Unions do not care about people, they care about DUES!

It's nothing more than class envy.

Non-union workers who make squat and are treated like shit by their employers are envious of their unionized and well compensated colleagues.

Thank you Mr. Clean. I could not have put it better myself and still maintained my reputation as a gentleman.

Aren't you the same Jew-hating asshole who had the Arafat avatar. Same screen name (minus the period), same location. Hmm?

Hmmmm, 'hating joos' to use your loaded self-serving phrase likely means that in the real world he is a Canadian Patriot who places the Interests of his Nation/Folk above the whims/wants/arrogant demands of the self-styled Chosen.

it is none of OUR business on what the unionized workers or unions do...that is between the union and their employers.

we live in a free choice working atmosphere here in the usa...if the worker in a unionized factory etc does not want to be in a union, they can find a job elsewhere, as with everyone else that has to make career decisions for themselves.

unions were formed and voted on by the majority of employees.

As far as criticism from the Peanut gallery....I thinks employees uniting to form unions is their right to do. I also think they should reorganize themselves to a new structure in their unions, that goes with the times we are in and rid themselves of the mob like leaders of their unions and replace them...but again, this is just my opinion and absolutely has no weight in this argument....I certainly would not want the "big government" getting involved in the private sector!!!

You mean like the auto worker union members, now unemployed? Or the steel worker union member? Or the rail road union worker?
There is not an industry where unions have dominated that has not been decimated by high labor costs.

Yep, the way to prosperity is through lower wages. :cuckoo:

Hmm, China has lower wages than we do and we owe them a bunch of money. All the Asian countries except Japan have lower wage rates and all of them are in better financial shape than we are.
So the crazy one is you:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yeah, let's aspire to be more like China and other third-world shitholes. :cuckoo:

Yep, the way to prosperity is through lower wages. :cuckoo:

Hmm, China has lower wages than we do and we owe them a bunch of money. All the Asian countries except Japan have lower wage rates and all of them are in better financial shape than we are.
So the crazy one is you:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yeah, let's aspire to be more like China and other third-world shitholes. :cuckoo:

I would gladly be more like China's economy and balance of payments. You want to be like France.

So your solution is for the U.S. to default on its obligations? Yeah, that'll make us a superpower.:cuckoo:

piss on being a 'superpower' (aka golem for Israel) my interest is the well-being and self-interest of the American People which at the end of the day will require stiffing the Chinese. Fuck-em, TWO can play their wittle game of manipulating currencies.

So becoming a lying chiseler is your idea of serving American interests?

Would you mind changing your screen name so people don't associate dysfunctional ignorant assholes with gunowners?

"Since China's economic reform in late 1970's, China's economic growth is very fast...Since government authorities didn't pay much attention to protecting the rights and interests of workers, the workers and farmers have almost no rights at all, which has caused the rapidly expanding gap between rich and poor in China."

Some experts and scholars have said that the overall labor force prices are determined by the market mechanism, but whether to increase the wages and by how much shouldn't be decided solely by the employers. Hu Xingdou said: "The gap between rich and poor in China is mainly due to the workers and farmers being deprived of rights. They have no rights to speak, to be heard, or to negotiate, and so they are in a passive status and being treated badly."

Epoch Times | Huge Salary Gap Among Chinese Workers

the avg factory worker in china makes about $400 bucks a month...we can NEVER compete with that, nor should we ever want to bring ourselves DOWN to that level of poverty these Chinese are held to....

So you would rather have people not earning $25/hour than earning $5/hr? Because the choice is not between high wage jobs and low wage jobs but between jobs and no jobs.

So you would rather have people not earning $25/hour than earning $5/hr? Because the choice is not between high wage jobs and low wage jobs but between jobs and no jobs.

You see, that's what's wrong with America: workers make too much while the wealthy have too little.

You're not really a Rabbi at all, are you? Rabbis are generally iintelligent people with well reasoned arguments. You're just a petty douchebag and a corporate suck up.

It's nothing more than class envy.

Non-union workers who make squat and are treated like shit by their employers are envious of their unionized and well compensated colleagues.

Thank you Mr. Clean. I could not have put it better myself and still maintained my reputation as a gentleman.

Aren't you the same Jew-hating asshole who had the Arafat avatar. Same screen name (minus the period), same location. Hmm?

Yes that was me. Arafat is one of the men I admire. He never gave up the fight to regain his country for his people. Arafat's dream will soon be a reality, the world is finally starting to see the Jews of Israel for what they are.

