"U.S. Government FOR SALE"....Koch Brothers are the buyers

In the run-up to the 2016 election, Republicans are trying to position themselves as the party of the middle class. It may well work, but not because Republicans are in fact reformist, but rather because voters and pundits blow off facts and instead focus on rhetoric. When it comes to actual empirical evidence, the answer is indisputable: Democrats preside over far more income growth for the middle class than Republicans.
Princeton University's Larry Bartels has two studies on politics and income distribution, and together they encompass almost a century. His finding: under Republicans, the poor and middle class see almost no income growth, while under Democrats, they see dramatic growth (
see charts)
Every Republican president in the past 60 years has presided over increasing income inequality, including Dwight Eisenhower
In another recent study, Alan Blinder and Mark Watson
find that on a number of economic indicators, the country fares far better when a Democrat is in office. GDP growth is 1.8 point higher under a Democratic presidency, unemployment is lower, corporate profits are higher, the S&P grows faster and wages grow faster.

With my right wing friends, I've found that facts are often an anathema for them.

I found out long ago that fact do go well with either the left or right. It is really easy to deflect responsibility to the other side, thus there is no need to fix a thing, just blame the other guy and carry on down the same path.

I think if we're going to take this country back its going to be through the democratic party. Then maybe the gop's behavior will change. I don't think the GOP have anything to offer the middle class. If you believe their talking points or that they are sincere then we will have to agree to disagree.

You can't convince me that the Republican Party is the party for me. The only way I'm going to ever be convinced is for them to take control back and lead well. the last time it didn't work out so well. And if you think the Bush years were good that's another one we're just going to have to agree to disagree on

The democrats have offered the middle class lots of words and nothing else.
What do the GOP offer?

The same as the Democrats, lots of words and nothing else, but you some how feel the Democrats are looking out for the middle class. What have they done or offered?
In the run-up to the 2016 election, Republicans are trying to position themselves as the party of the middle class. It may well work, but not because Republicans are in fact reformist, but rather because voters and pundits blow off facts and instead focus on rhetoric. When it comes to actual empirical evidence, the answer is indisputable: Democrats preside over far more income growth for the middle class than Republicans.
Princeton University's Larry Bartels has two studies on politics and income distribution, and together they encompass almost a century. His finding: under Republicans, the poor and middle class see almost no income growth, while under Democrats, they see dramatic growth (
see charts)
Every Republican president in the past 60 years has presided over increasing income inequality, including Dwight Eisenhower
In another recent study, Alan Blinder and Mark Watson
find that on a number of economic indicators, the country fares far better when a Democrat is in office. GDP growth is 1.8 point higher under a Democratic presidency, unemployment is lower, corporate profits are higher, the S&P grows faster and wages grow faster.
[FONT=Georgia, Century, Times, serif]Democrats Help the Middle Class - Why Can't They Win Elections?

[/FONT]

I don't see a real difference, this administration, the Clinton administration were great to help the rich, if the middle class benefited...it wasn't on purpose.

The rich pass laws to benefit the rich.

HUH?

The federal budget has 1 billion dollars earmarked for the parasites. So what are you talking about , Willis?

82% of the Forbes 400 are far left democrats.

This includes billionaires like Mark Zuckerberg who could buy and sell either Koch brother. Most of the really big money in this nation is concentrated in the hands of an ultra-left elite.

For all the nitwits out there (you know who you are)...It is NOT a matter of who has the most money, the thread is about WHO is trying to use their wealth to "buy" government or bribe government officials.

Two other factors:

First, Soros' (and this thread is not about him) outlay of funds is considerably LESS than the Koch brothers, and

Second, whereas Soros has social interests in his "bribery" of government, the Koch brothers pour their bribery money toward buying financial interests to benefit THEIR own bottom-line in their businesses.

If ONLY right wingers could discern the difference, they'd be a bit less stupid.

I found out long ago that fact do go well with either the left or right. It is really easy to deflect responsibility to the other side, thus there is no need to fix a thing, just blame the other guy and carry on down the same path.

I actually agree....However, the blame game goes to whomever does MORE of the irresponsible bribery.

