"U.S. Government FOR SALE"....Koch Brothers are the buyers

Convicted felon George Soros says thanks!

Stupid assertion (about "convicted felon")....an assertion made by Pajamas Media and other ultra right wing rags/blogs who are hoping to be sued by Soros for some much-needed notoriety

More right wing rags:
CBS:
Billionaire Soros Guilty Of Insider Trading

The Guardian:
French court convicts Soros of insider trading

FT.com:
Soros fails to quash insider trading conviction - FT.com

Bloomberg:
Soros Loses Case Against French Insider-Trading Conviction

Telegraph:
George Soros firm 'engaged in insider trading before buying Herbalife stake'

Let me guess. In 2 seconds you're going to rant the NY Times is a RW rag.

No.......first of all the NYT article states:

France’s insider trading laws were sufficiently clear at the time to hold Mr. Soros criminally responsible, even though a separate investigation by the country’s stock market regulator failed to find wrongdoing, the European Court of Human Rights ruled.

Second, a ruling in another foreign country has NO standing in the U.S.......and you are making the assertion that Soros was convicted in the U.S....If such were the standard, 3/4 of the billionaires in this country would be also convicted.

Look, I don't give a crap about Soros......all I know is that his "bribery" of politicians is mostly based on IDEOLOGY....while the Koch brothers' bribery is based on self-interest and profits for Koch Industries.

Let me guess. In 2 seconds you're going to rant the NY Times is a RW rag.

No.......first of all the NYT article states:

France’s insider trading laws were sufficiently clear at the time to hold Mr. Soros criminally responsible, even though a separate investigation by the country’s stock market regulator failed to find wrongdoing, the European Court of Human Rights ruled.

Second, a ruling in another foreign country has NO standing in the U.S.......and you are making the assertion that Soros was convicted in the U.S....If such were the standard, 3/4 of the billionaires in this country would be also convicted.

Look, I don't give a crap about Soros......all I know is that his "bribery" of politicians is mostly based on IDEOLOGY....while the Koch brothers' bribery is based on self-interest and profits for Koch Industries.
Defending Soros while attacking anyone else buying politicians.

Classic left wing loony.

The OP writer focused on the Koch brothers, with the implication only right leaning money is trying to buy the government. This was a heavily biased and hypocritical OP.

Does the AMOUNT of money spent to "bribe" a politician matter?
Yes, be the price $1 or $1 million still makes the bribed a whore, but one must admit that republican politicians are just a bit more expensive whores.

Really? Did you looked at Obama's billion dollar campaign budget? Who was the bigger whore in 2012? It looks like Obama by a long shot,over Romney.
Obama got more from the masses. He was truly grass roots. Hell I even donated once. Biggest mistake of my life. After that they hit me up constantly. They even sold my name to Hillary cause she bits me up too.

The OP writer focused on the Koch brothers, with the implication only right leaning money is trying to buy the government. This was a heavily biased and hypocritical OP.

Does the AMOUNT of money spent to "bribe" a politician matter?
Yes, be the price $1 or $1 million still makes the bribed a whore, but one must admit that republican politicians are just a bit more expensive whores.

Really? Did you looked at Obama's billion dollar campaign budget? Who was the bigger whore in 2012? It looks like Obama by a long shot,over Romney.
Obama got more from the masses. He was truly grass roots. Hell I even donated once. Biggest mistake of my life. After that they hit me up constantly. They even sold my name to Hillary cause she bits me up too.

Doesn't matter, he said whether it was a $1 or a million, still makes the bribe a whore.

I suppose a corporation should have the freedom to run commercials but we want to know who's behind those commercials. Citizens United doesn't sound nearly as bad as it is. That's what Republicans do. They pass a bill called the Freedom Bill or Support The Troops bill but in reality it does the exact opposite.

Learn the history, you are sounding really stupid.
We the People, Not We the Corporations

On January 21, 2010, with its ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are persons, entitled by the U.S. Constitution to buy elections and run our government. Human beings are people; corporations are legal fictions.
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens Unitedand other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
The Supreme Court is misguided in principle, and wrong on the law. In a democracy, the people rule.
We Move to Amend.