There are several threads going on right now discussing Unions. The question is if unions are good or bad. How about a little union strong arming directly from union mouths. How about thug mentality written right into union contract.

The popular myth is that unions are about protecting the workers when the real reason unions exist is for profit and money. The more members they have, the more they make in the way of dues.

This is an excerpt from a standard CWA contract, Article 33, page 118. Read it very carefully. You do NOT have to sign up, join the union and be a card carrying member. But if you want to work you better pay the union its dues regardless if you are a "member" or not.

Tell me how do you fail to "voluntarily" acquire anything?

http://files.cwa-union.org/CwaNet/CWAContractAllAgreements.pdf

15 B. For the purposes of this Section, “membership in good standing in the
16 Union” shall consist of payment by the employee of dues (as described
17 herein) for each calendar month not later than the last day of the second
18 following calendar month, as may be levied in accordance with
19 procedures set forth in the Union’s Constitution. Each employee of the
20 Company covered by this Agreement who fails to voluntarily acquire or
21 maintain membership in the Union shall be required, as a condition of
22 employment, beginning sixty (60) days after the effective date of this
23 Agreement or sixty (60) days after the completion of his probationary
24 period, whichever is later, to pay the Union each month a service charge

25 as a contribution for the administration of the Agreement and the
26 representation of such employee. The service charge for the first month
27 shall be in an amount equal to the Union’s regular and usual monthly
28 dues, and for each month thereafter in an amount equal to the regular and
29 usual monthly dues uniformly required as a condition of acquiring or
30 retaining membership.

Now why is that? If you have the free choice to NOT belong to the union as a member why would you have to pay the union its dues? Being a member of a union has no bearing if you are hired by a company or not. But if you want to keep your job you have to pay.

The fact is that if you do not pay the union its dues they can force an employer to terminate your job in accordance with the union contract the employer holds. The other option the unions have to acquire its dues is to sue the non member for the dues they believe the non member owes them.

To me unions are nothing but Racketeering, Blackmail and Extortion.

How strong is the desire of American workers to have a union? To join a union?

Results of a recent Rasmussen poll found that 9% of nonunion workers were interested in joining a union. For public school grads, that means that 91% have no such interest. In fact, maybe that means that 9% are public school grads who didn’t learn to read on their own. (Just 9% of Non-Union Workers Want to Join Union - Rasmussen Reports)

Rasmussen found that even workers in companies who were in danger of losing their jobs, it was still only 9%. What do the 91% know about union membership that the 9% don’t? One can only conjecture.

As to your point about unions' concern for the worker:

"...instead of improving workers’ benefits, unions have become political action committees: take money from workers to give to politicians to help them get elected, and then politicians pass laws that make ‘capitalism’ moot. SEIU President Andy Stern: “We spent a fortune t elect Barack Obama- $60.7 million, to be exact- and we’re proud of it.”
“After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed.”
Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight - WSJ.com

BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING | LABOR; Union Is Accused of Violations - New York Times)

This is what Andy Stern, SEIU president said: “This is not a financial issue. We need to respond to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama.” Once again, why join a union?

I agree with syrenn's premise that union leaders are more interested in their power than the working conditions of the union members. However... As much as I respect what Gov. Christie is trying to do, I want to shake him and say "Y0U DON'T GET IT!'. He has been lambasting the NJEA because he claims they care more about teachers than students. Well - duh. Teachers are the ones paying the dues. That's their frickin purpose.

NJ Taxpayers pay their taxes (dues) to the state to provide education to the children. That's the Dept of Ed's job; not the teacher's union. Teachers care about students; unions care about teachers. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

But I do agree that the NJEA cares more about politicians than teachers. $900 a year in union dues. No wonder they wanted universal pre-school. Think of all those new members!

They hate unions because they are told to hate them.

They are demiocratic institutions that they hate.

They also are trying to claim that the US is not a democratic institution.

Its propaganda that is bought by these fools to get them to vote against their own self interests.

Some people are just so stupid they buy the propaganda.

* Well 1st off.... Maybe you are a union hack who is just likes unions b/c you are told to :eusa_eh:

* 2nd'ly... The USA is a representative republic not a democracy.

* Its propaganda that is bought by you fools to get you to vote for their (the union bosses) own self interests. :eusa_whistle:

I know... I grew up in a union home when I was living at home.

THEY DID NOTHING FOR MY DAD, and he still buys into it.
We just dont talk about it b/c he knows if he stops paying his dues.... they will cut off his retirement.

Kind of like the mob if ya ask me.
He gave them 40 yrs of his life and we scraped and scartched for a living throughout my entire childhood.

