War With Iran This Fall?

Who posed no risk to the invaders' homeland? Iran has been threatening to wipe Israel off of the map for years and they're building nuclear weapons. I think that's enough of a threat.
Israel has over two hundred nuclear weapons and the fourth of fifth most deadly conventional army in the world. What possible threat does Iran pose in comparison to Israel's? (not to mention the US's killing machine)

Suicide bombers.
Suicide bombers that would not exist if a Jewish state hadn't been inflicted upon a population that was two-thirds non-Jewish in 1948 Palestine.

The solution would seem to start with the creation of a state of Palestine next September, and cutting off all US aid to Israel until it's illegal settlements are disbanded.

So, if we go to war with Iran will the GOP break their no-taxes pledge in order to pay for it,
or will we just tack a few trillion more on the national debt,

so the GOP can complain about that?

NATO isn't building a missile-shield for nothing in this economic crisis.
You have to be realistic and interpret the events accordingly.

Most people believe pro wrasslin is real. Do you?
What else is new?
And how many of us are strapping bombs on, walking into elementary schools and public places to kill innocent civilians?

We don't have to, we just kill toddlers with cruise missiles.

NATO admits fault as toddlers killed in Libya

Your claims that we target toddlers with cruise missles is beyond bizzarre.
How many human beings (including toddlers) has the US military killed since the end of WWII?
How many of the dead posed the slightest threat to the US homeland?
What part of "greatest purveyor of violence on this planet" don't you understand?

How about I put up 50K that we will not be at war with Iran this fall.
Any takers.
And double or nothing that we will not be at war with Iran in the next 24 months.
Any takers.
Bull shit walks and $$$ talks.

We don't have to, we just kill toddlers with cruise missiles.

NATO admits fault as toddlers killed in Libya

How many human beings (including toddlers) has the US military killed since the end of WWII?
What part of "greatest purveyor of violence on this planet" don't you understand?

Ever heard of Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot?
Just to name a few of dozens and dozens.
You missed the boat on this one Moe.
Look up. A fly ball just went 20 feet over your head in left field.
WELL DUH.

Yep, I do view it as a bad thing, I view the war on terror as a bad and unwinnable thing.

Besides we're funding Al Qaeda in Libya, so we no longer have a concrete anti-Al Qaeda stance.

A local man was caught here a few months after he had robbed 4 banks and killed 2 other people.
His family was on welfare.
Accordingly, we funded the bank robberies and the murders.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Libyan commanders came right out and told us their fighters have Al-Qaeda ties, did that stop the funding and support? Of course not.

We're doing the same thing in Libya that we did in Afghanistan from 1979-1985, all we can do now is sit back, cross our fingers and hope the monsters we're giving money and military prowess to now don't turn into the heros of the area like Osama did.
US elites who get rich from war are crossing their fingers and hoping we never run out of enemies.

Wars will end when they have to be paid for within one year of their start date, and when all war profits after the first innocent death are taxed at 101%.

When the dollar finally dies it will no longer be possible to send hired killers half way around the globe to wage war for profit. I hope Canada and Mexico don't mind too much when we start killing their toddlers for tar sands.

Elected Republicans AND Democrats won't.

Well the oil pipelines have been built in Afghanistan, we've blown up Iraq, we're blowing up Libya/Pakistan/Yemen/Syria and god knows what other arab country, by the time we get bored with that I'm sure we'll "liberate" another oil rich country so we can bring them "freedom."

So yeah, finding an excuse and bombing a country we've already tried to destroy in other ways sounds about right. Our other methods were ending democracy in Iran and giving a madmen gas to kill them from the inside out, what's left? Our newest favorite warmongering tool, cruise missiles.

Nope, we haven't touched Syria.

U.S. Military Helicopters Launch Attack Inside Syria - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

DAMASCUS, Syria — U.S. military helicopters struck a network of foreign fighters in Syria, a U.S. military official said Sunday, killing eight people and earning recrimination from Damascus, which condemned the raid as "serious aggression."

So for US standards this is a small version of warmongering, but an attack nonetheless.

"War mongering"? What "war mongering"? Let me help you out here:"the term "foreign fighters" is a euphemism for "terrorists". Got that? Good, because when and where terrorists stick their slimy little heads up, WE ARE GOING TO KILL THEM! The countries (and that most certainly DOES include Syria), have been repeatedly put on notice that if you hide them, if you shelter them, if you supply them, then, you ARE them, and your piss-ant country just became a free fire zone. It's about time we made sure everyone, and I do mean everyone, understands that the five hundred pound gorilla sits wherever he wants, and there is only ONE five hundred pound gorilla (that would be America). I don't really care what we do to that shithole known as Syria, but about one day worth of shock and awe would be enough to eliminate virtually any Syrian targets of military significance. The place is a hostile country, a long-time trouble maker in the region, and a pimple on the arse of the world. Seems like a good place to make an example of.

