TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

Or at least that particular agent was insufficiently trained on how to investigate a passenger with a urine bag attached to himself.

That may be. But not to be picky, where in the article does it say the man ever informed the agents of his medical issues or explained about how to handle the seal?

All I saw was that the guy asked for private screening. As for his characterization of the responses he received, I'm not going to comment.

Maybe we should check and see who is making money by selling these fucking machines.

Or at least that particular agent was insufficiently trained on how to investigate a passenger with a urine bag attached to himself.

That may be. But not to be picky, where in the article does it say the man ever informed the agents of his medical issues or explained about how to handle the seal?

All I saw was that the guy asked for private screening. As for his characterization of the responses he received, I'm not going to comment.

Oh, I know...I thought of that too..Like why wasn't the guy anticipating concern on account of his condition and prepared with a medical note or something. Simple communication is key here, but many people would rather take a random story without all the facts and run hysterically with it...

RadiomanATL said:
Yeah, cause the TSA agents are totally untrained in how to deal with the public.

you believe that? or is my sarcasm detector on the fritz today?

I believe that there is no way that they can be trained sufficiently and perform according to this training, and still do their job in an efficient manner.

The two are mutually exclusive. Surely I'm not the only one that recognizes this. Therefore they must only receive basic training in that regard.

Oh, I know...I thought of that too..Like why wasn't the guy anticipating concern on account of his condition and prepared with a medical note or something. Simple communication is key here, but many people would rather take a random story without all the facts and run hysterically with it...

because this is an intentional effort to try to force the TSA to profile muslims... so every day it's story after story... (as if timothy mcveigh was a muslim, eh?)

most of them appear to be based in lies and half truths. but that's what propagandists do.

i have no doubt there are some sucky agents. but i also know that they're constantly trained.

nor are they "minimum wage" or "just above minimum wage" workers as some people are fond of stating as a means to put them in the same league as the folks who say "you want fries with that?"

just sayin

because this is an intentional effort to try to force the TSA to profile muslims... so every day it's story after story... (as if timothy mcveigh was a muslim, eh?)

most of them appear to be based in lies and half truths. but that's what propagandists do.

i have no doubt there are some sucky agents. but i also know that they're constantly trained.

nor are they "minimum wage" or "just above minimum wage" workers as some people are fond of stating as a means to put them in the same league as the folks who say "you want fries with that?"

just sayin

Yep, I agree...

Should TSA agents be taught to perform a Pap smear and to evaluate for prostate cancer?

Methinks they should. It would unburden our medical system.

Should TSA agents be taught to perform a Pap smear and to evaluate for prostate cancer?

Methinks they should. It would unburden our medical system.

That's it! :lol: Have a medical doctor stand-by at each airport screening and we could detect tumors while we're at it! And bonus, these free xrays would be covered under HIPPA! It could be a real win/win for the community!

you don't really believe a word of this stuff, do you?

good to see the whingers who want profiling are doing their propaganda job...

You refuse to believe that a TSA agent would examine a catheter bag on someone going through screening? Wouldn't they be required to ensure that it had less than 3 ounces of liquid inside it, and to test that liquid to be sure it was not actually a dangerous chemical? Or that such an examination might accidentally cause some of the contents of that bag to spill and leak down the passengers leg?

What I do not understand is your adamant refusal to admit the possibility that something like this might happen.

This guy is the best! I read about him early last week and I hope everyone else says the same. What I've seen really isn't a pat down, it is disgusting and I hope people stop flying because of it.

(And have the agent arrested)

I don't think that guy is great at all..Or this pant wetter guy either. They both ASKED to be patted down BECAUSE they refused the body scanner. IMO the body scanner is no big deal and the drama queens who have been causing a big fuss over it are undermining our transportation safety unnecessarily and spreading unreasonable fear as if essential liberties are being given up by going through an xray machine in order to board a plane.

Legal precedent has been set whereby this type of administrative search passes 4th amendment muster! Random episodes and a multitude of quotes plastered all over the internet only want to create drama and make it into something that it's not...