". . . corporations have no consciences, no beliefs, no feelings, no thoughts, no desires. Corporations help structure and facilitate the activities of human beings, to be sure, and their 'personhood' often serves as a useful legal fiction. But they are not themselves members of “We the People” by whom and for whom our Constitution was established."
~Supreme Court Justice Stevens, January 2010
We the People, Not We the Corporations | Move to Amend

Again, you aren't following history, you are cherry picking. The Democrats sold you out causing Citizens United to take a case to the Supreme Court. Had the Democrats not passed the bill to begin with, Citizens United would not of had a case.
That's not really true. At issue was McCain Feingold, which first of all was a bipartisan bill signed by W. Citizens United also overruled prior law holding that corp money could be restricted in politics.

The bill was supported by a large majority of Democrats and the majority Republicans voted against it. Bush signed it and at that time said he wasn't sure about the Constitutionality of the bill. Stupid for,him to do. But to say it was Bipartisan when only 52 Republicans voted yes and over 200 voted against it?

Really? How is that bipartisan?
You're so naive. Knowing they didn't need to vote for it to have it pass 200 Republicans didn't vote for it. I notice you're big on making excuses for the GOP. Sounds like you lean right just about as much as I lean left.

Anyway, tonight GOP Governor of Michigan had his state of the state and apologized for poisoning us with lead. All to save a buck. That's how the GOP runs things.

That's not really true. At issue was McCain Feingold, which first of all was a bipartisan bill signed by W. Citizens United also overruled prior law holding that corp money could be restricted in politics.

The bill was supported by a large majority of Democrats and the majority Republicans voted against it. Bush signed it and at that time said he wasn't sure about the Constitutionality of the bill. Stupid for,him to do. But to say it was Bipartisan when only 52 Republicans voted yes and over 200 voted against it?

McCain was a sponsor, and to be bipartisan you don't have to have a majority of both parties ... unless you're a member of the tea party.

McCain is an idiot, it didn't get bipartisan support, it was a Democratic bill.
oh bullshit. a third of the gopers in the freaking senate voted for it, and W signed it because it was bipartisan.

New math? 11 of 49 is a third? Interesting. Did I say Bush didn't sign it?

He made mention at the time questioning the Constitutionality of his bill. Had the Democrats not overwhelmingly passed the bill, it would have been history, Democrats wanted to secure their incumbency. Had it not been passed, there would have been no Citizens United.
Alito and Roberts, two bush appointees, got citizens united passed. Now you see how important 2000 was to Republicans and the rich. They implemented bushanomics and screwed the global economy and you blame pelosi. The Republicans are a joke but yet they've conned half the middle class. Amazing but I know we can live together. America needs cons and needs liberals. We need rich people and the world needs ditch diggers. I get it

On January 21, 2010, with its ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are persons, entitled by the U.S. Constitution to buy elections and run our government. Human beings are people; corporations are legal fictions.
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens Unitedand other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
The Supreme Court is misguided in principle, and wrong on the law. In a democracy, the people rule.
We Move to Amend.

". . . corporations have no consciences, no beliefs, no feelings, no thoughts, no desires. Corporations help structure and facilitate the activities of human beings, to be sure, and their 'personhood' often serves as a useful legal fiction. But they are not themselves members of “We the People” by whom and for whom our Constitution was established."

Again, you aren't following history, you are cherry picking. The Democrats sold you out causing Citizens United to take a case to the Supreme Court. Had the Democrats not passed the bill to begin with, Citizens United would not of had a case.

You're so naive. Knowing they didn't need to vote for it to have it pass 200 Republicans didn't vote for it. I notice you're big on making excuses for the GOP. Sounds like you lean right just about as much as I lean left.

Anyway, tonight GOP Governor of Michigan had his state of the state and apologized for poisoning us with lead. All to save a buck. That's how the GOP runs things.
Governor is responsible for testing water?
Oh good, we have Jerry Brown (Dim) who owns the worst environmental disaster since the BP oil spill with no end in sight to get it contained.

