Voter Burnout: Will It Be Obama's Downfall?

4613124489_obama_angry1_xlarge.jpeg

One thing every poll seems to be ignoring; People on both sides are fed up with politics.

Since Obama took office we've seen his ugly mug on the TV almost daily. I think Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike are simple fed up with listening to him. He is not generating any excitement at all. The only thing Democrats are running on is fear. Fear of what Romney will take away from them. Little do they realize that as long as we keep spending it doesn't matter who wins. All of the free stuff is history come next year.

I want get this country rolling again. We've been stuck in neutral for over a year now. Sorry, but I don't think I can afford to wait 20 years for things to get better. We need dramatic results starting next year or we are all in a world of hurt.

BTW, what makes everyone assume that all of those Democrat votes are going to Obama. The Democrats I know around here that support him are blacks gays and a few isolated women. I don't think people that were fooled last time are stupid enough to be fooled again. Everyone knows who Obama is now. He's a vengeful little man who feels voting is revenge. Revenge for what? Revenge for one person doing well and another person not so well? Revenge against whites? Revenge against his critics? That revenge comment essentially put the icing on the cake. Envy, hatred, revenge. That's so different from the message he won on 4 years ago.

I don't think enough voters want revenge as much as Obama does. At least I hope not. This country can't have sunk so low so fast to be like Obama. I don't believe it.
that could be true. if he turnout low on tuesday he in deep deep trouble

Why, he's winning 2 to 1 in early voting.
true he is but won,t matter if he loses turnout on the day by a big margin. david plouffe said on abc news that turnout on day is vital and could decide it.

so dems need the turnout big time

Ron Paul was the man for that, but Romney is our best hope now.

No one in the GOP primaries wanted Romney, yet they voted for him. Why? Easy to answer...

When a faction (which the GOP base has become) of a party is used to living in an echo chamber and bubble where up is down, and white is black, and where thoughts bubble up from talking pionts sent out in emails, on web sites, and talk radio as well as a major Cable television network .. come from group think .. it's easy to see how a group of Super Wealthy people with Super PACs could get the rabid right wing GOP base to go with the least conservative, the biggest liar...

All the GOP base has to do is turn off the Noise Machine. but they won't, because it keeps them all connected
gop don.t love him. but they hate obama enough to get him elected.

dems got to get their base out on tuesday. they must . I keep hearing how gop will destory dems with getting base out on tuesday. well dems need match that stride for stride on tuesday. too much is at stake not to

The mainstreamers are focusing on an early poll on approvals for hurricane Sandy. 68-13.

That poll is 10 days old.

Karl Rove said this morning that things are looking better for the GOP than 2010.

Oops!!!!

One thing every poll seems to be ignoring; People on both sides are fed up with politics.

Since Obama took office we've seen his ugly mug on the TV almost daily. I think Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike are simple fed up with listening to him. He is not generating any excitement at all. The only thing Democrats are running on is fear. Fear of what Romney will take away from them. Little do they realize that as long as we keep spending it doesn't matter who wins. All of the free stuff is history come next year.

I want get this country rolling again. We've been stuck in neutral for over a year now. Sorry, but I don't think I can afford to wait 20 years for things to get better. We need dramatic results starting next year or we are all in a world of hurt.

BTW, what makes everyone assume that all of those Democrat votes are going to Obama. The Democrats I know around here that support him are blacks gays and a few isolated women. I don't think people that were fooled last time are stupid enough to be fooled again. Everyone knows who Obama is now. He's a vengeful little man who feels voting is revenge. Revenge for what? Revenge for one person doing well and another person not so well? Revenge against whites? Revenge against his critics? That revenge comment essentially put the icing on the cake. Envy, hatred, revenge. That's so different from the message he won on 4 years ago.

I don't think enough voters want revenge as much as Obama does. At least I hope not. This country can't have sunk so low so fast to be like Obama. I don't believe it.
that could be true. if he turnout low on tuesday he in deep deep trouble

He's not. They don't know how the votes went only what party affilliation they are an 2-1 isn't accurate. A Democrat voter is not automatically an Obama vote unless you're black. Then it's 98%.

No one in the GOP primaries wanted Romney, yet they voted for him. Why? Easy to answer...

When a faction (which the GOP base has become) of a party is used to living in an echo chamber and bubble where up is down, and white is black, and where thoughts bubble up from talking pionts sent out in emails, on web sites, and talk radio as well as a major Cable television network .. come from group think .. it's easy to see how a group of Super Wealthy people with Super PACs could get the rabid right wing GOP base to go with the least conservative, the biggest liar...

