Turkey ready to enter northern Iraq

If you think the USA will not respond to an Invasion of Iraq, I suggest you rethink your position. As for your last post, I see Turkey is NOT interested in a diplomatic solution. If the US destroys your military in Iraq, do not come crying to us.

indeed.. EVERY muslim nation should expect to deal with rebel kurds or face the mighty switch of the US of A!

one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, eh?

rich.

indeed.. EVERY muslim nation should expect to deal with rebel kurds or face the mighty switch of the US of A!

one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, eh?

rich.

Was that a suggestion to me seeing Al-Qaeda as freedom-Fighters or what do you want to say?

@RetiredGySgt

Please take time to read the link precisely:
Turkey has, on various occasions, warned Iraq on presence of terrorist organizations in the country and requested that action be taken against the same. However, Iraq seemed to be hesitant on the issue.

Even joint action groups against terrorism were on the agenda but the Iraqi government preferred to turn a blind eye on the proposals.

Now after 600 deads since beginnning of last year and many injured people you want to talk?
Turkey did talk for many years without results.
Now war machinery rolls, someone will get punished and eliminated.
Noone is able to destroy our army.

Was that a suggestion to me seeing Al-Qaeda as freedom-Fighters or what do you want to say?

@RetiredGySgt

Please take time to read the link precisely:

Now after 600 deads since beginnning of last year and many injured people you want to talk?
Turkey did talk for many years without results.
Now war machinery rolls, someone will get punished and eliminated.
Noone is able to destroy our army.

Your delusional if you think Turkey can beat the US army.

Your delusional if you think Turkey can beat the US army.

I do not say Turkey will beat US army. I respond to your words, that USA is able to destroy Turkish army.
Turkish army will take losses and inflict losses.
You as someone who names himself RetiredGySgt imply that USA pushes on a button and 1 second after that Turkish army is no more?
:lol:
Seargent, this is war not visible from today when it ends, and which factors will influence this war. It is no computer game.

hehehe..

yes.. our invisable force field will make them evil turks fear the good ole US of A!

you might look quite stupid if russia decided to hop in the mix...

Putin says missile test was a reply to U.S. moves
Thu May 31, 2007 8:20 AM ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's test firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile on Tuesday was in response to U.S. steps that have upset the strategic balance, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.

Putin also said the United States had initiated a new round of the arms race.

"Our American partners have left the ABM (Anti-Ballistic Missile) Treaty. We have warned them then that we will come out with a response to maintain the strategic balance in the world," Putin told a news conference. "We conducted a test of a new strategic ballistic missile with multiple warheads, and of a new cruise missile, and will continue to improve our resources."

"We are not the initiators of this new round of the arms race," said Putin.

http://today.reuters.com/misc/Print...L31477871_RTRUKOC_0_US-RUSSIA-USA-MISSILE.xml

:eusa_dance:

I do not say Turkey will beat US army. I respond to your words, that USA is able to destroy Turkish army.
Turkish army will take losses and inflict losses.
You as someone who names himself RetiredGySgt imply that USA pushes on a button and 1 second after that Turkish army is no more?
:lol:
Seargent, this is war no computer game.

Are you really that ignorant of the consequences if your country provokes an attack by the US?

You have the high ground now, your absolutely right, the US should pressure Iraq Kurds or act on their own to solve this problem.... AS soon as your troops cross the boarder you will be sorry. You will go from being right to being dead.

why is it that gynosarge's posts sound like lines cut from "For A Few Dollars More"?

why is it that gynosarge's posts sound like lines cut from "For A Few Dollars More"?

Yes borders in the middle east need to be redrawn, not by Kurdish or USA imaginary maps but redrawn by Turkey.
Turkey should take up the arms and show who is boss around here!

Kurdish rebels who have the US support to carve out land from Turkey...

talk about a PATTERN.

ironically, he hates the idea of Mexicans doing the EXACT SAME THING to the US of A.

rich!

Kurdish rebels who have the US support to carve out land from Turkey...

talk about a PATTERN.

ironically, he hates the idea of Mexicans doing the EXACT SAME THING to the US of A.

rich!

Today, i want to make this clear, some NATO-allies support terrorism against Turkey.
We feel very disappointed from this situation. If you do see realities, you have to act against it. Biggest threat is not reacting. I will give you an example:
Terrorists in Turkey use mines, A4 and C4 explosives. These materials they do not buy from supermarket.
Today in NATO-states terrorists make propaganda via own TV-stations and own newspaperrs against Turkey, allthough officially these terrorists are accepted as terrorists from them, too.
NATO-countries do not make anything against this, as long these terrorists do not stir unrest in their conutry.
Some of our NATO-allies use these Terrorists also as foreign policy tool against Turkey.
From history we see, that Terror is not directable and it will hit them in boomerang effect.
We as Turkish Armed Forces are fully confident to pay our duty in this Anti-Terror war.
But i have to say again, our allies support Terrorists against the unitarian, secularist and social character of our republic.
How can we as allies can come to one position in fighting Terrorism?

http://www.sabah.com.tr/2007/05/31/haber,0C0E43EFDC724B629B8A346659BF15FA.html

It is clear enough what our army says.

Considering your link is in Turkish, er, no it ain't...