What I find interesting is that my O/P was put here in late April of last year, and for some reason (could it be Trump-related?) its found a new "audience".
I heard a story about Fred koch. He did business with the Nazis and he raised his sons to be Nazis. Russia fucked Fred koch so he hated communism. His sons are behind all the middle class legislation and policies passed like citizens united.

And what do Republicans do? They change the subject to Soros or that some past policy or legislation passed by the Democrats is what led to the Citizens United decision by the obviously right leaning Supreme Court. Theyre masters of spin these USMB Republicans because they've been trained well by Fox and rush

We Move to Amend.

No I tire of your excuses for the left. I'm smart enough to know both parties are whores, you seem to think the democrats are above all that.

We Move to Amend.

Governor is responsible for testing water?
Oh good, we have Jerry Brown (Dim) who owns the worst environmental disaster since the BP oil spill with no end in sight to get it contained.
Snyder's emergency managers poisoned us. God damn right Snyder's responsible. Oh now please tell me this is someone else's fault.

Or that you'd be so gracious if it were a democratic governor. No one desputes this is Rick Snyder's fault.

Like bush appointed buddies who didn't know what they were doing to important positions like the head of FEMA rick Snyder appointed an emergency manager to the city of flint who didn't know what he was doing and poisoned those people.

If hillary is guilty of ben ghazi Snyder is absolutely guilty

McCain was a sponsor, and to be bipartisan you don't have to have a majority of both parties ... unless you're a member of the tea party.

oh bullshit. a third of the gopers in the freaking senate voted for it, and W signed it because it was bipartisan.

He made mention at the time questioning the Constitutionality of his bill. Had the Democrats not overwhelmingly passed the bill, it would have been history, Democrats wanted to secure their incumbency. Had it not been passed, there would have been no Citizens United.
Alito and Roberts, two bush appointees, got citizens united passed. Now you see how important 2000 was to Republicans and the rich. They implemented bushanomics and screwed the global economy and you blame pelosi. The Republicans are a joke but yet they've conned half the middle class. Amazing but I know we can live together. America needs cons and needs liberals. We need rich people and the world needs ditch diggers. I get it

The collapse of 2008 was forecasted in the mid-90s, it was going happen, no one could stop it. Companies were spending and expanding beyond their means, citizens were buying on credit and not saving money. They were living beyond their means. The dot com bubble burst in 2000 and we went to the housing bubble. Citizens United would never had come to the Supreme Court had CFR not of happened.

The collapse of 2008 was forecasted in the mid-90s, it was going happen, no one could stop it. Companies were spending and expanding beyond their means, citizens were buying on credit and not saving money. They were living beyond their means. The dot com bubble burst in 2000 and we went to the housing bubble. Citizens United would never had come to the Supreme Court had CFR not of happened.

Nonsense. The DOT COM Bubble Burst and the economy died and GW's 1st term was DULL.
Upon commencement of his 2nd term, Derivatives, and thus Jumbo Mortgages for anyone who could breathe, went hog wild.

We Move to Amend.

No I tire of your excuses for the left. I'm smart enough to know both parties are whores, you seem to think the democrats are above all that.
I think if we're going to take this country back its going to be through the democratic party. Then maybe the gop's behavior will change. I don't think the GOP have anything to offer the middle class. If you believe their talking points or that they are sincere then we will have to agree to disagree.

You can't convince me that the Republican Party is the party for me. The only way I'm going to ever be convinced is for them to take control back and lead well. the last time it didn't work out so well. And if you think the Bush years were good that's another one we're just going to have to agree to disagree on

I think if we're going to take this country back its going to be through the democratic party. Then maybe the gop's behavior will change. I don't think the GOP have anything to offer the middle class. If you believe their talking points or that they are sincere then we will have to agree to disagree.

You can't convince me that the Republican Party is the party for me. The only way I'm going to ever be convinced is for them to take control back and lead well. the last time it didn't work out so well. And if you think the Bush years were good that's another one we're just going to have to agree to disagree on

Cocaine's good also! Until your brain hemorrhages.

Forum List

Back