Up For A Black Burger?

No, no. The sauce - and sometimes the pasta itself - is actually made from squid ink. Usually with lots of garlic as well. So good.

Well what does squid ink taste like? :eek-52: I hope it doesn't come from their butts!

It comes from inside the squid. You know how they shoot out ink when a predator is trying to catch them? Hard to explain how it tastes until you try it. Kind of 'greasy' I guess.

I wonder how healthy it is to consume ink that comes from some the insides of some sea animal's glands?

People have been enjoying it for a very long time.

Enjoying? Or just pretending to? :D I don't know about that. LOL. Squid ink?

Try it once. You will not be disappointed.

Well what does squid ink taste like? :eek-52: I hope it doesn't come from their butts!

It comes from inside the squid. You know how they shoot out ink when a predator is trying to catch them? Hard to explain how it tastes until you try it. Kind of 'greasy' I guess.

I wonder how healthy it is to consume ink that comes from some the insides of some sea animal's glands?

People have been enjoying it for a very long time.

Enjoying? Or just pretending to? :D I don't know about that. LOL. Squid ink?

Try it once. You will not be disappointed.

Well I'll think about it, but I don't think it's on the menu at most of the places I usually eat.

Most people usually stick to what they know when it comes to food and get intimidated by different things.

True, but I find it odd that this is an area where some people seem almost proud of thinking and behaving like children.

Yup and its the same with music.

I love all styles of music. Just because I eat a certain way that doesn't conform to your standards doesn't make a child. Why do you folks care what type of food I eat? These are decisions I have made for myself and I apologize if they live up to your standards.

I didn't say anything to you dude, relax.

I am relaxed. And you agreed with the poster that claim "people seem almost proud of thinking and behaving like children" because I have certain eating habits that doesn't jive with what he thinks unacceptable. He is being uncommonly rude to me for no reason.

No, he is being rude for a very good reason.

Do you know that old saying, "you are what you eat?" Well, we know what he puts in his maw, he eats shit. Any one that willingly consumes fast food is going to poison their mind and their soul, and thus be of bad humor. Even when confronted with their foul behavior.

Frankly, if I were you, and I'd chosen a Vegan or Vegetarian lifestyle, and a doctor told me I was nutrient deficient and needed to start eating animal products, I'd seek out the assistance of a professional nutritionist. You don't need that sort of advice. Everything you need you can almost always get in plant products and vitamin supplements unless you have a rare nutritional disorder.

But if Unkotare is actually admitting to eating at McDonald's? Well, there's where the ignorance and bad attitude is coming from.

You’ll Never Eat McDonald’s Again After Reading These 10 Horrifying Facts
You 8217 ll Never Eat McDonald 8217 s Again After Reading These 10 Horrifying Facts True Activist
Feeling hungry? You may want to read the rest of this article before you head to your favorite fast food restaurant and order your usual chemical and prescription drug-ridden meal. Did you know you’re likely eating crushed beetles and or duck feathers with your fast food burger? Here are some of the most disgusting additives you’re eating when you hit the drive-thru:

**Please share this for every one who is still fast asleep!**

1.) Ammonium Sulfate
Nothing helps mass-produce bread like ammonium sulfate. Unfortunately, nothing fertilizers soil or kills bugs like it either. Read more about ammonium sulfate and other nasty bread additives here: 5 Dangerous Additives Hidden In Packaged Bread
2.) Silicone Oil
Chicken McNuggets are full of dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone oil that is often used for making contact lenses and other medical items. Learn more about your beloved McNuggets here: The Chicken That Should Be Banned
3.) Cysteine-L
Fast food restaurants use Cysteine-L, an amino acid synthesized from human hair or duck feathers, to flavor their meat and soften their breads and pastries.
4.) TBHQ
This additive can be found in 18 McDonald’s menu items. It’s potentially lethal, but don’t worry, the FDA says it’s generally regarded as safe (GRAS). Learn more about TBHQ here: The Petroleum Byproduct You Are Most Likely Eating
5.) Propylene Glycol
Propylene glycol is a chemical compound that can be found in anti-freeze, e-cigarettes, and that’s right! Fast food!
6.) Prescription Drugs
By testing feathers, researchers from Johns Hopkins University found some very interesting characteristics of factory-farm-raised poultry. And you thought the pink slime scandal was bad? Anti-depressants as well as other prescription drugs are added to chicken feed for fast food “poultry” items. That’s right, those McChicken sandwiches and McNuggets come from chickens that were raised on a steady diet of prescription, over-the-counter, and even banned drugs. Learn more about it here: 3 Dirty Chicken Facts Exposed
7.) Dimethylpolysiloxane
You’ll find this in almost any fried fast food menu item and also in silly putty, contact lenses, caulking, shampoo and conditioners, cosmetics, polishes, heat resistant tiles, and the list goes on… Learn more about Dimethylpolysiloxane by following this link.
8.) Carminic Acid
Synthesized by Cochineal beetles, Carminic acid is used to dye foods, especially meats, red. You can learn more about the beetles in your food HERE.
9.) Cellulose
You’ll find this organic compound, which is produced from wood pulp, in nearly every fast food menu item. Learn more about cellulose by following this link.
10.) Silicon Dioxide
This industrial sand is used in things like Wendy’s chili to keep it from clumping together. Mmm… industrial sand. Learn more about silicon dioxide HERE.

I use cuttlefish ink in my Risotto Nero and Linguine Nero, one large female cuttlefish's ink sacks will last me all summer.

Ninja burgers - I bet they're delish!

Yeah,

kuroburger.png

On the scale of Weird Japanese Food, this doesn't rank terribly high

I use cuttlefish ink in my Risotto Nero and Linguine Nero, one large female cuttlefish's ink sacks will last me all summer.

Where on earth do you get that?

There is no seafood market near you?

Yes, but I've never seen that before. Maybe because I've never looked. I still can't help but to think, yuck.

But then again, I eat steamed clams, and a lot of people think those are gross too. Lol.

Forum List

Back