For all the nitwits out there (you know who you are)...It is NOT a matter of who has the most money, the thread is about WHO is trying to use their wealth to "buy" government or bribe government officials.

So the "1%" are bad, unless they are your 1%, then they are good?

LOL, fucking Sorosites - hypocrisy above all else.

Two other factors:

First, Soros' (and this thread is not about him) outlay of funds is considerably LESS than the Koch brothers, and

Second, whereas Soros has social interests in his "bribery" of government, the Koch brothers pour their bribery money toward buying financial interests to benefit THEIR own bottom-line in their businesses.

If ONLY right wingers could discern the difference, they'd be a bit less stupid.

Soros is but one of many ultra-left elitists. His hate network is vast, far out pacing anything on the right. ThinkProgress, DailyKOS, MoveOn, AlterNET, Truthout, DemocraticUndreground, etc. The list of hate sites could fill pages. AND not all of them are funded directly by Soros, but the leftist hate network keeps them going.

The hatred you and other drones spew at the Koch brothers is just the typical hypocrisy of the left which opposes any speech save their own.

Let us not forget that the left has the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN all pimping for them as well.

Two other factors:

Soros is but one of many ultra-left elitists. His hate network is vast, far out pacing anything on the right. ThinkProgress, DailyKOS, MoveOn, AlterNET, Truthout, DemocraticUndreground, etc. The list of hate sites could fill pages. AND not all of them are funded directly by Soros, but the leftist hate network keeps them going.

The hatred you and other drones spew at the Koch brothers is just the typical hypocrisy of the left which opposes any speech save their own.

Let us not forget that the left has the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN all pimping for them as well.
They aren't hate sights. They are left sites. The only thing they hate is you and the right. They expose the evil shit you guys are doing to the middle class. You may not like the blame game but it isn't like the Democrats are the only ones playing. In fact look at how the GOP blamed Obama for the BP oil spill but now don't want to blame Snyder for giving Flint citizens Lead Poisoning. Hypocrites.

And if you could have any sights that are taken as seriously as lets say, the Huffington Post, then you would have them. But no one is going to buy into those lies. You know, hate sights like Rush limbaugh dot com or Drudge. Hate sights, right?

I actually agree....However, the blame game goes to whomever does MORE of the irresponsible bribery.

Who does is more guilty the one making the bribe or the one who accepts the bribe?

Last edited:

Two other factors:

They aren't hate sights. They are left sites. The only thing they hate is you and the right. They expose the evil shit you guys are doing to the middle class. You may not like the blame game but it isn't like the Democrats are the only ones playing. In fact look at how the GOP blamed Obama for the BP oil spill but now don't want to blame Snyder for giving Flint citizens Lead Poisoning. Hypocrites.

And if you could have any sights that are taken as seriously as lets say, the Huffington Post, then you would have them. But no one is going to buy into those lies. You know, hate sights like Rush limbaugh dot com or Drudge. Hate sights, right?

Hate sites like Salon, Media Matters, Mother Earth? Hate radio like Rhodes?

Then we have the deals the financial sector and unions got after Obama's election. Lots of payoffs in that stimulus money.

How many big financial executives were investigated or charged after the 2008 collapse?

Big business owns Congress and the Presidency, left or right doesn't matter.

Who does or accepts the bribe?

Of course, BOTH sides of the aisle accept what is less euphemistic termed as a "bribe"; they call it lobbyist contributions to their election or re-election campaign; the accept junkets, they flaunt the gifts (remember the ex-Gov. of VA?); they stuff cash in the freezer (remember the Dem. congressman from LA?).....The point was and is this: The wrong must be righted and the ridiculous amount of money that the Koch brothers are openly allocating to such a crooked influencing, should be the first target if for no other reason that the amount of funds allocated is staggering.

Who does is more guilty the one making the bribe or the one who accepts the bribe?

IS COMRADE SANDERS BRIBING VOTERS BY PROMISING THE PARASITES GOODIES IN EXCHANGE FOR VOTES.

bribe
brīb/
verb
verb: bribe; 3rd person present: bribes; past tense: bribed; past participle: bribed; gerund or present participle: bribing
1.​
persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

If you are happy with the ALEC agenda then I guess you are a right wing Republican.

