Wait. Cops are reluctant to testify?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
In the ongoing trial of Jason Van Dyke who accused of murdering Laquan Macdonald officers who were present are being forced to testify for the Prosecution. And they aren’t happy about it at all.

Testimony by cops big part of Chicago officer's murder trial

Mod Edit -- Updated link moved to OP below. SavannahMann

Chicago cops reluctantly testify against 1 of their own

One even refused to point the defendant out for the jury. These cops are do not want to tell the truth. The truth shown in the video. The former partner of Van Dyke who is no longer a cop says that Macdonald raised his arm to attack the cops. When he was confronted by the video, his lame excuse was that he had a different vantage point.

Really?

The reason the cops are testifying has nothing to do with duty, love of the job, or any of that rah rah bullshit we are always told motivates them. It has everything to do with fear of being held in contempt.

If not for the video, we wouldn’t even have a trial. If not for the video, the narrative that was written in reports would have been the official finding by the investigation. The lie would have been the “truth”.

Tell me again how the vast majority of cops are good and hate bad cops again. I love that lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #SOLUTIONS

Hello, SavannahMann. The link you shared does not mention anything about reluctant cops being forced to testify.

Are you certain you posted the correct news story link?

Laquan McDonald, Tupac Shakur.jpg

Peace.

Last edited:
#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #SOLUTIONS

Hello, SavannahMann. The link you shared does not mention anything about reluctant cops being forced to testify.

Are you certain you posted the correct news story link?

View attachment 217393

Peace.

Yeah, but apparently it updated. Thanks for pointing that out. New improved link, which will be updated to the OP. If I can edit it.

Chicago cops reluctantly testify against 1 of their own

The Chicago police officers clearly do not want to be in court testifying against a colleague accused of murder, with one of them so uncomfortable he couldn’t bring himself to point to the man on trial, something witnesses are routinely asked to do.

But one after another — whether they want to or not — officers at the scene the night of Oct. 20, 2014, when white officer Jason Van Dyke emptied his gun into black teenager Laquan McDonald are being called to testify, as prosecutors seek to chip away at the “blue wall of silence” long associated with the city’s police force and other law enforcement agencies across the country.

None of the officers has criticized Van Dyke in testimony over the first two days of his trial, but each has bolstered the contention by prosecutors that what Van Dyke did was “completely unnecessary.” Van Dyke’s attorneys say he feared for his life and acted according to his training.

In the ongoing trial of Jason Van Dyke who accused of murdering Laquan Macdonald officers who were present are being forced to testify for the Prosecution. And they aren’t happy about it at all.

One even refused to point the defendant out for the jury. These cops are do not want to tell the truth. The truth shown in the video. The former partner of Van Dyke who is no longer a cop says that Macdonald raised his arm to attack the cops. When he was confronted by the video, his lame excuse was that he had a different vantage point.

Really?

The reason the cops are testifying has nothing to do with duty, love of the job, or any of that rah rah bullshit we are always told motivates them. It has everything to do with fear of being held in contempt.

If not for the video, we wouldn’t even have a trial. If not for the video, the narrative that was written in reports would have been the official finding by the investigation. The lie would have been the “truth”.

Tell me again how the vast majority of cops are good and hate bad cops again. I love that lie.
The vast majority of cops are good and hate bad cops.

Really?

You'd think so........

Really?

You'd think so........
I know we hated the bad officers at the prison.

Really?

So why do all those bad cops always have other cops cover and lie for them? Why is "I was in fear for my life" ALWAYS enough to get them off unless there is a video showing different?

Really?

So why do all those bad cops always have other cops cover and lie for them? Why is "I was in fear for my life" ALWAYS enough to get them off unless there is a video showing different?
Show me ones you are talking about and I'll try to answer.

Really?

Plenty of videos of cops shooting unarmed men and then claiming fear for their life. Pick one.

Really?

Plenty of videos of cops shooting unarmed men and then claiming fear for their life. Pick one.
I've seen many of them and in all but a very few, the actions of these mens caused the result.

Really?

I've seen many of them and in all but a very few, the actions of these mens caused the result.

This guy was shot for doing what he was told to do

That looks pretty bad. I would never have done that without telling the cop I am going to get my license out of that car. What was the outcome of it?

Really?

I’m afraid that doesn’t make any sense. It is utterly illogical. Bordering on fantasy.

Let’s say that 95% of the cops are good and really hate corrupt cops. How can the corrupt cops exist? Wouldn’t they spend every day in mortal fear of being caught? Wouldn’t they find another line of work where they were not threatened by coworkers?

How does it work? I mean it is flatly impossible. Perhaps you can elucidate me.

That looks pretty bad. I would never have done that without telling the cop I am going to get my license out of that car. What was the outcome of it?

Right, because no other person in the world besides a cop would think to shoot someone who was doing exactly what he was told to do. Spreading intimidation and fear are not part of the job description, and the assholes who think they are shouldn't be cops. Knowing that a cop is likely to kill you on a whim is a big part of why cops get shot.

Really?

I’m afraid that doesn’t make any sense. It is utterly illogical. Bordering on fantasy.

Let’s say that 95% of the cops are good and really hate corrupt cops. How can the corrupt cops exist? Wouldn’t they spend every day in mortal fear of being caught? Wouldn’t they find another line of work where they were not threatened by coworkers?

How does it work? I mean it is flatly impossible. Perhaps you can elucidate me.

Blue lives seem to be the only ones that matter.

Right, because no other person in the world besides a cop would think to shoot someone who was doing exactly what he was told to do. Spreading intimidation and fear are not part of the job description, and the assholes who think they are shouldn't be cops. Knowing that a cop is likely to kill you on a whim is a big part of why cops get shot.

You are totally lying now. As expected.

Really?

Did a bad guy die? If so good.

Really?

Did a bad guy die? If so good.

Well Illinois no longer has the death penalty so I don’t think Van Dyke will be sentenced to death when, or if, he is convicted.

You are totally lying now. As expected.

Exactly what lie are you referring to? What other profession could you expect to shoot you because you were too quick to do what you were told? You seem to think it's natural for citizens to have to attempt to read a cops mind to guess what might scare him.

Forum List

Back