Voters Strongly Back Amending Constitution To Restrict Corporate Political Spending

:rofl:

If you can push it through the process you can amend the constitution to say anything you want. And guess what? That Amendment becomes part of the constitution. There are no limits. There are no restrictions. Which is why it's a damn good thing it's so hard to do.

The constitution in whole or part cannot, is not and can never be unconstitutional. How can it violate itself?

Congratulations on making the dumbest post I've ever seen, bar none. Holy shit! :rofl::rofl:

Yea good luck with all that. What you wingers are proposing is both ignorant and Unconstitutional. So obviously you wont be Amending shit. It's just your HuffPo winger wet dream. You don't get to silence a group of people by Amending the Constitution just because you don't like them. Seriously,lay off the HuffPo and MSLSD. SHEESH!

Who's proposed anything? A poll says the majority of Americans want it done. Which may mean a lot or a little depending on the poll's questions and methodology. Nothing has been proposed. Once again, you fail.

I'm going to spell this out for you very slowly and clearly, maybe you'll get it.

EVERY constitutional amendment is unconstitutional at the time it is proposed. Why? Because if it were already in the constitution, the constitution would not need to be amended to add it. Duh.

The wisdom of the proposed amendment, if one is actually proposed, will be debated and the measure will have to go through the steps of the amendment process to pass. And that process is very difficult for a reason.

Careful with that foam dripping from your fangs, you're letting your hate poison that last brain cell.

Polls suggest, they do not conclusively prove. Just sayin'.

Yea good luck with all that. What you wingers are proposing is both ignorant and Unconstitutional. So obviously you wont be Amending shit. It's just your HuffPo winger wet dream. You don't get to silence a group of people by Amending the Constitution just because you don't like them. Seriously,lay off the HuffPo and MSLSD. SHEESH!

Who's proposed anything? A poll says the majority of Americans want it done. Which may mean a lot or a little depending on the poll's questions and methodology. Nothing has been proposed. Once again, you fail.

I'm going to spell this out for you very slowly and clearly, maybe you'll get it.

EVERY constitutional amendment is unconstitutional at the time it is proposed. Why? Because if it were already in the constitution, the constitution would not need to be amended to add it. Duh.

The wisdom of the proposed amendment, if one is actually proposed, will be debated and the measure will have to go through the steps of the amendment process to pass. And that process is very difficult for a reason.

Careful with that foam dripping from your fangs, you're letting your hate poison that last brain cell.

Uh huh. Nice spin. You can't take away others' rights so you can supposedly have more. There are a lot of groups out there i would like to see banned from being part of the political process but i wont propose banning them by amending the Constitution. It's just a stupid concept dreamt up by hysterical HuffPo & MSLSD wingers. Your argument can't even stand up in court let alone Amend the Constitution. No one forces anyone in this country to vote for any candidate who receives Corporate money. This is just fact. So stop all the winger hysterics and lay off HuffPo. She's a friggin dunce for God's sake.

Sounds like you read the Huff n Puff a hell of a lot more than I do to have such in-depth knowledge of it. :rofl:

Seriously, just admit your premise was flawed and move on already. Admitting you were wrong about the nature of constitutional amendments and the amendment process isn't the end of the world, it doesn't even hurt. And then you'll be left alone. Crouching and spitting in a fantasyland of ignorance isn't doing you any good.

Uh huh. Nice spin. You can't take away others' rights so you can supposedly have more. There are a lot of groups out there i would like to see banned from being part of the political process but i wont propose banning them by amending the Constitution. It's just a stupid concept dreamt up by hysterical HuffPo & MSLSD wingers. Your argument can't even stand up in court let alone Amend the Constitution. No one forces anyone in this country to vote for any candidate who receives Corporate money. This is just fact. So stop all the winger hysterics and lay off HuffPo. She's a friggin dunce for God's sake.

Sounds like you read the Huff n Puff a hell of a lot more than I do to have such in-depth knowledge of it. :rofl:

Seriously, just admit your premise was flawed and move on already. Admitting you were wrong about the nature of constitutional amendments and the amendment process isn't the end of the world, it doesn't even hurt. And then you'll be left alone. Crouching and spitting in a fantasyland of ignorance isn't doing you any good.

Oh don't worry about me. Somehow i think i'll be just fine. You HuffPo wingers are actually pretty comical. Pretty entertaining stuff. You don't like a group or people so you start screeching about banning them by Amending the Constitution. There are lots of groups i would like to see banned from the political process but i'm not screeching about Amending the Constitution. Hey please do go on with your ignorance though. I enjoy a good laugh. :)

Last edited:

Oh don't worry about me. Somehow i think i'll be just fine. You HuffPo wingers are actually pretty comical. Pretty entertaining stuff. You don't like a group or people so you start screeching about banning them by Amending the Constitution. There are lots of groups i would like to see banned from the political process but i'm not screeching about Amending the Constitution. Hey please do go one with your ignorance though. I enjoy a good laugh. :)

Yeah, I'm a "Huff N Puff winger" who's screeching to amend the constitution to ban corporations. :rofl:

Tell your programmer to keep it up then, you are endlessly amusing. :thup:

Why should government be able to tell you how much advertising you can buy?
Because it serves to preserve democracy and impedes the growth of plutocracy and corporatocracy.

Wealth is power. Excessive wealth is excessive power. Because excessive wealth equates to nobility it must be controlled by any means necessary and a Constitutional amendment is preferable to violent revolution.

A corporation is not a UScitizen or an individual and should not be treated as one only when it benefits the corporation.

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the Bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe.. corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed."
Abraham Lincoln

Then they need to stop public unions from campaign spending, too. The unions force people to join, then give tons of money to liberal politicians. I don't think any organization that survives on tax payer money should be able to funnel that money back into any party.

"Voters Strongly Back Amending Constitution To Restrict Corporate Political Spending"..... TRANSLATION: Restrict Corporate Spending "WHEN, and IF" the Candidate YOU SUPPORT LOSES AN ELECTION. Got it.
The bi-partisan proposal was prompted by the so-called Citizens United ruling the effect of which imparts excessive political advantage to those who can afford to patronize legislators. So your assessment is based on presumptive bias with no substantive evidence to support it.

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the Bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe.. corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed."
Abraham Lincoln
Thank you for posting this Lincoln comment. I've added it to my collection of quotations.

Forum List

Back