trump says he plans to testify in his classified documents case.

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

That would be a hoot! But I doubt his legal team will let him anywhere near the stand. We all know the propensity of the former president to pepper his language with untruths. But if the 6'3" 215 pound man decides to and does testify, I am sure the prosecution will be happy to see him on the stand. There are some answers that only he can give.

This is the one case where the numbers are not good for trump. He should rethink his position.

That would be a hoot! But I doubt his legal team will let him anywhere near the stand. We all know the propensity of the former president to pepper his language with untruths. But if the 6'3" 215 pound man decides to and does testify, I am sure the prosecution will be happy to see him on the stand. There are some answers that only he can give.

This is the one case where the numbers are not good for trump. He should rethink his position.

Testify, no. Lie? Yes.

It's yet undetermined if this trial will happen. That said, I think I'd let a lawyer do the talking.

1aomanbad.png

i can hear his lawyers screaming a collective:

No way does the prosecution get that lucky.

His lawyers would threaten to walk out, if they have any self respect.

Of course he will. Then it will come out why the Reich was so interested in what documents Trump had taken with him and declassified. That's something you would worry about if you didn't have a TDS infested brain jimboliar.

A lawyer must advise a client about the risks of testifying — which are many. But ultimately, at a criminal trial, it is the client who makes the decision. Not the lawyers.

Of course his lawyers will counsel him against testifying. And, of course, President Trump ought to heed such advice. But, if he insists on his right to testify, despite their advice, then it becomes their duty not just to assist him in preparing for his direct testimony but also to prepare him for cross-examination.

That latter prep ought to be grueling. It should be at least as vicious as they can assume the special counsel’s cross will be. I would hope that it was vicious enough to change his mind.

Oh fun! :yes_text12:

I am sure Smith is drooling at the chance of cross examining trump, the 6'3" 215 pound lying machine.
Smith may never get the chance. Can't wait to hear Trump testify about the information in those documents he declassified and who they implicate.

A lawyer must advise a client about the risks of testifying — which are many. But ultimately, at a criminal trial, it is the client who makes the decision. Not the lawyers.

Of course his lawyers will counsel him against testifying. And, of course, President Trump ought to heed such advice. But, if he insists on his right to testify, despite their advice, then it becomes their duty not just to assist him in preparing for his direct testimony but also to prepare him for cross-examination.

That latter prep ought to be grueling. It should be at least as vicious as they can assume the special counsel’s cross will be. I would hope that it was vicious enough to change his mind.
Trump will testify to the truth of the raid. Great information about to come out.

Forum List

Back