"There are countries directly and/or indirectly supporting PKK terrorism, among our (NATO) allies
(...)
"Land mines used in Turkey and explosives such as C4, A3, A4 which are used in every murder in Turkey are not bought from supermarkets"
(...)
"Countries (backing terrorism for political purposes) use double standard in combating terrorism, and turn a blind eye to activities of persons or organizations that do not stage terrorist attacks on their own territories. Incidents prove that these countries are unable to control terrorism, backed or created by themselves, and terrorism hits those countries in the end,"
(...)
"What makes us sad about the fight against terrorism, which threatens our identity and our country as a democratic, secular, social state of law, is that these terrorist activities are backed by some countries that are trying to teach us lessons on human rights. Some institutions (in those countries) have grown to become terrorist associations. I'd like to ask how a joint fight against terrorism is possible under such circumstances,"

http://www.thenewanatolian.com/tna-26888.html

This is of course better English, but useing slang. You will notice on the part with boomerang-effect.
I translated word to word from Turkish original from this link without slang:

"There are countries directly and/or indirectly supporting PKK terrorism, among our (NATO) allies
(...)
"Land mines used in Turkey and explosives such as C4, A3, A4 which are used in every murder in Turkey are not bought from supermarkets"
(...)
"Countries (backing terrorism for political purposes) use double standard in combating terrorism, and turn a blind eye to activities of persons or organizations that do not stage terrorist attacks on their own territories. Incidents prove that these countries are unable to control terrorism, backed or created by themselves, and terrorism hits those countries in the end,"
(...)
"What makes us sad about the fight against terrorism, which threatens our identity and our country as a democratic, secular, social state of law, is that these terrorist activities are backed by some countries that are trying to teach us lessons on human rights. Some institutions (in those countries) have grown to become terrorist associations. I'd like to ask how a joint fight against terrorism is possible under such circumstances,"

http://www.thenewanatolian.com/tna-26888.html

This is of course better English, but useing slang. You will notice on the part with boomerang-effect.
I translated word to word from Turkish original from this link without slang:

Canavar, I've said for a long time, Turkey will do what it thinks it needs to do. US likewise. EU likewise. NATO likewise. Time will tell how it will shake out.

Canavar, I've said for a long time, Turkey will do what it thinks it needs to do. US likewise. EU likewise. NATO likewise. Time will tell how it will shake out.

Yes, correct.
It is obviously clear, that NATO itself has become a security threat to Turkey.
And like you said, that you said something particular for a long time, i said for long time that i am not the person to push the button to let things start.
Waiting and waiting. But it will come, maybe you think i am a fool, as i in past frequentially came to this board and talked about invasion. But these were all speculations.
Today it is official from army.

We will indeed see what new order in this region will be.
Turkey from military point was for many years out of news attention, maybe some people having illusions of Turkey's strength.
International media star was Iran.
We without USA factor in this region, are able to kick asses simultaneously.

If USA and Turkey make war, which i despite some provocations here, don't believe, Turkish army and Iranian Army will shake hands in Bagdad.

Yes, correct.
It is obviously clear, that NATO itself has become a security threat to Turkey.
And like you said, that you said something particular for a long time, i said for long time that i am not the person to push the button to let things start.
Waiting and waiting. But it will come, maybe you think i am a fool, as i in past frequentially came to this board and talked about invasion. But these were all speculations.
Today it is official from army.

We will indeed see what new order in this region will be.
Turkey from military point was for many years out of news attention, maybe some people having illusions of Turkey's strength.
International media star was Iran.
We without USA factor in this region, are able to kick asses simultaneously.

If USA and Turkey make war, which i despite some provocations here, don't believe, Turkish army and Iranian Army will shake hands in Bagdad.

Seriously, I know I've been hard on you, but I agree, things are coming to a showdown. My guess, Turkey is going Islamic. Out of NATO, EU, west in general. Good choice? Time will tell.

Seriously, I know I've been hard on you, but I agree, things are coming to a showdown. My guess, Turkey is going Islamic. Out of NATO, EU, west in general. Good choice? Time will tell.

You will see on 22th July which direction Turkey goes.
AKP government is supported by USA and EU, and they will carry Turkey into EU.
It is in EU's as well as USA's interest to weaken Turkey's secularist character.
AKP is in long run, the best tool for this.
Other parties in Turkey, those who you would call secularists, are in isolationistic and nationalist mood.
Some of them wanting to quit NATO, some of them want to stop EU process.

It is not always as it seems.
But no matter what, Turkey's plan B is not Arab world, but Russia and Central Asia.

You will see on 22th July which direction Turkey goes.
AKP government is supported by USA and EU, and they will carry Turkey into EU.
It is in EU's as well as USA's interest to weaken Turkey's secularist character.
AKP is in long run, the best tool for this.
Other parties in Turkey, those who you would call secularists, are in isolationistic and nationalist mood.
Some of them wanting to quit NATO, some of them want to stop EU process.

It is not always as it seems.
But no matter what, Turkey's plan B is not Arab world, but Russia and Central Asia.
May well be, as you can see on other threads, Russia is going USSR again, IMO. Tie yourself to their kite-it may well fly.

I'm doubting US and UK ability at this point, so you may have picked the winners.

Forum List

Back