This entire thread is the usual peacenik fear-mongerig crap from George, and I'm amazed anyone has bothered with the nonsense. IF (and it's a big if) Israel attacks Iran's nuke facilities, they will simply save us the trouble of eventually doing so ourselves. I do not particularly care. Whether Iran is a Military threat to us at present is a moot point; they clearly HOPE to be (why else would they need nuclear weapons). Blow 'em up now, or blow 'em up later, and they won't be a threat, which is rather the point of the exercise.

Wow....this piece of shit sellout EX-CIA is really going out on a limb with his cliam. :eusa_whistle:

I know more than that dumbfuck about what is going to happen....
What do you know about Obama?

"And who knows what Obama would do?

"So far, he has not exactly distinguished himself when it comes to standing up to Netanyahu.

"But an Israeli attack on Iran would be different.

"It would endanger countless Americans (in the region and here at home, too). It would kill off any economic recovery by causing oil prices to skyrocket. It would engulf us in another Middle East war. And it would threaten the existence of the state of Israel."

CIA veteran: Israel to attack Iran in fall - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Another "time-frame". There were dozens of them before.
One possible difference this time is the slow-motion train wreck that's remaking the global economic order. If capitalism is going the way of communism, a lot of very rich parasites all around this globe would look favorably upon their number one historical distraction: War.

Wow....this piece of shit sellout EX-CIA is really going out on a limb with his cliam. :eusa_whistle:

"So far, he has not exactly distinguished himself when it comes to standing up to Netanyahu.

"It would endanger countless Americans (in the region and here at home, too). It would kill off any economic recovery by causing oil prices to skyrocket. It would engulf us in another Middle East war. And it would threaten the existence of the state of Israel."

Good article. I like it and find a lot of it credible. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard is PARANOID as the majority of Iranians oppose the regime and they know it. They welcome a fight to distract attention from their domestic problems.
But 2 things stand out as total BS.
1. Anyone with any knowledge of special forces knows that we already have them on the ground in Iran with large Iranian support. Humans that want to be free people hate the mullahs.
2. Meir Dagan is more respected than what Baer and AlJazeera give him credit for. Because of his long tenure and the confidence the career Mossad officers STILL have in him there will be no attack. Mossad officers traditionally have not spoken but this is to be taken seriously ans the politicians know it. There will be no attack.

How about I put up 50K that we will not be at war with Iran this fall.
Any takers.
And double or nothing that we will not be at war with Iran in the next 24 months.
Any takers.
Bull shit walks and $$$ talks.
How are you defining "at war with"?
Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, Korea, Hitler and Tojo?

How are you defining "internet gambling"?

I know more than you and what is going to happen.

You shut the fuck up about the US military, we protect your piece of shit ass.

This shithead talking out his ass doesn't know shit about what we're doing and what we can do. He is trying to milk his former CIA days into a paycheck today, he is no longer read-in like me...he's a pandering monkey for the left.

Well the oil pipelines have been built in Afghanistan, we've blown up Iraq, we're blowing up Libya/Pakistan/Yemen/Syria and god knows what other arab country, by the time we get bored with that I'm sure we'll "liberate" another oil rich country so we can bring them "freedom."

So yeah, finding an excuse and bombing a country we've already tried to destroy in other ways sounds about right. Our other methods were ending democracy in Iran and giving a madmen gas to kill them from the inside out, what's left? Our newest favorite warmongering tool, cruise missiles.
"Another US war?

"Masters (KPFK radio host) asked Baer why the US military is not mobilising to stop this war from happening. Baer responded that the military is opposed, as is former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who used his influence to thwart an Israeli attack during the Bush and Obama administrations. But he's gone now and 'there is a warning order inside the Pentagon' to prepare for war.

"It should be noted that the Iranian regime is quite capable of triggering a war with the United States through some combination of colossal stupidity and sheer hatred. In fact, as Baer explained, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard would welcome a war.

"They are 'paranoid'. They are 'worried about ... what's happening to their country economically, in terms of the oil embargo and other sanctions'. And they are worried about a population that increasingly despises the regime.

