War With Iran This Fall?

Ever heard of Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot?
Just to name a few of dozens and dozens.
You missed the boat on this one Moe.
Look up. A fly ball just went 20 feet over your head in left field.
WELL DUH.

The 3 men you listed were worse, but at least their reigns weren't continuous, like you see with the continous bloodshed the US is responsible for and I doubt any educated mind would predict that ending anytime soon.

Look at the last 10 years of warmongering, not many people in the Arab world are safe from a cruise missile landing on their head. I mean heck, who would've predicted in the springtime that we were going to bomb the hell out of Libya?

So we just sit back and let them attack us at will?

Iraq and Saddam didn't attack us. The Taliban didn't attack us, although I agree we should've went in and bombed them for a couple months in order to take them out for harboring Osama, Libya didn't attack us, Syria didn't attack us, Yemen didn't attack us, Pakistan didn't attack us, Somalia didn't attack us.

And to be frank, call me crazy, I'm not worried about a Somalian invasion of the United States.

Wow....this piece of shit sellout EX-CIA is really going out on a limb with his cliam. :eusa_whistle:

I know more than that dumbfuck about what is going to happen....
What do you know about Obama?

"And who knows what Obama would do?

"So far, he has not exactly distinguished himself when it comes to standing up to Netanyahu.

"But an Israeli attack on Iran would be different.

"It would endanger countless Americans (in the region and here at home, too). It would kill off any economic recovery by causing oil prices to skyrocket. It would engulf us in another Middle East war. And it would threaten the existence of the state of Israel."

CIA veteran: Israel to attack Iran in fall - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Good article. I like it and find a lot of it credible. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard is PARANOID as the majority of Iranians oppose the regime and they know it. They welcome a fight to distract attention from their domestic problems.
But 2 things stand out as total BS.
1. Anyone with any knowledge of special forces knows that we already have them on the ground in Iran with large Iranian support. Humans that want to be free people hate the mullahs.
2. Meir Dagan is more respected than what Baer and AlJazeera give him credit for. Because of his long tenure and the confidence the career Mossad officers STILL have in him there will be no attack. Mossad officers traditionally have not spoken but this is to be taken seriously ans the politicians know it. There will be no attack.
Apparently Dagan's rock solid conservatism makes his views on Netanyahu even more credible to many hardliners inside Israel and elsewhere:

"According to Ben Caspit of Israeli daily Maariv, Dagan's blasts at Israel's political leadership are significant not only because Mossad chiefs, in office or retired, traditionally have kept their lips sealed but also because Dagan is very conservative on security matters.

"Caspit writes that Dagan is 'one of the most rightwing militant people ever born here. ... When this man says that the leadership has no vision and is irresponsible, we should stop sleeping soundly at night.'

"Dagan describes the current Israeli government as 'dangerous and irresponsible' and views speaking out against Netanyahu as his patriotic duty.

"And his abhorrence of Netanyahu is not uncommon in the Israeli security establishment.

"According to Think Progress, citing the Forward newspaper, 12 of the 18 living ex-chiefs of Israel's two security agencies (Mossad and Shin Bet), are 'either actively opposing Netanyahu's stances or have spoken out against them.'

"Of the remaining six, two are current ministers in Netanyahu government, leaving a grand total of four out of 18 who independently support the prime minister."

Former CIA Official: Israel Will Bomb Iran In September | Political Correction

The 3 men you listed were worse, but at least their reigns weren't continuous, like you see with the continous bloodshed the US is responsible for and I doubt any educated mind would predict that ending anytime soon.

Look at the last 10 years of warmongering, not many people in the Arab world are safe from a cruise missile landing on their head. I mean heck, who would've predicted in the springtime that we were going to bomb the hell out of Libya?

Iraq and Saddam didn't attack us. The Taliban didn't attack us, although I agree we should've went in and bombed them for a couple months in order to take them out for harboring Osama, Libya didn't attack us, Syria didn't attack us, Yemen didn't attack us, Pakistan didn't attack us, Somalia didn't attack us.