So screw em... I do just fine w/o them thank you very much.
You union hacks are just so stupid to buy into the propaganda.

Last edited:
I agree with syrenn's premise that union leaders are more interested in their power than the working conditions of the union members. However... As much as I respect what Gov. Christie is trying to do, I want to shake him and say "Y0U DON'T GET IT!'. He has been lambasting the NJEA because he claims they care more about teachers than students. Well - duh. Teachers are the ones paying the dues. That's their frickin purpose.

NJ Taxpayers pay their taxes (dues) to the state to provide education to the children. That's the Dept of Ed's job; not the teacher's union. Teachers care about students; unions care about teachers. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

But I do agree that the NJEA cares more about politicians than teachers. $900 a year in union dues. No wonder they wanted universal pre-school. Think of all those new members!

If the state cant get rid of bad teachers and replace them with good teachers that is the unions fault. The state could hire more teachers if the unions didn't demand so much in pay and benefits for the teachers. I agree that the unions don't care about students. Students don't pay dues. Teachers pay dues.

Got off topic here did we not. All of you that are supporting the union have not yet commented on the fact that the OP was basically stating it was wrong for someone to be FORCED into the union as a matter of employment. The problem here is this tactic is EXACTLY what has destroyed the original intent of the union. the union bosses have managed to permanently wedge themselves into places where they no longer need to represent the worker because the worker is unable to effect the union. Now, right to work is spreading but it is not enough. Unions have gained legal protections that they should not have and have captive audiences that should be able to come and go at will and until the unions return to that type of business they will not represent the worker but will instead continue to represent the greed that they are now.

That and the concept of public sector unions needs to be ENTIRELY abolished and, quite frankly, made illegal.

If the state cant get rid of bad teachers and replace them with good teachers that is the unions fault. The state could hire more teachers if the unions didn't demand so much in pay and benefits for the teachers. I agree that the unions don't care about students. Students don't pay dues. Teachers pay dues.

The state may not even need MORE teaches, just to replace the worthless hacks that the union protects. There is a serious problem when you lose the ability to fire those that are bad at their jobs. This is one of the problems that come with public sector unions. They do not serve a purpose.

You left one choice out. Working at a job or lounging on your ass with your hand out for welfare check.

Got off topic here did we not. All of you that are supporting the union have not yet commented on the fact that the OP was basically stating it was wrong for someone to be FORCED into the union as a matter of employment. The problem here is this tactic is EXACTLY what has destroyed the original intent of the union. the union bosses have managed to permanently wedge themselves into places where they no longer need to represent the worker because the worker is unable to effect the union. Now, right to work is spreading but it is not enough. Unions have gained legal protections that they should not have and have captive audiences that should be able to come and go at will and until the unions return to that type of business they will not represent the worker but will instead continue to represent the greed that they are now.

That and the concept of public sector unions needs to be ENTIRELY abolished and, quite frankly, made illegal.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

* Its propaganda that is bought by you fools to get you to vote for their (the union bosses) own self interests. :eusa_whistle:

I know... I grew up in a union home when I was living at home.

THEY DID NOTHING FOR MY DAD, and he still buys into it.
We just dont talk about it b/c he knows if he stops paying his dues.... they will cut off his retirement.

Kind of like the mob if ya ask me.
He gave them 40 yrs of his life and we scraped and scartched for a living throughout my entire childhood.

So screw em... I do just fine w/o them thank you very much.
You union hacks are just so stupid to buy into the propaganda.[/FONT]

I have a question for you if I may.

Was your father ever ORDERED to strike? Did the union pay all of your bills from a the strike fund?

Obviously you know nothing about Unions or you are a minimum wage worker jealous of good union negotiated wages and benefits. Which is it?

Nepotism, Corruption, Double Standards, Extortion, Blackmail, Thuggery, Theft, Graft, Bribery, Screwing all that are not part of the club. The Great Unwashed. The End Justifies The Means. The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight. Cook The Book's squad. It's all about the people's. I get it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Union's out of all government jobs now!!! Save America from these radical Extreme Entitleist's!!! Throw The Bum's out of Government!!! ;)

Last edited:

You left one choice out. Working at a job or lounging on your ass with your hand out for welfare check.

That's basically it.
People think they can get a free lunch. THey can't. There is so much money available for labor. Whether that money is spent on 20 workers or 15 workers is determined largely by the union. They raise wages for their own members only at the expense of people not in the union, who are shut out of jobs completely.

Forum List

Back