Unemployment 5.1% Sept 2015

The BLS takes a survey of 60,000 households, about 110,000 individuals, and there are questions asking why they have stopped looking if they have stated that they stopped looking for work. Answers range from no transportation, caring for a sick family member, given up, going to school, etc.

Out of 94 million? :dunno:
Well who do YOU think make up the 94 million?
And give numbers for each type.

I'll get you started, there are less than 1 million who have given up.
Go.

Not my job man...
Thats up to your messiah.
A typically lazy CON$ervative response.

Ok I'll give you some more help.
There are over 38 million of the 94 million who are retired and almost 11 million who are disabled.
That is more than half right there.
How many stay at home spouses do you think there are?
How many students over 16 do you think there are?
How many home care givers, taking care of sick or elderly family members, do you think there are?

If you add them all up you will find that there are less than 1 million who have given up.

Sorry...but this lazy con who worked hard enough to retire at 46 will need more than your word.
Because we all know how libs lie.
Yeah sure, we have the word of a lying CON on that! :rofl::lmao:

Go.

Not my job man...

There are over 38 million of the 94 million who are retired and almost 11 million who are disabled.
How many home care givers, taking care of sick or elderly family members, do you think there are?

If you add them all up you will find that there are less than 1 million who have given up.

Sorry...but this lazy con who worked hard enough to retire at 46 will need more than your word.

Tell you what...I can prove my life of leisure,can you?

Hell,I'll hold up a daily paper standing in front of the house,boat,pool,backyard kitchen,the golf course in my backyard whatever.
I laugh at losers like you,give me a reason to chuckle ya fucken low life schmuck.
I'd ask you to compare portfolios but that would be foolish on my part.

Go.

Not my job man...

Where'd ya go eddy?
Come on back ya schmuck.
Typical lib,talks smack and than shits the bed.

T
Did they lie when it was 5.1% under Bush?
Yes.

Record 94 Million NOT in Labor Force! Just think: When 150-200 million drop out there'll be damn near ZERO Unemployment!
Record 94 Million Americans Not In The Labor Force; Participation Rate Lowest Since 1977 | Zero Hedge
People still cite this idiotic shit?

Citing the labor participation rate is not idiotic, it helps to paint the full unemployment picture. . The current "full picture" shows that in the real world, unemployment is still high- despite the 5.1% U-3 number.

We citizens need to demand the Government calculate unemployment in a realistic fashion. The way they do it now is really just a joke, an insult to anyone with a brain.

Go.

Not my job man...

WTF Ed? You come across as a pussy without compare.....

Payroll employment increased by 173,000 over the past 14 years this month always gets revised up by 75K, so the real number is up 247,000

A few days ago the Federal Reserve Beige Book said The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.
And yet nearly 100 million people that used to be employed are no longer employed. And they did not retire.

Payroll employment increased by 173,000 over the past 14 years this month always gets revised up by 75K, so the real number is up 247,000

A few days ago the Federal Reserve Beige Book said The overall Labor supply continues to be "very tight", with contacts noting shortages of workers. Pay rates have grown by 3 percent to 20 percent, with the sharper increases reflecting a greater supply-demand gap.
And yet nearly 100 million people that used to be employed are no longer employed. And they did not retire.
You still claiming labor participation rate?

Thank you, Mr. President.

11892214_914996405260081_7335671930224552281_n.jpg

Obviously, you did not read the entire report. The Work Force Participation Rate, Employment-Population Ratio and Loss of Manufacturing Jobs numbers continued to be very negative. If you do not understand these terms and their effect on the economy, get a High School Senior to help you. These terrible numbers caused the Stock Market to tank. Anyone, who took Economics 101 would understand these negative issues. Again, obviously you don't.

Obviously, you did not read the entire report. The Work Force Participation Rate, Employment-Population Ratio and Loss of Manufacturing Jobs numbers continued to be very negative. If you do not understand these terms and their effect on the economy, get a High School Senior to help you. These terrible numbers caused the Stock Market to tank. Anyone, who took Economics 101 would understand these negative issues. Again, obviously you don't.

How does baby boomers retiring negatively impact our economy?

Obama now has a lower unemployment rate than Reagan ever had in his presidency.

Great job Mr President!

Not so great. The labor force participation rate increased during Reagan's terms; it's collapsed during Obama's.

View attachment 49322

OH My, and LOOK what has happened to that Obomanation STOCK MARKET!!!

Dow Drops To 17-Month Lows As Hope-Filled Dead-Cat-Bounce Dies!!!!!

Dow Drops To 17-Month Lows As Hope-Filled Dead-Cat-Bounce Dies | Zero Hedge

The market hates good employment numbers & wage increases. A stock rallies when a company announces layoffs. The market believes the good jobs numbers will cause the Federal Reserve to hike rates taking away Wallstreets punch-bowl. Shareholders are running for the hills when they feel a rate hike coming.
Of course with the market in FREE FALL the Fed will increase rates.... Logic, you have none!
The market is not in free fall you idiot. It's in correction mode due to global economy & possible rate hike. Negative GDP Recessions are caused by Republicans. They have not happened under Clinton or Obama. The USA has positive jobs growth, earnings growth & GDP growth. The economy is strong & that has Wallstreet worried their free money loans from the Fed are getting taken away.

Your economic and market illiteracy is truly Awesome to Behold.

For about the umpteenth time, the unemployment rate that is reported, which is categorized as U-3, does not count people who have been out of work for four years or more and have given up looking for a job.
That's right, but irrelevant, the U-3 only counts people LOOKING for work.
The U-4 rate does however count those who have given up looking for work but still want a job no matter how many years they have been unemployed, and it is presently 5.5%

I gotta ask...how exactly does the government determine someone has given up?

A DC bureaucrat decides not to count him so that stats look better for Obama.
Complete utter BULLSHIT believed only by the most stupid of the stupid.

*sigh* Sarcasm is So Wasted on the simple minded.

How does baby boomers retiring negatively impact our economy?

You REALLY are this stupid, an economic boob!

That has to be one of the STUPIDEST posts ever!!!
Many of the 94 million are people who have never been employed, like students who just turned 16 years old or many stay at home moms.
And by far and away the biggest group of the 94 million ARE retirees, 39 million in fact as well as 11 million disabled.

So lets look at the numbers for the 94 million

39 million retirees

21 million college students

10.5 million stay at home moms

9 million high school students over 16

9 million disabled

2 million family caregivers

1 million stay at home dads

For about the umpteenth time, the unemployment rate that is reported, which is categorized as U-3, does not count people who have been out of work for four years or more and have given up looking for a job.
That's right, but irrelevant, the U-3 only counts people LOOKING for work.
The U-4 rate does however count those who have given up looking for work but still want a job no matter how many years they have been unemployed, and it is presently 5.5%

I gotta ask...how exactly does the government determine someone has given up?

A DC bureaucrat decides not to count him so that stats look better for Obama.
Complete utter BULLSHIT believed only by the most stupid of the stupid.

*sigh* Sarcasm is So Wasted on the simple minded.
Sarcasm, based on bullshit is not sarcasm, it is pure BULLSHIT!

Forum List

Back