All the GOP base has to do is turn off the Noise Machine. but they won't, because it keeps them all connected
gop don.t love him. but they hate obama enough to get him elected.

dems got to get their base out on tuesday. they must . I keep hearing how gop will destory dems with getting base out on tuesday. well dems need match that stride for stride on tuesday. too much is at stake not to

The mainstreamers are focusing on an early poll on approvals for hurricane Sandy. 68-13.

That poll is 10 days old.

Karl Rove said this morning that things are looking better for the GOP than 2010.

Oops!!!!

Karl Rove ?

Rove’s reputation as a “brilliant” political prognosticator belies his track record of grossly getting it wrong on his major predictions:

1) In 2006, roughly a week before the midterm election, Rove predicted “a Republican Senate and Republican House” by claiming sole access to “THE math.” [NPR, 10/24/06]

2) In November of 2000, Rove claimed the “election will not be close.” Rove predicted Bush will “win enough states to get about 50 more Electoral College votes than he needs to win. Rove also predicted Bush will get about 50 percent of the popular vote, with Gore at about 45 percent.” [Houston Chronicle, 11/6/00]

3) During the 2000 primary campaign, Rove declared: “We’re going to win New Hampshire,” referring to the Republican primary. [USA Today 1/25/00]

Karl Rove's Record Of Failed Predictions | ThinkProgress

:thewave:

Speaking for myself I can only say that since Obama took office I have felt this country has had a truly ominous pall over it. Stats and facts explain why.

We could have had more jobs by now, but Obama stood in the way.

You want to avoid a double-dip recession? Better get Romney in there or those mandatory expenditure cuts are as good as done.

Maybe in your mind. Reality shows Democrats 29%; Republicans 23% and the rest are independents. Independents are not being fooled by Obama a second time. Be afraid, very afraid.

The Republican "reasons why the polls can't be right" keep getting more amusing.

If all you can do is shout the polls must be wrong, you're going to lose. The polls were right in the Walker recall. In 2010. In 2008. In 2006. In 2004. And so on.

The Republican "reasons why the polls can't be right" keep getting more amusing.

If all you can do is shout the polls must be wrong, you're going to lose. The polls were right in the Walker recall. In 2010. In 2008. In 2006. In 2004. And so on.

Your wrong with 2010 and 2004 at least. Please continue to believe though, over confidence is very helpful. The most accurate polls show it is a virtual tie.

Your wrong with 2010 and 2004 at least.

Nope. The 2010 elections called the Republican landslide very accurately. The 2004 polls called the Bush win over Kerry very accurately.

And in both those cases, many delusional Democrats went scrounging for reasons to claim those polls had to be biased and incorrect.

The shoe is on the other foot now. The polls show a comfortable Obama lead, Obama will most likely win, and people claiming the polls have to be wrong will end up looking silly.

Obama won it the moment Mitt won the GOP nomination.

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4770-obama-feet-on-desk.jpg

He's cruising.

You'll see tomorrow.

O's in a downward spiral at this point. Horrid economy, massive debt, high unemployment along with numerous scandals has this admin looking at a very possible small landslide loss.

Along the lines of the OP thread headline, the funniest snippet I have seen so far today in Drudge is this "story:" CNN: TIED [WITH D+11]...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go ahead. Raise your hand if you believe that will accurately reflect the numbers of Dim vs. GOP voters going to the real polls. :lol::lol:

The poll, released earlier tonight, shows a 49-49 tie among likely voters. But to get that result CNN had to use one of the most skewed samples we’ve seen this campaign (see page 29):

Among those likely voters, 41% described themselves as Democrats, 29% described themselves as Independents, and 30% described themselves as Republicans.

A D+11 sample! By comparison, the electorate in 2008, when Obama-mania was at its peak, was merely D+7, according to exit polls.
-- CNN poll reaches new heights of absurdity | Twitchy
i don,t blame you for being confident on that poll. would worry me if i was obama. do you think your guy won the whole election

I believe the election returns will stun the liberal Democratics and assorted Obama Fluffers. I FULLY expect Gov. Romney to win the election. I further anticipate an EV of over 300.

Since Obama took office we've seen his ugly mug on the TV almost daily.

:lol:

now there's a lie that is easy to disprove. the President was being criticized only a few months ago for not being open and holding few press conferences.

:lol:

:cuckoo:
you make good point. bit odd to have at him being all over the place and then say he does not do enough media press conferences

It's NOT a good point at all. Dainty lies and cannot make good, intelligent or valid points.

The Fail in Chief can avoid the press yet still "appear" for daily photo ops.

Forum List

Back