This guy did not ask to be patted down, nor did he refuse to go through the scanner. That makes your inability to feel sympathy for him a complete failure. Do you also blame rape victims because they dress the wrong way, or are in the wrong part of town?

Legal precedent has nothing whatsoever to do with what is happening today in our airports.

How sad & tragic. What will the TSA thugs come up with next?...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkCpnCm7iM[/ame]

Read the fucking article before you ask questions.

Sawyer wears pants two sizes too large in order to accommodate the medical equipment he wears. He’d taken off his belt to go through the scanner and once in the office with security personnel, his pants fell down around his ankles. “I had to ask twice if it was OK to pull up my shorts,” said Sawyer, “And every time I tried to tell them about my medical condition, they said they didn’t need to know about that.”
Before starting the enhanced pat-down procedure, a security officer did tell him what they were going to do and how they were going to it, but Sawyer said it wasn’t until they asked him to remove his sweatshirt and saw his urostomy bag that they asked any questions about his medical condition.
“One agent watched as the other used his flat hand to go slowly down my chest. I tried to warn him that he would hit the bag and break the seal on my bag, but he ignored me. Sure enough, the seal was broken and urine started dribbling down my shirt and my leg and into my pants.”
No wonder you post like you do.

Last edited:
This is the kind of world living in FEAR gives you.

Be pround you cons.

Obama has been in charge of Homeland Security for almost two years. This new procedure was created and implemented by his administration. At what point do you start holding him accountable?

The virtual strip search scanners began under Bush.

As did the laws that have lead us to this moment. Many of the people on this board who are crying outrage about the TSA under Obama had absolutely no problem with the TSA under Bush. Nor did they have a problem with the Patriot Act until it became a issue that was not a winning one. I'm not saying you're one of those folks DTMB but it is certainly something I think about when I'm reading these threads.

This is the kind of world living in FEAR gives you.

Be pround you cons.

Obama has been in charge of Homeland Security for almost two years. This new procedure was created and implemented by his administration. At what point do you start holding him accountable?

This is true, but ignored. My husband and I were in Nassau in 2004, and I went to the ladies room shortly before boarding because I don't like the bathrooms on the plane. When I came out, the security guard who had been talking to my husband, called me over and I had to taken my jacket and shoes and belt off again, and again they searched my purse. I was being treated like a criminal because I went into the ladies room right before the flight.

This guy is the best! I read about him early last week and I hope everyone else says the same. What I've seen really isn't a pat down, it is disgusting and I hope people stop flying because of it.

(And have the agent arrested)

I don't think that guy is great at all..Or this pant wetter guy either. They both ASKED to be patted down BECAUSE they refused the body scanner. IMO the body scanner is no big deal and the drama queens who have been causing a big fuss over it are undermining our transportation safety unnecessarily and spreading unreasonable fear as if essential liberties are being given up by going through an xray machine in order to board a plane.

Legal precedent has been set whereby this type of administrative search passes 4th amendment muster! Random episodes and a multitude of quotes plastered all over the internet only want to create drama and make it into something that it's not...

This guy did not ask to be patted down, nor did he refuse to go through the scanner. That makes your inability to feel sympathy for him a complete failure. Do you also blame rape victims because they dress the wrong way, or are in the wrong part of town?

Legal precedent has nothing whatsoever to do with what is happening today in our airports.

Yeah, radioman already pointed that out and I responded accordingly...This particular man from the OP with a urine bag attached to himself, did not ASK to be hand searched, but certainly you can comprehend the need for security to do so...?

The rest of what you said about sympathy and rape victims is complete tripe.

As did the laws that have lead us to this moment. Many of the people on this board who are crying outrage about the TSA under Obama had absolutely no problem with the TSA under Bush. Nor did they have a problem with the Patriot Act until it became a issue that was not a winning one. I'm not saying you're one of those folks DTMB but it is certainly something I think about when I'm reading these threads.

Wrong. The laws that led to this began way before Bush even thought about being president. They date back to the first inspection of carry on luggage after a few planes were hijacked. That was in the 60s, I think.

Forum List

Back