuts, etc.
Obama's base isn't all that different from Bush's Pioneers.
Democrats AND Republicans depend on the same 1% of voters to fund their campaigns.
There's no way to alter the Big Issues in the US by "choosing" between the two major parties.
Wall Street owns both of them.

The Iranians are responsible for most of the turmoil in the middle east now and the Saudis can not tolerate that. Iran killed the PM in Lebanon and he was Saudi and was influencing Saudi policy there.
Syria is aligned with Iran. The Arab world can't stand that.
The Arab League with a new SC is pretty much irrelevant in recent years. Impotent to the core. Any Isreali attack, and I doubt there will be any, would be condemned outright but unless it is a full scale invasion, will not be responded to by the Arab world by troops and materials to support Iran.

Stop me if you've heard this before.
Wars and rumors of wars, right?

"A longtime CIA officer (Robert Baer) who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran in the fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering US military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond...

Obviously this is something that's been rumored many times in the past.
What's different right now is the slow-motion Depression settling over the global economy.

Wars and rumors of wars...
And the guns of August/bombs of September??

"Robert Baer has had a storied career, including a stint in Iraq in the 1990s where he organised opposition to Saddam Hussein. (He was recalled after being accused of trying to organise Saddam's assassination.) Upon his retirement, he received a top decoration for meritorious service...

"He obviously won't name many of his sources in Israel, the United States, and elsewhere, but the few he has named are all Israeli security figures who have publically warned that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are hell-bent on war.

"Most former Mossad chiefs wary of Netanyahu

"Baer was especially impressed by the unprecedented warning about Netanyahu's plans by former Mossad chief Meir Dagan. Dagan left the Israeli intelligence agency in September 2010.

"Two months ago, he predicted that Israel would attack and said that doing so would be 'the stupidest thing' he could imagine. According to Haaretz...

But maybe not as stupid as Obama's response to such an act?
There's no doubt how the US Congress would react to an Israeli attack on Natanz.

I wouldn't trust Al Jazeera discussing Israel if they said Israeli rain was wet, however; Iran has it coming. And if Iran is bombed back into the stone age, so be it. I wish I could fly a mission that would drop a daisy cutter right on top of the Ayotollah's head.
"A longtime CIA officer who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran in the fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering US military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond.

"Earlier this week, Robert Baer appeared on the provocative KPFK Los Angeles show Background Briefing, hosted by Ian Masters. It was there that he predicted that Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is likely to ignite a war with Iran in the very near future."

If you had found Robert Baer's quote in the NYT or News of the World,(too late) would you have taken his warning more seriously?

Why do you think one more war will make this planet better?

You might also consider at least one of Baer's sources before dropping any daisy cutters.

"Baer was especially impressed by the unprecedented warning about Netanyahu's plans by former Mossad chief Meir Dagan. Dagan left the Israeli intelligence agency in September 2010.

"Two months ago, he predicted that Israel would attack and said that doing so would be 'the stupidest thing' he could imagine.

"According to Haaretz:

"When asked about what would happen in the aftermath of an Israeli attack Dagan said that: 'It will be followed by a war with Iran. It is the kind of thing where we know how it starts, but not how it will end.'"

"The Iranians have the capability to fire rockets at Israel for a period of months, and Hizbollah could fire tens of thousands of grad rockets and hundreds of long-range missiles, he said."

The Iranians are responsible for most of the turmoil in the middle east now and the Saudis can not tolerate that. Iran killed the PM in Lebanon and he was Saudi and was influencing Saudi policy there.
Syria is aligned with Iran. The Arab world can't stand that.
The Arab League with a new SC is pretty much irrelevant in recent years. Impotent to the core. Any Isreali attack, and I doubt there will be any, would be condemned outright but unless it is a full scale invasion, will not be responded to by the Arab world by troops and materials to support Iran.
Most people on this planet think the US is responsible for "most of the turmoil in the Middle East."

How many other countries are sending troops half-way around the world to invade and occupy countries who posed no risk to the invaders' homeland?

MLK's "greatest purveyor of violence on the planet" hasn't changed.

One guy who is no longer in the US and never was in the Israeli government makes a comment and they sheeple pass it off as a truth! I doubt even Bibi know whether they will attack Iran or not! You read baseless shit like this all the time. A supposed "creditable" guy got information from an unnamed, unknown "insider!" The sheeple say look its true, because when it come it the Jews, the antisemites will believe whatever is bad (always ignoring the good)!

Second, name the war in which ONE America soldier fought for Israel in?
'48 - actually we put an arms embargo in the region, while the Soviets armed the Arabs to the teeth!
'53 - nope, we stopped the Brits, French and Israelis, from pushing further into Egypt and really crippling their military. We feared an escalation with the USSR.
'67 - we provided arms, but we didn't send any troops.
'73 - NOPE
'83 - Ditto
'06 - NOPE

So we haven't sent any troops to fight along side Israel ever, yet the antisemites believe we will do it to fight Iran? Seriously! You people are dumb.

Forum List

Back