Voter ID law blocked in Wisconsin

The solution to the voter ID problem is to require an ID card that's issued for free, like a Social Security Card.

Of course it would be a whole lot more effective if the ID card itself were more secure than a flimsy piece of paper with a name and number.

Eh, :dunno: ya get what ya pay for.

Do you mean like this?
Georgia law provides for the issuance of a free identification card to citizens eighteen (18) and over who are registered voters. In order to be eligible for a free identification card, the voter must have no acceptable proof of identity to use when voting. These free identification cards are issued at all Customer Service Centers and are valid for ten (10) years.

Georgia Identification Card for Voting Purposes

I am reasonably sure most other states that have picture ID requirements have this same provision. If the Wisconsin law does not have this requirement, they should amend it, but I will bet it already has it.

Not in FL - it's $48 to get a license and $25 for an ID card.
DHSMV: Motorist Services Fees
I paid $60.00 the last time I renewed my license.
Justice Stephen Breyer also filed a dissenting opinion arguing that Indiana's law was unconstitutional. While he spoke approvingly of some voter ID laws, he found that Indiana's procedures for acquiring an ID were too burdensome and costly for some low income or elderly voters.
The legislation's partisan motivations and implications fueled much of the controversy. While the majority conceded that Republican Party's partisan interest in reducing low-income voter turnout likely motivated the law's passage, it found that the law's valid neutral justifications "should not be disregarded simply because partisan interests may have provided one motivation for the votes of individual legislators."
[edit]See also

And you're absolutely correct about Wisconsin... check it:
The Informative Link Below said:
FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting

ID cards used for voting are FREE. If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and require a Wisconsin ID card to vote, please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 PDF (405 KB) - Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) Application or when applying online. Otherwise, please pay the required fee. DMV service centers accept cash or checks only.

A free ID card is NOT available under the following circumstances:

If you currently have a valid, unexpired driver license (DL), you are not eligible under Wisconsin law to obtain an ID.
If you will not be at least 18 years of age on the date of the next election.
If you are not eligible to vote in Wisconsin.

Obtaining an ID card - Wisconsin Department of Transportation
WHAT! They refuse to allow ineligible voters to get free voter ID'S? HOW DARE THEY!:eusa_whistle: I'm complaining to the Democrats right now!

Twenty-eight states require voters to show some form of ID to vote, eight of which require the
more restrictive photo ID, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. For
study purposes, the committee selected Florida and Indiana, two states that have had photo
ID requirements for at least three general elections.
I addressed the provisional ballot I cast after questioning in 2002; I was told to CALL & inquire as to the status. MORE RESTRICTIVE is my objection; restrictions upon rights fundamental in this nation. VOTING is this primary difference between the US and our "enemies" REMEMBER?

And you're absolutely correct about Wisconsin... check it:
The Informative Link Below said:
FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting

ID cards used for voting are FREE. If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and require a Wisconsin ID card to vote, please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 PDF (405 KB) - Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) Application or when applying online. Otherwise, please pay the required fee. DMV service centers accept cash or checks only.

A free ID card is NOT available under the following circumstances:

If you currently have a valid, unexpired driver license (DL), you are not eligible under Wisconsin law to obtain an ID.
If you will not be at least 18 years of age on the date of the next election.
If you are not eligible to vote in Wisconsin.

Obtaining an ID card - Wisconsin Department of Transportation
WHAT! They refuse to allow ineligible voters to get free voter ID'S? HOW DARE THEY!:eusa_whistle: I'm complaining to the Democrats right now!
Now Conservative, your support of the RIGHT TO VOTE appears to exist only in print, perhaps in speech. EXCLUDING the poor & elderly will HELP Republicans win elections.

I love threads by this guy.......ALWAYS spiking the football when his team is behind 64-0!!!:D:D

There are many hopelessly duped on this forum.........but this guy..........this guy has the political IQ of a small soap dish.:coffee:

ALWAYS spiking the football when his team is behind 64-0!!!
TEAM? The right to vote to VOTE is "us vs. THEM"? Souter was correct, thank you!

the right just keeps pretending the facts are not clear on this one.

why do you people insist on igonoring facts to back your partisan attempts to keep Americans from voting?

There is NOTHING wrong with requiring ID to vote, provided the ID can be obtained at no charge.

Do you mean like this?

Georgia Identification Card for Voting Purposes

I am reasonably sure most other states that have picture ID requirements have this same provision. If the Wisconsin law does not have this requirement, they should amend it, but I will bet it already has it.

Not in FL - it's $48 to get a license and $25 for an ID card.
DHSMV: Motorist Services Fees

Read this and tell me your problem with it.
Florida is a “pre-clearance” state, which means that it has a past record of voter discrimination, and must have any election law changes pre-cleared by the U.S. Department of Justice before they are implemented. In response to a question as to whether the issue of
ISACA Voter ID Report 020211 final.doc Page 13 of 14 ISACA Voter ID Report 020211 final.doc Page 14 of 14
Florida not providing free photo IDs to voters was a burden to and created disenfranchisement of voters, Florida Election Director Don Palmer said that it was not a factor. This is because the foundation of Florida’s ID requirements is not the photo ID, but the voter’s signature. Even when the voter is unable to show a photo ID and casts a provisional ballot, the provisional ballot will be counted after verification of the voter’s signature, without further photo ID requirements.
http://www.iowaauditors.org/index_files/ISACAVoterIDReport020211final.pdf

I don't have a problem with it. Like I have maintained throughout this thread... there is NOTHING wrong with voter ID requirements as long as those requirements are free of charge to obtain.

And for myself personally? I have and maintain a US Passport because only naturalized citizens and Passport Holders can PROVE their citizenship. Birth certificates are pretty worthless. Bring on any ID requirements that can pass legislation and court approval. I'm ready.

I love threads by this guy.......ALWAYS spiking the football when his team is behind 64-0!!!:D:D

There are many hopelessly duped on this forum.........but this guy..........this guy has the political IQ of a small soap dish.:coffee:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, and being so unable to comment on the issues that personal insults must be employed is the way to be politically astute.

:lmao:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and being so unable to comment on the issues that personal insults must be employed is the way to be politically astute.

:lmao:

What can I say? Perhpas if one has the backbone of a hershey bar, they shouldnt be posting in here. Liberals would rather throw themselves off a 500 foot cliff than offend anybody.

gay

why do you people insist on igonoring facts to back your partisan attempts to keep Americans from voting?

There is nothing partisan about wanting all AMERICANS to vote. emphasis mine.

Showing ID is not illegal it just keeps voter fraud down in Democrat controlled cities

If they are smart it does, you always should hedge against the liberal propaganda machine.
The Indiana suit was openly partisan; REPUBLICANS wanted, and want, strict ID laws.

By strict, do you mean it has to have your picture on it?

From the United States Constitution

Section 4 - Elections, Meetings

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.

If they are smart it does, you always should hedge against the liberal propaganda machine.
The Indiana suit was openly partisan; REPUBLICANS wanted, and want, strict ID laws.

From the United States Constitution

Section 4 - Elections, Meetings

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.
Souter addresses that in the dissent; photo ID can be a burden on the poor, and elderly. In Florida, some counties require the address ON the ID match the address ion the voter rolls.

My beliefs also.

Forum List

Back