trump says he plans to testify in his classified documents case.

No conspiracy here, Mr. MAGA. You people are finished. Bow out gracefully or get swept our more forcefully. One or the other, there is no third alternative.
wrongkiddo.png

I doubt he will testify at all. But, if he does, the cross-examination wouldn’t be limited only to whatever he might choose to discuss on direct examination.

I don’t believe the special prosecutor is ethical. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t experienced. I’d expect his cross-examination to be skilled and damaging. And there is no good reason for Trump to give such ammunition/opportunity to the opponent.
Bonespurs Trump is too much of a liar to testify in a criminal proceeding. He's also a gutless coward.

That would be a hoot! But I doubt his legal team will let him anywhere near the stand. We all know the propensity of the former president to pepper his language with untruths. But if the 6'3" 215 pound man decides to and does testify, I am sure the prosecution will be happy to see him on the stand. There are some answers that only he can give.

This is the one case where the numbers are not good for trump. He should rethink his position.

Quick rubes! Give him more money!

"The request comes after Smith’s subordinate, Director of DOJ’s Election Crimes Branch, Richard Pilger, told Committee investigators in a transcribed interview that the Justice Department met with Lois Lerner in October 2010, two and a half years earlier than previously known, to discuss potential criminal enforcement relating to political speech of nonprofit groups in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith.”

"
The meeting occurred days before Lois Lerner spoke at a Duke University event about the immense political pressure on the IRS to “fix the problem” created by Citizens United before the 2010 midterm election."

"
The subpoena followed an April 23, 2014 letter from 17 Members of the Committee requesting materials concerning the Department’s involvement in efforts to scrutinize tax-exempt applicants after emails surfaced between Pilger and the Internal Revenue Service’s Lois Lerner where they discussed singling out and prosecuting tax-exempt applicants, at the urging of a Democratic Senator."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith. We therefore respectfully request that you make Mr. Smith available for a transcribed interview."
" Mr. Pilger further testified that following the hearing, he contacted Ms. Lerner to follow up on Senator Whitehouse’s proposal that the Department prosecute nonprofits for false statements made on the groups’ application forms about whether they intended to engage in political speech.[11] Although Mr. Pilger stated that Mr. Smith directed him to contact Ms. Lerner,"

Lerner had to step down and the IRS got sued for $150 million plus. (and lost)

Smith is a high-level corrupt shitbag.
Kudos for posting some sort of attempt at backup including a link. So you're a fan of Darrell Issa and the Citizen's United decision? What did Jack Smith do wrong?

I'll bet you $10,000 that your ass buddy won't testify in Fulton County, in D.C. or anywhere else.

He's gutless.
I never suggested that he would testify. If I were representing him, I’d try my best to talk him out of it.

Your perception of that somehow being gutless is ridiculous. But then again, almost everything you post is ridiculous.

You’re mindless.

"The request comes after Smith’s subordinate, Director of DOJ’s Election Crimes Branch, Richard Pilger, told Committee investigators in a transcribed interview that the Justice Department met with Lois Lerner in October 2010, two and a half years earlier than previously known, to discuss potential criminal enforcement relating to political speech of nonprofit groups in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith.”

"
The meeting occurred days before Lois Lerner spoke at a Duke University event about the immense political pressure on the IRS to “fix the problem” created by Citizens United before the 2010 midterm election."

"
The subpoena followed an April 23, 2014 letter from 17 Members of the Committee requesting materials concerning the Department’s involvement in efforts to scrutinize tax-exempt applicants after emails surfaced between Pilger and the Internal Revenue Service’s Lois Lerner where they discussed singling out and prosecuting tax-exempt applicants, at the urging of a Democratic Senator."

"
This meeting was arranged at the direction of Public Integrity Section Chief Jack Smith. We therefore respectfully request that you make Mr. Smith available for a transcribed interview."
" Mr. Pilger further testified that following the hearing, he contacted Ms. Lerner to follow up on Senator Whitehouse’s proposal that the Department prosecute nonprofits for false statements made on the groups’ application forms about whether they intended to engage in political speech.[11] Although Mr. Pilger stated that Mr. Smith directed him to contact Ms. Lerner,"

Types of Organizations Exempt under Section 501(c)(4)​

More In File​

Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(4) provides for the exemption of two very different types of organizations with their own distinct qualification requirements. They are:
  • Social welfare organizations: Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, and
  • Local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person(s) in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational or recreational purposes.
Homeowners associations and volunteer fire companies may be recognized as exempt as social welfare organizations if they meet the requirements for exemption. Organizations that engage in substantial lobbying activities sometimes also are classified as social welfare organizations.
Types of Organizations Exempt under Section 501(c)(4) | Internal Revenue Service

apparently them thar orgs were spewing political ideology under the guise of being social welfare orgs... more than likely they were targeted because that's what a lot of right wing 'community' leaders do.

Lerner had to step down and the IRS got sued for $150 million plus. (and lost)

Smith testified that his office “had a dialogue” with the FBI about opening investigations related to politically active non-profits following the meeting with Lerner, but did not ultimately do so, according to a copy of his interview obtained by CNN. Smith explained that he had asked for the meeting with the IRS because he wanted to learn more about the legal landscape of political non-profits following the Citizens United decision because he was relatively new to the public integrity section. He said that Lerner explained it would be difficult if not impossible to bring a case on the abuse of tax-exempt status.

Smith repeated at several points in the interview that the Justice Department did not pursue any investigations due to politics. “I want to be clear – it would be more about looking at the issue, looking at whether it made sense to open investigations,” he said. “If we did, you know, how would you go about doing this? Is there predication, a basis to open an investigation? Things like that. I can’t say as I sit here now specifically, you know, the back-and-forth of that discussion. I can just tell you that – because I know one of your concerns is that organizations were targeted. And I can tell you that we, Public Integrity, did not open any investigations as a result of those discussions and that we certainly, as you know, have not brought any cases as a result of that.”

Smith also testified that he was not aware of anyone at the Justice Department placing pressure on the IRS – and that he was never pressured to investigate any political groups. “No. And maybe I can stop you guys. I know there’s a series of these questions. I’ve never been asked these things, and anybody who knows me would never even consider asking me to do such a thing,” Smith said.
Did John “Jack” Smith Start the Lois Lerner-led IRS Targeting Scandal in 2010?

Republicans claimed the targeting of conservative groups showed political bias in the IRS under former Democratic President Barack Obama. House Republican investigators found no connection to the Obama administration, according to a 2014 report.

But the report did blame IRS officials for mistreating conservative organizations who sought tax-exempt status and that IRS officials covered up the misconduct and misled Congress.

The officials included former Commissioner Douglas Shulman, former acting Commissioner Steven Miller, and Lois Lerner, the former head of the unit overseeing applications for tax-exempt status.

Obama fired Miller after an internal 2013 IRS audit released found poor management - not partisan politics - led to an “inappropriate” focus on conservative groups.

No criminal charges were ever filed against IRS officials.
Justice Department settles with conservative groups over IRS scrutiny

Smith is a high-level corrupt shitbag.

7y8ujo.jpg

Fy14QzoXoAE9dFn.jpg

trump admitted on audio that he did not declassify the docs...and that he should not be showing them to unauthorized people. trump is cooked.
Again, he did not and yet there you go jimboliar.
Always talking about your hero Trumpy!

There is a 99.9% chance that trump will be a convicted felon before November 2024. He won't be able to vote for himself. Ha!
There is a 100% chance he won't and will be the next president thanks to your great campaigning jimboliar!

Forum List

Back