ALEC Exposed

And if you think the Democratic agenda is as bad for the middle class as ALEC and the Koch brother's agenda then again that probably makes you a Republican.

And you may not like ALEC and things like Citizens United but they sure don't seem to bother you as much as the things the Democrats do because all I ever hear you do is either trash the democrats or defend the GOP. Lets see a little more fair and balance from you.

Who you voting for again? Who do you like? I forgot.

Of course, BOTH sides of the aisle accept what is less euphemistic termed as a "bribe"; they call it lobbyist contributions to their election or re-election campaign; the accept junkets, they flaunt the gifts (remember the ex-Gov. of VA?); they stuff cash in the freezer (remember the Dem. congressman from LA?).....The point was and is this: The wrong must be righted and the ridiculous amount of money that the Koch brothers are openly allocating to such a crooked influencing, should be the first target if for no other reason that the amount of funds allocated is staggering.

Then wouldn't it be Congresses responsibility to write the laws to stop it? As long as we permit it, it is going to happen and it is really disgusting.

But Papageorgio will provide cover and defend the Koch's and Citizens United. He'll change the subject from them to Soros. They just can't seem to go after their own. I'm perfectly happy with stopping Soros and the Koch's from having too much influence. No problem. Where do we start?

I wonder how many Republicans live in Flint, MI. Probably not many. LOL. And even with this Flint crisis, the GOP governor of Michigan poisoned the citizens of Flint because he was cheap like all Republicans when it comes to infrastructure and social services to the citizens, all to give his rich buddies a tax break, and even here the GOP have the nerve to blame the Flint City council when Snyder forced an Emergency Financial Manager on them and that very EFM's actions poisoned them. And then Snyder took 2 years to do anything about it.

And I find it funny they want to blame the Democrats for even Citizens United yet they know it was conservatives who pushed for it and passed it. Instead of taking money out of our politics they made money even more influential.

If you are happy with the ALEC agenda then I guess you are a right wing Republican.

ALEC Exposed

And if you think the Democratic agenda is as bad for the middle class as ALEC and the Koch brother's agenda then again that probably makes you a Republican.

And you may not like ALEC and things like Citizens United but they sure don't seem to bother you as much as the things the Democrats do because all I ever hear you do is either trash the democrats or defend the GOP. Lets see a little more fair and balance from you.

Who you voting for again? Who do you like? I forgot.

I don't like any of the candidates. The most sincere is probably Sanders but I disagree with him on many levels.

Why do I have to be fair and balanced for you? I already have made several statements that I don't like The Citizens United decision, already said both party's are to blame for the recession, already said the rich write laws for the rich, which would include both parties.

On this thread the claim seems to be the left is some how better than the right. Seems the left is just as picky with facts as the right.

persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

Following that "rationale", then, ANY promise made.....even by Jesus.....is considered a bribe.
Sanders certainly wants the oval office, but his promises ....if they could be delivered, benefits millions.

Then wouldn't it be Congresses responsibility to write the laws to stop it? As long as we permit it, it is going to happen and it is really disgusting.

Agreed!!!
The problem is that any solution rests in the hands of those who are benefiting from NOT solving the problem.

Two other factors:

Hate sites like Salon, Media Matters, Mother Earth? Hate radio like Rhodes?

Then we have the deals the financial sector and unions got after Obama's election. Lots of payoffs in that stimulus money.

How many big financial executives were investigated or charged after the 2008 collapse?

Big business owns Congress and the Presidency, left or right doesn't matter.

There is a little more accountability when you have people like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren around.

Goldman Sachs Will Pay $5 Billion To Settle Financial-Crisis Claims

"We are pleased to have reached an agreement in principle to resolve these matters," said Lloyd C. Blankfein, Goldman's chairman and chief executive officer.
Ever since the subprime mortgage crisis upended the global financial system, authorities (Elizabeth Warren) have been investigating a number of large financial institutions and their sale of mortgage-backed securities.
The investigations have centered on whether the banks misrepresented the real value of the assets.
Regulators have already won large multibillion-dollar settlements from several large banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup.

Forum List

Back