Unions do not care about people, they care about DUES!

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by syrenn, Jun 5, 2010.

1. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    There are several threads going on right now discussing Unions. The question is if unions are good or bad. How about a little union strong arming directly from union mouths. How about thug mentality written right into union contract.

The popular myth is that unions are about protecting the workers when the real reason unions exist is for profit and money. The more members they have, the more they make in the way of dues.

This is an excerpt from a standard CWA contract, Article 33, page 118. Read it very carefully. You do NOT have to sign up, join the union and be a card carrying member. But if you want to work you better pay the union its dues regardless if you are a "member" or not.

Tell me how do you fail to "voluntarily" acquire anything?

http://files.cwa-union.org/CwaNet/CWAContractAllAgreements.pdf

Now why is that? If you have the free choice to NOT belong to the union as a member why would you have to pay the union its dues? Being a member of a union has no bearing if you are hired by a company or not. But if you want to keep your job you have to pay.

The fact is that if you do not pay the union its dues they can force an employer to terminate your job in accordance with the union contract the employer holds. The other option the unions have to acquire its dues is to sue the non member for the dues they believe the non member owes them.

To me unions are nothing but Racketeering, Blackmail and Extortion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    I was going to ask how they heard of him until I realized you weren't talking about Dude

:lol:

3. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    It is always easy to argue that some type of profession (personal injury lawyers) or organization (unions) does what they do only for the money involved. Of course, it is equally easy to argue that the personal injury lawyer, the union, or whatever, does what they do for the good of their clients, out of a sense of professional responsibility, and the money they earn doing it is only secondary.

It would be impossible for them to function without realizing some profit. That does not necessarily mean they are evil. Look more to what they do, than to how much they earn doing it.

4. Yukon.

Yukon. Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Obviously you know nothing about Unions or you are a minimum wage worker jealous of good union negotiated wages and benefits. Which is it?

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    They hate unions because they are told to hate them.

They are demiocratic institutions that they hate.

They also are trying to claim that the US is not a democratic institution.

Its propaganda that is bought by these fools to get them to vote against their own self interests.

Some people are just so stupid they buy the propaganda.

6. Middleman

Middleman Defender of the month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I think that unions have become their own self-perpetuating bureaucracy whose main goal is self-preservation. The people who work for unions do so for a paycheck, and the union leaders enjoy their lucrative salaries.

They have refined their tactics of maintaining control over their constituents through various means. Sometimes they are a necessary evil to counter unscrupulous employers unfortunately.

7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Truth.

My brother was a UFCW stocker on overnights and did his job well.

He asked management, for over a year, to be taken off overnights and put on a day shift, even if it meant moving to another store.

Management wouldn't let him off of overnights and the union did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on his behalf of his filed grievance.

Useless union goon bosses are only in it for themselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    How about we stick with the words, Blackmail and Extortion. Personal injury lawyers do not participate in any of this.

Is not forcing someone against their will to pay dues to keep their job not blackmail and extortion? Is writing a contract that includes and covers the issue of blackmail and extortion, a standard contract that the CWA uses in many areas not racketeering?

Remember that unions can and do use thugs to "persuade" people to join.

9. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    Obviously I know more about the unions than you think. What don't like that I posted a union contract to prove what they are?

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Unions care only about their own power? SHocking I tell you.

Unions ought to be abolished. Especially the public sector ones. And just for entertainment here's Gov Christie pwning a union troll:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuri7p_9pm4]YouTube - Chris Christie vs. Teachers Unions[/ame]