And to be frank, call me crazy, I'm not worried about a Somalian invasion of the United States.

That would have done nothing, thats the kind of response the Taliban and Al Qaeda expected from the US after 9/11. They would have just hid in Pakistan for a few months and than came back and re-opened the training camps.

That would have done nothing, thats the kind of response the Taliban and Al Qaeda expected from the US after 9/11. They would have just hid in Pakistan for a few months and than came back and re-opened the training camps.

And as we've seen terrorists can and will hide anywhere, so you either declare World War 3 or you go in and take out who you can.

And as we've seen terrorists can and will hide anywhere, so you either declare World War 3 or you go in and take out who you can.

The Afghan war was under manned, under funded and neglected, especially when we went into Iraq and diverted all our resources there. We should have stayed the course in Afghanistan, and fuck Iraq. We had the Taliban on the ropes after the initial assault, they were streaming into Afghanistan like a pinata exploded, but during the years we let them re-arm, re-group and re-establish themselves.

What do you know about Obama?

"And who knows what Obama would do?

"So far, he has not exactly distinguished himself when it comes to standing up to Netanyahu.

"But an Israeli attack on Iran would be different.

"It would endanger countless Americans (in the region and here at home, too). It would kill off any economic recovery by causing oil prices to skyrocket. It would engulf us in another Middle East war. And it would threaten the existence of the state of Israel."

Good article. I like it and find a lot of it credible. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard is PARANOID as the majority of Iranians oppose the regime and they know it. They welcome a fight to distract attention from their domestic problems.
But 2 things stand out as total BS.
1. Anyone with any knowledge of special forces knows that we already have them on the ground in Iran with large Iranian support. Humans that want to be free people hate the mullahs.
2. Meir Dagan is more respected than what Baer and AlJazeera give him credit for. Because of his long tenure and the confidence the career Mossad officers STILL have in him there will be no attack. Mossad officers traditionally have not spoken but this is to be taken seriously ans the politicians know it. There will be no attack.
Apparently Dagan's rock solid conservatism makes his views on Netanyahu even more credible to many hardliners inside Israel and elsewhere:

"According to Ben Caspit of Israeli daily Maariv, Dagan's blasts at Israel's political leadership are significant not only because Mossad chiefs, in office or retired, traditionally have kept their lips sealed but also because Dagan is very conservative on security matters.

"Caspit writes that Dagan is 'one of the most rightwing militant people ever born here. ... When this man says that the leadership has no vision and is irresponsible, we should stop sleeping soundly at night.'

"Dagan describes the current Israeli government as 'dangerous and irresponsible' and views speaking out against Netanyahu as his patriotic duty.

"And his abhorrence of Netanyahu is not uncommon in the Israeli security establishment.

"According to Think Progress, citing the Forward newspaper, 12 of the 18 living ex-chiefs of Israel's two security agencies (Mossad and Shin Bet), are 'either actively opposing Netanyahu's stances or have spoken out against them.'

"Of the remaining six, two are current ministers in Netanyahu government, leaving a grand total of four out of 18 who independently support the prime minister."

Former CIA Official: Israel Will Bomb Iran In September | Political Correction

Right wing former military and right wing politicians are as different as night and day.
Right wing politicians are usually war happy.
Right wing former military have seen what happens and only want war as a last, last resort.

The Afghan war was under manned, under funded and neglected, especially when we went into Iraq and diverted all our resources there. We should have stayed the course in Afghanistan, and fuck Iraq. We had the Taliban on the ropes after the initial assault, they were streaming into Afghanistan like a pinata exploded, but during the years we let them re-arm, re-group and re-establish themselves.
Maybe war was the wrong response to 911.

The FBI never charged UBL with the New York terror attacks of 2001.
Unlike the attacks on our African embassies and the USS Cole.

Since at least as much planning for the 911 attacks took place in Germany and Florida as in Afghanistan, why hasn't your side called for carpet bombing Dresden or Alligator Alley?

PS, if you're considering putting Florida in play, my suggestion is wait a few more weeks and start in Gainesville...see if it slows these guys down.

