If this is progress...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bullypulpit, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    ...I can only wonder at what hell regression must be.

<blockquote> Police said they believed a suicide bomber was involved. Twenty-three people were injured in the attack.

The cafe, in Baghdad's highly fortified Green Zone, is for MPs and their staff, some of whom were having lunch there.

Earlier, a bomb on a bridge in Baghdad killed at least eight people and sent several cars into the River Tigris. - <a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6548337.stm>BBC News</a>

The peace of the Emerald City was shattered and a bridge went crashing into the Tigris River, This as John McCain and Lindsey Graham talk to the press after briefing the President on their trip to Iraq and the 'progress being made there.

Bush's statements on the attack typically miss the mark.

<blockquote>``There is a type of person that would walk in that building and kill innocent life and that is the same type of person that is willing to come and kill innocent Americans,'' Bush said. ``And it is in our interest to help this young democracy be in a position so it can sustain itself and govern itself and defend itself against these extremists and radicals.'' - <a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6552318,00.html>Guardian Unlimited</a>

The point he missed here, is that it was a Sunni killing Shi'ias, another act of internecine violence in the civil war our troops are now caught in the middle of. Yessiree...That surge sure is workin' by damn.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    bump.

3. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Maybe San Fran Nan should go over there and have peace talks with the suicide bombers, and shower the suicide bombers with liberal hugs and kisses, just as she did with Assad and wants to do with Adolf Ahmadinejad.

4. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Perhaps the Republicans who accompanied her could do the same.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Bully, not one person gave a 'they'll greet us with flowers' speech when introducing the surge. In fact, there were plenty of caveats including that the toll to armed troops, whether US, Iraqi military, Iraqi police might well spike.

Since it began, the civilian casualties have been falling. The Anbar province appears so far, to be not only stabalizing, but the civilians there are now cooperating with the coalition. Baghdad also is more calm, not calm, more calm.

Yes, there have been problems now outside the zones, but they are being addressed, with both US and Iraqi responses.

You are determined to ignore what is positive. Is there the teeniest possibility you just want to tag failure on the administration, at the cost of the troops?

6. Creek_George

Creek_George Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    The Republicans went over to Syria as well just after Nancy....They wanted there meeting with Assad low profile...Bush should of shunned them as well....but obviously each side is against the other..so I'll just leave it at that....If we have the Swiss being the go betweens for us...we're still talking...Just not face..to face.

If the guy will talk..and a sit down is possible..I'm sure neither side does it just for the enjoyment of a sit down...

I just can't believe things get worse after a talk with one's foe....It shed light..proves a point..or can lead to further talks in trying to accomplish something.

(quote)
    Even....some Democrats and some Republicans say the refusal of dialogue has closed doors to possible progress in resolving Mideast crises.
    (quote)

One of the biggest problems with Syria..is it's stance with Israel......The only way shit is gona get better over there..is to talk,negotiate...

Nobody wants a war in the middle east....It's alot better Nancy went there...than Hillary...Can we meet half way...See what I mean?...hahaha...:)

As long as she means well...to talk has never hurt..And ya can't compare any of this middle east crap to Adolf Hitler scenarios..

As far as proggress this surge is working?...I don't know...I feel we are just prolonging for whatever is gona happen over there....

Progress that maybe we can get the hell outa there..is gona be the only victory will ever achieve there...As the generals say...Can't say for sure we'll be able to tell if there is progress till this summer...

The crack down is saving Iraqi life in Baghdad as it looks...but like Kathy said..it is picking up elsewhere in Iraq.

I do feel this administration is to blame & Bush personaly.

It's sad if the only victory out of this whole dam thing is our withdrawl off Iraqi soil........What did we accomplish?...What will Iraq's future be....

Creek

7. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Had I seen anything positive coming out of Iraq, I would be gladdened. But I haven't. As for your assertion that civilian casualties are falling, can you provide the documentation to support it?

A report released just Thursday by the ICRC, states that little noticeable improvement in the security of Iraqi civilians has come to pass since the start of the "surge". And the strain on the Iraqi already devastated Iraqi health care system as a result of the ongoing violence is growing rapidly. The violence coupled with the country's crumbling infrastructure led the ICRC to voice serious concerns that a humanitarian crisis of monumental proportions is in the offing.

Please, dear lady, cease this parroting of the Bush administration talking points. You are smarter than that, and you are more than capable of thinking for yourself.

8. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

BP supports the new Dem Iraq battle plan

It is real easy

A white flag

9. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Still unable to form a cogent argument, I see. Care to actually address the issue instead of resorting to insults any half-bright eight year-old could outdo? No need to answer. You record here has show you incapable of better. Dismissed.

10. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I have

Your Dems have come up with several different positions in the last few days

If anyone should come up with a plan it is the party that is supposed to be running things

I know you are in a fould mood BP. Your beloved Congres has lower poll numbers then Pres Bush

Dismissed son.