Why isn't the GOP talking about cutting taxes right now?

If it will fix everything...why not do it now?

Because they have to maintain a fine balance between pleasing their base, still having money to spend like a drunk teenager who got daddy's credit card, and leaving the tax code as is so both them and the Democrats can politicize it.

because it wont? derpa derp.

Apparently tax increases won't help either. It's hard to figure out the GOP position. Obama has offered to cut spending and the GOP wants, apparently to do nothing on the revenue side.

Odd.

I actually support them on that front. Spending in washington has become an addiction, and the last thing we want to do is be an enabler. They have to prove to me that they've kicked the habit of gross overspending before I will ever support giving them MORE money to blow on bullshit.

we dont have a revenue problem we have a spending problem. derpa derp.

Great...then why not cut taxes? Why are no GOPsters endorsing tax cuts about right now?

because thats not the problem or the issue derpa derp.

2615fd9e-207b-4e57-b894-9021eed537fb.jpg

Last edited:
we dont have a revenue problem we have a spending problem. derpa derp.

Great...then why not cut taxes? Why are no GOPsters endorsing tax cuts about right now?

because thats not the problem or the issue derpa derp.
Not the issue? Hell, its our money.

You just said the government takes in plenty of money so why not cut it back and give tax breaks...you know...it supposedly grows the economy when we do that sort of thing and apparently the economy isn't growing enough...righter sucka mucka?

tax money isnt your money until the money is paid in taxes, idiot. you really are a herpa derp.

I said it was our money and they want X amount every year. If tax cuts really do grow the economy--as every GOPster will tell you they do--why not cut the taxes?

It would, according to the GOPsters, grow the economy and thus create jobs, put lollipops in the hands of all children, etc...

So, since according to you, we don't have an income problem, why not reduce the income or at least sponsor cutting taxes?

Lets not call each other names man...it's a simple question; you say we take in plenty of money so why not reduce taxes? ducka mucka?

Because there are already 1 billion loopholes in the tax code that the rich and corporations wind up paying nothing in taxes and leave it to the people who earn between $75,000 - $150,000 a year.

And cutting taxes 2-3% will be about as big of news as the paint that dried on the wall today.

The only reason why tax cuts have had temporary impacts on the economy is when taxes were in the 80-90% range and they were cut by over 50%. A tax cut 40-50% make a gigantic difference. The problem is that there are no taxes to cut anymore. They've cut them as much as possible and the economy is still weak.

Apparently tax increases won't help either. It's hard to figure out the GOP position. Obama has offered to cut spending and the GOP wants, apparently to do nothing on the revenue side.

Odd.
Not really. The GOP is afraid the TPM and other radical right ideologues will send them packing next year if they vote to raise taxes.

Because there are already 1 billion loopholes in the tax code that the rich and corporations wind up paying nothing in taxes and leave it to the people who earn between $75,000 - $150,000 a year.

And cutting taxes 2-3% will be about as big of news as the paint that dried on the wall today.

The only reason why tax cuts have had temporary impacts on the economy is when taxes were in the 80-90% range and they were cut by over 50%. A tax cut 40-50% make a gigantic difference. The problem is that there are no taxes to cut anymore. They've cut them as much as possible and the economy is still weak.

You're sort of preaching to the choir. I'm trying to get one of the GOPsters to explain why they're not endorsing the cutting of taxes at this moment when we desperately (allegedly) need to grow the economy.

Obama has put $4T in budget cuts on the table. Apparently the GOP isn't interested in doing anything on the income side--raise or cut.

For this situation, thats the news of the day.

But lets go back to June; why are they not talking about cutting taxes since, according to them--it will grow the economy?

I just find it very interesting that "tax cuts" are the silver bullet to grow the economy, create jobs, shrink government, pay off our debt, blah blah blah and not one of them is saying "cut taxes" right now.

Cut spending and cut taxes. I can only dream.

If you decrease revenue and you decrease spending, you're not going to make a profit. If people really care about the deficit, they should know we should increase taxes and decrease spending. That will help the debt tremendously.

Cut spending and cut taxes. I can only dream.

If you decrease revenue and you decrease spending, you're not going to make a profit. If people really care about the deficit, they should know we should increase taxes and decrease spending. That will help the debt tremendously.

It seems like a pretty easy formula to me.

You're sort of preaching to the choir. I'm trying to get one of the GOPsters to explain why they're not endorsing the cutting of taxes at this moment when we desperately (allegedly) need to grow the economy.

Obama has put $4T in budget cuts on the table. Apparently the GOP isn't interested in doing anything on the income side--raise or cut.

For this situation, thats the news of the day.

But lets go back to June; why are they not talking about cutting taxes since, according to them--it will grow the economy?

I just find it very interesting that "tax cuts" are the silver bullet to grow the economy, create jobs, shrink government, pay off our debt, blah blah blah and not one of them is saying "cut taxes" right now.

The Bush tax cuts did nothing to grow the economy, mostly because tiny tax cuts do nothing. You think a guy who's making a million dollars a year is going to notice 2-3% more money? That's $30,000. If you're making a million NET every year, $30,000 does nothing for you. It's chump change. You can't even buy a new Lexus with it. Moreover a 2-3% tax increase won't mean anything to them either.

Forum List

Back