Voter ID law blocked in Wisconsin

Souter was correct, thank you!

Based on what evidence? In South Carolina you can get a state ID for free and they'll even provide transportation for you to get the ID if you don't drive. Tell me where the burden is.

Souter was correct, thank you!

Based on what evidence? In South Carolina you can get a state ID for free and they'll even provide transportation for you to get the ID if you don't drive. Tell me where the burden is.
I'm just pointing out the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT:
Any alleged infringement of the right of citizens to vote must be carefully and meticulously scrutinized.

Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections
NOTE ANY.

Republicans are desperate to keep black people from voting.

I think in the end this will backfire on them.

Yeah, God forbid they require that you prove you are who you say you are before you can vote. The lefts motives on this issue are so obvious it's laughable.
hmmmm does this mean that they can limit the right to own a gun? if they limit one right, they can limit all rights

There is a need for Voter ID about as much as there is a need for you to spin like a top to vote.

No proponent of Voter ID has ever started out by stating a case of voter fraud which could only have been solved with voter ID and not fixed by proper maintenance of voter registration. And that is a dead giveaway there is no need for it.

Instead, we are offered imaginary scenarios, and if we don't buy into these pipe dreams we must have some kind of ulterior motive. Asking for evidence of a need for Voter ID is just using too much brainpower for your own good.

Two and a quarter centuries of voting without a single instance of voter fraud which could only have been prevented by an ID, and yet someone gets some night sweats over an illusion and we are all supposed to fall in line and go along with it? What kind of idiocy is that kind of thinking?

You actually want MORE government regulations for voting? And that is a conservative position? Really?

If dead people are voting, it is because they are still on the voter registration rolls. So it should be blazingly obvious the problem is improperly maintained voter registration rolls. But it appears this simple concept is just too much to figure out for some people.

Makes me wonder if they have ever actually registered to vote.

But, as we all know, no one EVER steals another person's identity! No sir! Never happens! So Voter ID will fix EVERYTHING.

Even imaginary fears.

Last edited:
Judicial activism rather than the rule of law in Wisconsin. After seeing union school teachers calling in sick to riot it's no surprise. Maybe there is a tribe of ice fishermen who have no ID and are desperate to vote.

Judicial activism rather than the rule of law in Wisconsin. After seeing union school teachers calling in sick to riot it's no surprise. Maybe there is a tribe of ice fishermen who have no ID and are desperate to vote.

So it is judicial activism to void a law that violates the Constitution, eh?

You sure you want to go with that?

the right just keeps pretending the facts are not clear on this one.

why do you people insist on igonoring facts to back your partisan attempts to keep Americans from voting?

Which facts are those?
The ones where evidence of voter fraud in the form of dead people's names being used to register previously undocumented individuals?
The ones where people provided false information to poll workers then were permitted to vote?
Of people who were not registered to vote were permitted to fill out "provisional ballots" only to have their votes count in the election?
ID laws do not prevent anyone from voting. These laws offer some semblance of integrity to the process.
Why this is difficult to understand is a mystery.

Chris do you realize a big chunk of the states have voter ID laws and have for years?

So? This is not evidence there is a need for it, nor is it evidence it has prevented any fraud. It is a useless appendage to voting.

No one can provide an actual case of voter fraud that could only be solved by Voter ID and not by proper maintenance of voter registration. Not in over two centuries of voting.

This is how we know it is an imaginary problem. So big whup. You got a law passed that wasn't needed.

Isn't the first time. Won't be the last.

Yeah, g, I want to go with that. Only the Supreme Court gets to determine what laws violate the Constitution. Other than that it's judicial activism.

Yeah, God forbid they require that you prove you are who you say you are before you can vote. The lefts motives on this issue are so obvious it's laughable.
hmmmm does this mean that they can limit the right to own a gun? if they limit one right, they can limit all rights

No rights are being limited. In just about every aspect of life one is required to identify one's self.
The issue here is, something as important as the right to vote and the ramifications of a fair and open election, a requirement that one must self identify to cast a ballot is but a simple one. Voter ID preserves the integrity of the election process.

Yeah, g, I want to go with that. Only the Supreme Court gets to determine what laws violate the Constitution. Other than that it's judicial activism.

It is the job of every state supreme and appellate court to decide if a law violates the Constitution.

And this particular court ruled the law violated the state constitution.

I think people call something "judicial activism" when a court decides against their personal preference instead of its constitutionality.

Hollywood makes fun of "cheese heads" but they are great people. It is incomprehensible that there is a hidden tribe of Wisconsinites who are unable to engage in anything pertaining to the modern world because they don't have a photo I.D. but they are desperate to vote for democrats.

Hollywood makes fun of "cheese heads" but they are great people. It is incomprehensible that there is a hidden tribe of Wisconsinites who are unable to engage in anything pertaining to the modern world because they don't have a photo I.D. but they are desperate to vote for democrats.

I am simply amazed a person who calls themselves a Republican would want more unnecessary laws.

No one has provided a shred of evidence such a law is needed, and yet they want a Voter ID law anyway.

This is conservatism?

This kind of thinking is going to bite you Voter ID-heads in the ass bigtime one day.

Someone is going to imagine some new scenario and demand a law be implemented to prevent the imaginary scenario, and you will not have a single defense against why it should not be enacted.

You will be jumping up and down screaming it is not needed, not even realizing your own hypocrisy is making a fool of yourself.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Don't see the big deal, either way. Not hard to get an ID, though I'm no fan of extra regulations. I do doubt that there is any sort of massive fraud... this "load up the buses" stuff is a paranoid tale. That sort of thing is far too difficult to pull off with as many people involved as it would take. Forget a poll worker getting caught, someone would have infiltrated one of these massive voter fraud rings and blown the lid before now.

The problem is the voter roles. My father noticed my name still on the roles in my previous home state, 2 hours away. If I wanted to vote twice, I can. Anyone can if it means that much to you. Fact is, it's just too much of a hassle for just about everyone to bother, heck, you can hardly get most folks to vote once, much less twice. It's easier to just be a good candidate and get elected.

I am simply amazed a person who calls themselves a Republican would want more unnecessary laws.

No one has provided a shred of evidence such a law is needed, and yet they want a Voter ID law anyway.

This is conservatism?

Nor can anyone provide a shred of evidence as to ‘voter fraud’ with regard to identification, it doesn’t exist:

A recent study by the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice found just seven cases of voter fraud out of three million votes cast in Wisconsin during the 2004 election, a fraud rate of 0.0002 percent. All seven of these cases involved persons with felony convictions who weren’t eligible to vote after being released from prison.

Despite A 0.0002 Percent Rate Of Voter Fraud, Reince Priebus Claims Wisconsin Is 'Riddled With Voter Fraud' | ThinkProgress

Some of the desperate Republican attempts to keep college students from voting are almost comical in their transparent partisanship. No college ID card in Wisconsin meets the state’s new stringent requirements (as lawmakers knew full well), so the elections board proposed that colleges add stickers to the cards with expiration dates and signatures. Republican lawmakers protested that the stickers would lead to — yes, voter fraud.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/opinion/the-myth-of-voter-fraud.html?_r=1

We also see rightists opposed to a state court making decisions as to its election laws (‘states’ rights’).

This is conservatism?

Forum List

Back