US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

Thus far the only thing that is known as fact is that PFC Bergdahl walked off his base during the night.
We know this because the US Army said so.

We know that 5 top level Taliban people were given up to release him after about 5 years. Seems as though most Americans are seeing that as a bad trade off.

We know that all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading.

So the questions are pretty basic,
Why did he walk off his base unarmed?

Why did the Taliban decide to keep him alive?

And what made him worth 5 top prisoners 2 of which may be wanted for mass murder and/or crimes against humanity?

Yes my sign is still in the front window of my house...........
Can you list the prisoners of the Taliban that were beheaded?

No I can't, did you know Bowe Bergdahls name before his release hit the news?

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it sounds like Bergdahl had some deep mental/depression issues.

Bergdahl?s writings reveal a fragile young man - The Washington Post

More shame on those trash talking him and his family.

...not to mention the death threats...
He couldn't make it through Coast Guard basic training, so he obviously had problems, yet he was later accepted into a different service.
The fact that he sent home an Ayn Rand novel, among his possessions, suggests he wan't a Liberal.

None of you give a rat's ass about any of the Bergdahl's. You're covering Obama's sorry ass and you know it.

Actually, the opposite is true. None of YOU give a rat's ass about the Bergdahl's. The Sgt is just the latest American you're willing to exploit in an effort to assail Obama. First there was your willingness to exploit the deaths of Americans in Libya. Now you're willing to engage in a public lynching of Sgt Bergdahl who's just barely been released from 5 years as a solitary captive of the Taliban.

Tell me, have you ever seen Sgt Bergdahl make a propaganda video for the Taliban? No. But you guys are ready to pounce on him and publicly eviscerate him without ever hearing his story because you place more value in the Taliban's word than you feel loyalty to an American POW for one reason and one reason only. It's because you can use it against Obama.

As for me, I figure Obama can take care of himself when it comes to a bunch of anti-American conservatives who aren't even willing to give Bergdahl the benefit of any doubt. But Bergdahl, as an American who put on the uniform and headed into a war zone, needs and deserves some defenders, and he obviously can't depend on people like you.
Thanks, but you're confirmation was not necessary given the transparency of your actions.

No one objects to getting Bergdahl back, but trading 5 top Taliban brass of a PFC deserter who caused the death of his comrades while looking for him was a damned fool thing to do. Announcing it in a Rose Garden ceremony while Obama was seeking to ingratiate himself with veterans after the VA clusterfuck was an epic miscalculation. and finally, sending Rice out to announce to the world that a deserter served honorably and with distinction clearly shows an administration beset by incompetence of epic proportions.

I know, they hate Bergdahl because Obama is black.(sigh) It's a proxy thing.

Fact is that even if he is found to be a deserter he'll get nothing more than his promotions rescinded and maybe a bad conduct discharge.

The Regime has TOO MUCH INVESTED in this muslim terrorist defector, he'll NEVER be found guilty, just as the 200 OFFICERS have been fired for various BULLSHIT by the Cocksucker In Chief, because they refused to AID THE FUCKING ENEMY in the White House... You can bet money that the pricky kid will get a Silver Star, Purple Heart, and another promotion, put somewhere within the service out of sight and out of mind until the subversives have been swept out of power!

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it sounds like Bergdahl had some deep mental/depression issues.

Bergdahl?s writings reveal a fragile young man - The Washington Post

More shame on those trash talking him and his family.

He couldn't make it through Coast Guard basic training, so he obviously had problems, yet he was later accepted into a different service.
The fact that he sent home an Ayn Rand novel, among his possessions, suggests he wan't a Liberal.

Cannon fodder. Bergdahl was cannon fodder and the fodder walked off when he figured it out. He accepted the fodder business, he had problems with the collateral damage he was expected to contribute to. Army should have known this before they sent him into combat.

Thus far the only thing that is known as fact is that PFC Bergdahl walked off his base during the night.
We know this because the US Army said so.

We know that 5 top level Taliban people were given up to release him after about 5 years. Seems as though most Americans are seeing that as a bad trade off.

