US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

BenneC20140606_low.jpg

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it sounds like Bergdahl had some deep mental/depression issues.

Bergdahl?s writings reveal a fragile young man - The Washington Post

More shame on those trash talking him and his family.

...not to mention the death threats...
None of you give a rat's ass about any of the Bergdahl's. You're covering Obama's sorry ass and you know it.

Actually, the opposite is true. None of YOU give a rat's ass about the Bergdahl's. The Sgt is just the latest American you're willing to exploit in an effort to assail Obama. First there was your willingness to exploit the deaths of Americans in Libya. Now you're willing to engage in a public lynching of Sgt Bergdahl who's just barely been released from 5 years as a solitary captive of the Taliban.

Tell me, have you ever seen Sgt Bergdahl make a propaganda video for the Taliban? No. But you guys are ready to pounce on him and publicly eviscerate him without ever hearing his story because you place more value in the Taliban's word than you feel loyalty to an American POW for one reason and one reason only. It's because you can use it against Obama.

As for me, I figure Obama can take care of himself when it comes to a bunch of anti-American conservatives who aren't even willing to give Bergdahl the benefit of any doubt. But Bergdahl, as an American who put on the uniform and headed into a war zone, needs and deserves some defenders, and he obviously can't depend on people like you.

Really, libbies, you need to reserve judgement until Your New Messiah tells what to think and that won't be along until the polls have been analyzed. I'd guess that'll be by noon Sunday but indecision does plague Him so you may have to stay hung out to dry a little longer.

...not to mention the death threats...
None of you give a rat's ass about any of the Bergdahl's. You're covering Obama's sorry ass and you know it.

Actually, the opposite is true. None of YOU give a rat's ass about the Bergdahl's. The Sgt is just the latest American you're willing to exploit in an effort to assail Obama
Maybe Obama should stop clusterfucking every 5 minutes and then maybe the Obama-bashing would stop.

First there was your willingness to exploit the deaths of Americans in Libya.
Wanting answers as to what happened & who knew what and when is not "exploiting".

Now you're willing to engage in a public lynching of Sgt Bergdahl who's just barely been released from 5 years as a solitary captive of the Taliban.

Maybe the dumb shit shouldn't have deserted his post. Then he wouldn't have been captured, which in turn would've resulted in no public lynchings.

Thus far the only thing that is known as fact is that PFC Bergdahl walked off his base during the night.
We know this because the US Army said so.

We know that 5 top level Taliban people were given up to release him after about 5 years. Seems as though most Americans are seeing that as a bad trade off.

We know that all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading.

So the questions are pretty basic,
Why did he walk off his base unarmed?

Why did the Taliban decide to keep him alive?

And what made him worth 5 top prisoners 2 of which may be wanted for mass murder and/or crimes against humanity?

Yes my sign is still in the front window of my house...........

Nice. It seems that the military took a mentally ill guy into their ranks.

Before he became a Taliban prisoner, before he wrote in his journal “I am the lone wolf of deadly nothingness,” before he joined the Army, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was discharged from the Coast Guard for psychological reasons, said close friends who were worried about his emotional health at the time.

The 2006 discharge and a trove of Bergdahl’s writing — his handwritten journal along with essays, stories and e-mails provided to The Washington Post — paint a portrait of a deeply complicated and fragile young man who was by his own account struggling to maintain his mental stability from the start of basic training until the moment he walked off his post in eastern Afghanistan in 2009.

“I’m worried,” he wrote in one journal entry before he deployed. “The closer I get to ship day, the calmer the voices are. I’m reverting. I’m getting colder. My feelings are being flushed with the frozen logic and the training, all the unfeeling cold judgment of the darkness.”

Harrison and others close to Bergdahl said his writing and the events surrounding the Coast Guard discharge raise questions about his mental fitness for military service and how he was accepted into the Army in 2008. Typically, a discharge for psychological reasons would disqualify a potential recruit.

Amazing.

Really, libbies, you need to reserve judgement until Your New Messiah tells what to think and that won't be along until the polls have been analyzed. I'd guess that'll be by noon Sunday but indecision does plague Him so you may have to stay hung out to dry a little longer.
giphy.gif

Nice. It seems that the military took a mentally ill guy into their ranks.

Before he became a Taliban prisoner, before he wrote in his journal “I am the lone wolf of deadly nothingness,” before he joined the Army, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was discharged from the Coast Guard for psychological reasons, said close friends who were worried about his emotional health at the time.

The 2006 discharge and a trove of Bergdahl’s writing — his handwritten journal along with essays, stories and e-mails provided to The Washington Post — paint a portrait of a deeply complicated and fragile young man who was by his own account struggling to maintain his mental stability from the start of basic training until the moment he walked off his post in eastern Afghanistan in 2009.

“I’m worried,” he wrote in one journal entry before he deployed. “The closer I get to ship day, the calmer the voices are. I’m reverting. I’m getting colder. My feelings are being flushed with the frozen logic and the training, all the unfeeling cold judgment of the darkness.”

Harrison and others close to Bergdahl said his writing and the events surrounding the Coast Guard discharge raise questions about his mental fitness for military service and how he was accepted into the Army in 2008. Typically, a discharge for psychological reasons would disqualify a potential recruit.

Amazing.
Well, kiss my nose if that ain't the very same voices I was hearing when I was a young troop. I figured the Army implanted something into my head but I didn't think to write it down. Shit!

Fact is that even if he is found to be a deserter he'll get nothing more than his promotions rescinded and maybe a bad conduct discharge.
I don't know, Ollie. This guy might turn out to be another G.I. Joe or the son of Sgt Rock. On a secret mission from Sp4 Hagel.

Thus far the only thing that is known as fact is that PFC Bergdahl walked off his base during the night.
We know this because the US Army said so.

We know that 5 top level Taliban people were given up to release him after about 5 years. Seems as though most Americans are seeing that as a bad trade off.

We know that all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading.

So the questions are pretty basic,
Why did he walk off his base unarmed?

Why did the Taliban decide to keep him alive?

And what made him worth 5 top prisoners 2 of which may be wanted for mass murder and/or crimes against humanity?

Yes my sign is still in the front window of my house...........
Can you list the prisoners of the Taliban that were beheaded?

Forum List

Back