GOP spending hypocrisy

Didn’t Dems bring a border bill to the floor years ago that the GOP sat on?

Dont pretend like this latest game was something that had to be done. It’s hypocrisy and political gamesmanship
Dont act like democrats have been fighting to close the border. You reveal how fucking stupid you are when you do that.

Dont act like democrats have been fighting to close the border. You reveal how fucking stupid you are when you do that.
I’m not acting like anything. I’m talking about real and specific things that have happened. Do you dispute anything that I’ve said? If so, what?

And Mexico was going to pay for the wall, which never happened and was illegal in the first fucking place.
Remind me, why didnt the wall get built? Wasnt it because dems fought tooth and nail to stop it? Doesnt that make Trump the good guy and dems the bad guys who royally fucked over our nation?

Has anybody else noticed the blatant hypocrisy of the so called “conservatives” CINOs in the house going back to the removal of Speaker McCarthy? One of the pillars of their complaints was about omnibus spending bills and how they wanted to go back to single issue spending votes. Now fast forward to one of the first initiatives by the new speaker and house.

Instead of doing a single issue vote on funding for Ukraine and for Israel they are handcuffing border security. All for political posturing and in complete disregard to the movement that booted McCathy. Why isn’t Matt Gaetz screaming from the mountaintops?!

Bunch of clowns

You’re 100% right. They should all be individual bills. I’m eager to see the dems be on record for voting down border security.

This is why single issue bills are so very important, it will show exactly who supports what, and no excuse of “the poison pill” being the reason they voted a bill down.

Why should the Democrats have an issue with having money for Ukraine and Israel include money for border security? Unless of course they don't really care about or want border security.

You’re 100% right. They should all be individual bills. I’m eager to see the dems be on record for voting down border security.

This is why single issue bills are so very important, it will show exactly who supports what, and no excuse of “the poison pill” being the reason they voted a bill down.
Agreed. Gaetz and the CINOs pretended to make a stink out of this and now they are packing the first big bill they are facing. It’s pathetic

Agreed. Gaetz and the CINOs pretended to make a stink out of this and now they are packing the first big bill they are facing. It’s pathetic

Yep, no argument here. I’ve always been a supporter of single issue.

However…

I understand WHY they are going back on it, though i don’t like it, but I understand why. And that is, unfortunately, in order to get some things passed, they have to be clumped together. Not doing so would give the dems a HUGE advantage in getting things passed, because you know they won’t stick to single issue bills, when back in power, they will go right back to the 5000 page monstrosities that we have seen in the past

Single issue is the right thing to do, but that means dems could thwart any bill they don’t like, while when they are in power, they will clump everything together and then “negotiate” to get what they want.

The only way single issue would work is if both sides agreed and they actually changed the rules to enforce it.

Forum List

Back