We know that all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading.

So the questions are pretty basic,
Why did he walk off his base unarmed?

Why did the Taliban decide to keep him alive?

And what made him worth 5 top prisoners 2 of which may be wanted for mass murder and/or crimes against humanity?

Yes my sign is still in the front window of my house...........

No, I didn't. I'm curious to know though why you claim the taliban has a history of beheading people. I realize they are shits, but I'm unfamiliar with that aspect of their behavior.

So I think a list of "all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading" should be forthcoming from you. Especially since you claim it somehow means Bergdahl is a traitor because he wasn't executed.

No, I didn't. I'm curious to know though why you claim the taliban has a history of beheading people. I realize they are shits, but I'm unfamiliar with that aspect of their behavior.

So I think a list of "all other prisoners of the Taliban were executed. Usually by beheading" should be forthcoming from you. Especially since you claim it somehow means Bergdahl is a traitor because he wasn't executed.

A simple google search will show you all kinds of pictures and videos of the taliban beheading people. You may even see one of the 5 taliban who were just released sitting behind 5 or 6 heads.

But I have never called Sgt Bergdahl a traitor. I still have a sign in the front window of my house that reads "Bring Bowe Home Alive Now".

What I have said is there needs to be a full investigation, One that goes further and deeper than the one the Army did in 2010 which says that PFC Bergdahl walked away from his post leaving his weapons and sensitive gear behind.

None of you give a rat's ass about any of the Bergdahl's. You're covering Obama's sorry ass and you know it.

Actually, the opposite is true. None of YOU give a rat's ass about the Bergdahl's. The Sgt is just the latest American you're willing to exploit in an effort to assail Obama. First there was your willingness to exploit the deaths of Americans in Libya. Now you're willing to engage in a public lynching of Sgt Bergdahl who's just barely been released from 5 years as a solitary captive of the Taliban.

Tell me, have you ever seen Sgt Bergdahl make a propaganda video for the Taliban? No. But you guys are ready to pounce on him and publicly eviscerate him without ever hearing his story because you place more value in the Taliban's word than you feel loyalty to an American POW for one reason and one reason only. It's because you can use it against Obama.

As for me, I figure Obama can take care of himself when it comes to a bunch of anti-American conservatives who aren't even willing to give Bergdahl the benefit of any doubt. But Bergdahl, as an American who put on the uniform and headed into a war zone, needs and deserves some defenders, and he obviously can't depend on people like you.
Thanks, but you're confirmation was not necessary given the transparency of your actions.

No one objects to getting Bergdahl back, but trading 5 top Taliban brass of a PFC deserter who caused the death of his comrades while looking for him was a damned fool thing to do. Announcing it in a Rose Garden ceremony while Obama was seeking to ingratiate himself with veterans after the VA clusterfuck was an epic miscalculation. and finally, sending Rice out to announce to the world that a deserter served honorably and with distinction clearly shows an administration beset by incompetence of epic proportions.

Are you obtuse? Or are you just plain stupid?

First of all, desertion requires a willful act of not reporting for duty for a period of 30 days or longer. All indications are that Pvt Bergdahl was captured within a short time of leaving his post. That means he didn't desert. After all, you can't report for duty when you're held prisoner. But you would rather take the word of the Taliban? Typical of people who are anti-American in their outlook.

The administration had few options regarding getting Berdahl back. Give something now, or be forced to probably give more later. Besides, the 5 who were released are supposed to be held in Qatar for a year. And after 12 years of captivity at Gitmo, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're in no mental or physical condition to represent a serious threat. In fact, I think we have more to worry about from new young gung-ho recruits than we have to worry about from men who have likely been broken down over a period of years.

Furthermore, I doubt that Obama thought that Veterans who have had problems getting timely care were going to change their opinions of the VA and/or him just because a POW was released.