"They need an external enemy. Because we are leaving Iraq, it's Israel. But in order to make this threat believable, they would love an attack on their nuclear facilities, love to go to war in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and Iraq and hit us where they could.

"Their defense is asymmetrical.

"We can take out all of their armored units.

"It's of little difference to them, same with their surface-to-air missile sites. It would make little difference because they would use terrorism. They would do serious damage to our fleet in the Gulf."

This shithead talking out his ass doesn't know shit about what we're doing and what we can do. He is trying to milk his former CIA days into a paycheck today, he is no longer read-in like me...he's a pandering monkey for the left.

"Another US war?

"Masters (KPFK radio host) asked Baer why the US military is not mobilising to stop this war from happening. Baer responded that the military is opposed, as is former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who used his influence to thwart an Israeli attack during the Bush and Obama administrations. But he's gone now and 'there is a warning order inside the Pentagon' to prepare for war.

"It should be noted that the Iranian regime is quite capable of triggering a war with the United States through some combination of colossal stupidity and sheer hatred. In fact, as Baer explained, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard would welcome a war.

"They are 'paranoid'. They are 'worried about ... what's happening to their country economically, in terms of the oil embargo and other sanctions'. And they are worried about a population that increasingly despises the regime.

"They need an external enemy. Because we are leaving Iraq, it's Israel. But in order to make this threat believable, they would love an attack on their nuclear facilities, love to go to war in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and Iraq and hit us where they could.

"Their defense is asymmetrical.

"We can take out all of their armored units.

"It's of little difference to them, same with their surface-to-air missile sites. It would make little difference because they would use terrorism. They would do serious damage to our fleet in the Gulf."

Post up or shut up, Troll.

"Robert 'Bob' Booker Baer (born July 1, 1952) is an American author and a former CIA case officer[1] assigned to the Middle East. He is TIME.com's intelligence columnist[1] and has contributed to Vanity Fair, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.[2] Baer is a frequent commentator and author about issues related to international relations, espionage and U.S. foreign policy."

Robert Baer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most likely Outcome if Israel does attack Irans Nuclear program, does not involve a land war IMO. Israel is not going to invade Iran, and Any Attempt by Iran to move an army on Israel would result in the most 1 sided slaughter the world has ever seen. It would make the Road from Kuwait to Baghdad in 91 look like a nice place to hang out.

The Israeli Air Force would make short work of the Iranian Air force, and after that Iran would be helpless to carry out any kind of Conventional War against Israel.

That's really kind of the point. Those who believe the evidence that Iran is developing Nuclear weapons, Understand why they would. They stand no chance in Conventional War with Israel and the West. Only through a Nuclear Sword and Shield can threaten the world.

That is as long as the west continues to be vigilant and powerful.

The most likely Outcome if Israel does attack Irans Nuclear program, does not involve a land war IMO. Israel is not going to invade Iran, and Any Attempt by Iran to move an army on Israel would result in the most 1 sided slaughter the world has ever seen. It would make the Road from Kuwait to Baghdad in 91 look like a nice place to hang out.

The Israeli Air Force would make short work of the Iranian Air force, and after that Iran would be helpless to carry out any kind of Conventional War against Israel.

That's really kind of the point. Those who believe the evidence that Iran is developing Nuclear weapons, Understand why they would. They stand no chance in Conventional War with Israel and the West. Only through a Nuclear Sword and Shield can threaten the world.

That is as long as the west continues to be vigilant and powerful.

I agree with that also. Good post.
But one must know that The Revolutionary Guard is a seperate entity in Iran than the conventional forces of land, sea and air.
Those crazies would sacrifice all of that for the sake of war and then their terror cells would attack at will. Our entire fleet there is at risk.

WELL DUH.

The 3 men you listed were worse, but at least their reigns weren't continuous, like you see with the continous bloodshed the US is responsible for and I doubt any educated mind would predict that ending anytime soon.

Look at the last 10 years of warmongering, not many people in the Arab world are safe from a cruise missile landing on their head. I mean heck, who would've predicted in the springtime that we were going to bomb the hell out of Libya?

WELL DUH.

The 3 men you listed were worse, but at least their reigns weren't continuous, like you see with the continous bloodshed the US is responsible for and I doubt any educated mind would predict that ending anytime soon.

Look at the last 10 years of warmongering, not many people in the Arab world are safe from a cruise missile landing on their head. I mean heck, who would've predicted in the springtime that we were going to bomb the hell out of Libya?

So we just sit back and let them attack us at will?

Forum List

Back