Fucking idiots like you aren't allowed to know anything, just stick with living in your mom's closet.

This shithead talking out his ass doesn't know shit about what we're doing and what we can do. He is trying to milk his former CIA days into a paycheck today, he is no longer read-in like me...he's a pandering monkey for the left.

"Another US war?

"Masters (KPFK radio host) asked Baer why the US military is not mobilising to stop this war from happening. Baer responded that the military is opposed, as is former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who used his influence to thwart an Israeli attack during the Bush and Obama administrations. But he's gone now and 'there is a warning order inside the Pentagon' to prepare for war.

"It should be noted that the Iranian regime is quite capable of triggering a war with the United States through some combination of colossal stupidity and sheer hatred. In fact, as Baer explained, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard would welcome a war.

"They are 'paranoid'. They are 'worried about ... what's happening to their country economically, in terms of the oil embargo and other sanctions'. And they are worried about a population that increasingly despises the regime.

"They need an external enemy. Because we are leaving Iraq, it's Israel. But in order to make this threat believable, they would love an attack on their nuclear facilities, love to go to war in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and Iraq and hit us where they could.

"Their defense is asymmetrical.

"We can take out all of their armored units.

"It's of little difference to them, same with their surface-to-air missile sites. It would make little difference because they would use terrorism. They would do serious damage to our fleet in the Gulf."

Post up or shut up, Troll.

"Robert 'Bob' Booker Baer (born July 1, 1952) is an American author and a former CIA case officer[1] assigned to the Middle East. He is TIME.com's intelligence columnist[1] and has contributed to Vanity Fair, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.[2] Baer is a frequent commentator and author about issues related to international relations, espionage and U.S. foreign policy."

Robert Baer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't see this actually happening.

First, I think it's safe to assume Israel will not use nukes to resolve it's Iran problem. To do so would make it more of an international pariah than it already is. Even the US couldn't take it's side in the UN. So that only leaves it with the option of conventional airstrikes.

Now, they were able to successfully strike an Iraqi reactor in 1982 and a Syrian Reactor more recently. But targets in Iran are more fortified, more spread out, and they'd have to fly a lot further to reach them. The Iranians have pretty decent air defenses, so they'd lose a lot of planes in the process.

It should also be pointed out that Ahmadihijad is on his last legs politically, he is losing his support amongst the clergy who really runs things. That could probably open the door to someone more moderate who can reach reaproachment with the west, as long as no one does something silly like attack them.

I hope you're right, but...

"What happens when you see 100 F-16's approaching Iraq and there is a call to the White House [from Netanyahu] that says 'We're going in, we're at war with Iran'?

"What does the President of the United States do?

"He has little influence over Bibi Netanyahu. ... We can't stop him. And he knows it.

Or can we?

Robert Baer is surprised by the reaction in the blogosphere to his speculation Israel may attack Iran this fall:

"To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, I wonder what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had first discussed them on talk radio.

"Having found myself at the center of a bizarre series of stories claiming that Israel is planning to attack Iran in September as a result of some speculative answers to a talk-show host's questions, I think I now know...

"The Huffpo's headline sparked a frenzy in Middle Eastern media outlets ranging from Israel's Jerusalem Post and Haaretz to Hizballah's TV station al-Manar.

"Their reports implied that I was some sort of unimpeachable authority, talking with the certainly of an insider looped into the plans and intentions of the key decision-makers.

"And then came the hate mail. One former State Department official wrote that my comments were all the proof he needed to know that I'd 'gone rogue.' A well-known pundit called me a loose cannon.

"By Monday, the former State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley started tweeting that I didn't know what I was talking about. His tweets also made front-page news in Israel."

Former CIA Man: Don't Bet on Israel's Bombing Iran on My Speculation! - TIME

Prophet or loose cannon?
Both??

We'll have a better idea two months from today.

Your masters have already told you that they had another "event" lined up for Sept. They said they found it in Osama,s writings ( CIA orders).I suggest you be ready.
Lets get that economy-jobs show kicked up a notch !

Forum List

Back