trump says he plans to testify in his classified documents case.

I am sure Smith is drooling at the chance of cross examining trump, the 6'3" 215 pound lying machine.
The evil in the White House doesn't have all that much time left to finish the job of destroying the country.....better get moving, if he can figure out which way to go.

Trump will testify to the truth of the raid. Great information about to come out.
I doubt he will testify at all. But, if he does, the cross-examination wouldn’t be limited only to whatever he might choose to discuss on direct examination.

I don’t believe the special prosecutor is ethical. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t experienced. I’d expect his cross-examination to be skilled and damaging. And there is no good reason for Trump to give such ammunition/opportunity to the opponent.

I doubt he will testify at all. But, if he does, the cross-examination wouldn’t be limited only to whatever he might choose to discuss on direct examination.

I don’t believe the special prosecutor is ethical. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t experienced. I’d expect his cross-examination to be skilled and damaging. And there is no good reason for Trump to give such ammunition/opportunity to the opponent.
I think he should and would tell all he knows under questioning by his Counsel. Who cares what Smith does or says? The laws broken were not by Trump, they were by the DOJ and cronies.

I think he should and would tell all he knows under questioning by his Counsel. Who cares what Smith does or says? The laws broken were not by Trump, they were by the DOJ and cronies.
Risk vs reward.

Sure, there is a clear upside to testifying. You get to tell your side to the jury. But the cross-examination by a skilled prosecutor can still be deadly, even to a defendant who happens to be utterly innocent of the charges.

Risk vs reward.

Sure, there is a clear upside to testifying. You get to tell your side to the jury. But the cross-examination by a skilled prosecutor can still be deadly, even to a defendant who happens to be utterly innocent of the charges.
Its all a sham anyway. Crooks get away with anything, good guys are persecuted by the crooks.

Trump will testify to the truth of the raid. Great information about to come out.

73kkp7.png

That would be a hoot! But I doubt his legal team will let him anywhere near the stand. We all know the propensity of the former president to pepper his language with untruths. But if the 6'3" 215 pound man decides to and does testify, I am sure the prosecution will be happy to see him on the stand. There are some answers that only he can give.

This is the one case where the numbers are not good for trump. He should rethink his position.

Just like he planned to release the irrefutable report of Georgia voter fraud..."My lawyers won't let me do it." :laugh:

you gave me a thumbs down The Duke about my post #34

here you go:

At least 8 fake electors have immunity in Ga. election probe​

BY KATE BRUMBACK
Published 9:18 PM EDT, May 5, 2023
ATLANTA (AP) — The prosecutor investigating possible illegal meddling in the 2020 election in Georgia has agreed to immunity deals with at least eight Republican fake electors who signed a certificate falsely stating that then-President Donald Trump had won the state.
Defense attorney Kimberly Debrow revealed the existence of the immunity deals in a court filing Friday, saying her eight clients had accepted the agreements last month. The filing does not identify the people who were offered immunity deals.
Last July, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ office revealed that each of the 16 people who signed the false elector certificate was a target of her investigation, which is examining whether Trump and his allies committed any crimes while trying to overturn his narrow election loss.
The 16 fake electors met at the state Capitol on Dec. 14, 2020, and signed a certificate declaring falsely that Trump had won the presidential election and declaring themselves the state’s “duly elected and qualified” electors.
At least 8 fake electors have immunity in Ga. election probe

From 2008 to 2010 he served as a director of investigations for the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. He returned to the United States in 2010 to take up an appointment as head of the DOJ’s Public Integrity Section, which investigates and prosecutes politicians and government officials accused of corruption.
Jack Smith | Biography, Special Counsel, Trump Investigations, & Facts

The Public Integrity Section (PIN) oversees the investigation and prosecution of all federal crimes affecting government integrity, including bribery of public officials, election crimes, and other related offenses. PIN investigates and prosecutes some of the most sensitive, complex, and contentious public corruption cases handled by the Department, including cases involving elected and appointed officials at all levels of government. PIN also serves as a source of advice and expertise for federal prosecutors and agents regarding the handling of public corruption cases nationwide, and plays a key role in developing Department policy concerning public corruption and election crime investigations and prosecutions. PIN handles cases in Districts across the country, either on its own or in partnership with the local U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Public Integrity Section (PIN)

From 2008 to 2010 he served as a director of investigations for the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. He returned to the United States in 2010 to take up an appointment as head of the DOJ’s Public Integrity Section, which investigates and prosecutes politicians and government officials accused of corruption.
Jack Smith | Biography, Special Counsel, Trump Investigations, & Facts

The Public Integrity Section (PIN) oversees the investigation and prosecution of all federal crimes affecting government integrity, including bribery of public officials, election crimes, and other related offenses. PIN investigates and prosecutes some of the most sensitive, complex, and contentious public corruption cases handled by the Department, including cases involving elected and appointed officials at all levels of government. PIN also serves as a source of advice and expertise for federal prosecutors and agents regarding the handling of public corruption cases nationwide, and plays a key role in developing Department policy concerning public corruption and election crime investigations and prosecutions. PIN handles cases in Districts across the country, either on its own or in partnership with the local U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Public Integrity Section (PIN)

"The request comes after Smith’s subordinate, Director of DOJ’s Election Crimes Branch, Richard Pilger, told Committee investigators in a transcribed interview that the Justice Department met with Lois Lerner in October 2010, two and a half years earlier than previously known, to discuss potential criminal enforcement relating to political speech of nonprofit groups in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith.”

"
The meeting occurred days before Lois Lerner spoke at a Duke University event about the immense political pressure on the IRS to “fix the problem” created by Citizens United before the 2010 midterm election."

"
The subpoena followed an April 23, 2014 letter from 17 Members of the Committee requesting materials concerning the Department’s involvement in efforts to scrutinize tax-exempt applicants after emails surfaced between Pilger and the Internal Revenue Service’s Lois Lerner where they discussed singling out and prosecuting tax-exempt applicants, at the urging of a Democratic Senator."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith. We therefore respectfully request that you make Mr. Smith available for a transcribed interview."
" Mr. Pilger further testified that following the hearing, he contacted Ms. Lerner to follow up on Senator Whitehouse’s proposal that the Department prosecute nonprofits for false statements made on the groups’ application forms about whether they intended to engage in political speech.[11] Although Mr. Pilger stated that Mr. Smith directed him to contact Ms. Lerner,"

Lerner had to step down and the IRS got sued for $150 million plus. (and lost)

Smith is a high-level corrupt shitbag.

7y8ujo.jpg

No conspiracy here, Mr. MAGA. You people are finished. Bow out gracefully or get swept our more forcefully. One or the other, there is no third alternative.

Forum List

Back