As far as Bergdahl's service is concerned, have you ever seen him in a Taliban or an al Qaeda video denouncing America or otherwise acting in a way that could be considered disloyal to his fellow soldiers? I haven't. You should give the soldier the benefit of the doubt instead of just condemning him from the comfort of your home considering the fact that he's spent the last five years in captivity alone without any fellow soldiers to lean on like John McCain had when he was a POW in Vietnam. If you can't or wont do that, they you're anti-American, pure and simple.

First of all, desertion requires a willful act of not reporting for duty for a period of 30 days or longer. All indications are that Pvt Bergdahl was captured within a short time of leaving his post. That means he didn't desert. After all, you can't report for duty when you're held prisoner. But you would rather take the word of the Taliban? Typical of people who are anti-American in their outlook.

The administration had few options regarding getting Berdahl back. Give something now, or be forced to probably give more later. Besides, the 5 who were released are supposed to be held in Qatar for a year. And after 12 years of captivity at Gitmo, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're in no mental or physical condition to represent a serious threat. In fact, I think we have more to worry about from new young gung-ho recruits than we have to worry about from men who have likely been broken down over a period of years.

Furthermore, I doubt that Obama thought that Veterans who have had problems getting timely care were going to change their opinions of the VA and/or him just because a POW was released.

As far as Bergdahl's service is concerned, have you ever seen him in a Taliban or an al Qaeda video denouncing America or otherwise acting in a way that could be considered disloyal to his fellow soldiers? I haven't. You should give the soldier the benefit of the doubt instead of just condemning him from the comfort of your home considering the fact that he's spent the last five years in captivity alone without any fellow soldiers to lean on like John McCain had when he was a POW in Vietnam. If you can't or wont do that, they you're anti-American, pure and simple.
Rationalization realized of desperation are usually convoluted. The above is testament to just that.

There is nothing you can do to change the facts of Bergdahl's case, and even less to cover Obama's ass. Without some bombshell like Bergdahl served as a mole inside the Taliban, this is an open and shut case of desertion, endangerment of fellow soldiers and another Obama clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Sorry.

Rationalization realized of desperation are usually convoluted. The above is testament to just that.

There is nothing you can do to change the facts of Bergdahl's case, and even less to cover Obama's ass. Without some bombshell like Bergdahl served as a mole inside the Taliban, this is an open and shut case of desertion, endangerment of fellow soldiers and another Obama clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Sorry.

Conservatives don't get to change the definitions of words no matter how much they want to or how often they try. What that means is that as long as abortion is legal, it's not murder. That means that if a person gets prosecuted for a hate crime, they're not targeted for their opinions or their personal beliefs. And it also means that if Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban within hours of leaving his post after duty, then he didn't desert the Army.

Deal with it!

Wow, the far-left brain washing really works well on the exceptionally weak-minded. Little horsey there is fully gone.

Sorry.

Conservatives don't get to change the definitions of words no matter how much they want to or how often they try. What that means is that as long as abortion is legal, it's not murder. That means that if a person gets prosecuted for a hate crime, they're not targeted for their opinions or their personal beliefs. And it also means that if Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban within hours of leaving his post after duty, then he didn't desert the Army.

Deal with it!
So, slavery wasn't an abuse of human rights because it was legal?

I could be wrong because I haven't looked it up, but chances are desertion could be charged if it can be shown that the individual left their post with the intent of not returning.

BTW Sgt Bergdahl is supposed to arrive in the States sometime tonight.......

Sorry.

Deal with it!
So, slavery wasn't an abuse of human rights because it was legal?
Were you not paying attention to my post about the definition of words? What's legal and what's considered moral are two different things. But the classification of 'murder' is a legal definition.

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders

1. 1.
    the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    "the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
    synonyms:killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; Moremanslaughter;
    literaryslaying
    "a brutal murder"

• informal
      a very difficult or unpleasant task or experience.
      "my first job at the steel mill was murder"
      synonyms:hell, hell on earth, a nightmare, an ordeal, a trial, misery, torture, agony More"driving there was murder"

verb
verb: murder; 3rd person present: murders; past tense: murdered; past participle: murdered; gerund or present participle: murdering
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms:kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More

Forum List

Back