TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

I don't think that guy is great at all..Or this pant wetter guy either. They both ASKED to be patted down BECAUSE they refused the body scanner. IMO the body scanner is no big deal and the drama queens who have been causing a big fuss over it are undermining our transportation safety unnecessarily and spreading unreasonable fear as if essential liberties are being given up by going through an xray machine in order to board a plane.

Legal precedent has been set whereby this type of administrative search passes 4th amendment muster! Random episodes and a multitude of quotes plastered all over the internet only want to create drama and make it into something that it's not...

This guy did not ask to be patted down, nor did he refuse to go through the scanner. That makes your inability to feel sympathy for him a complete failure. Do you also blame rape victims because they dress the wrong way, or are in the wrong part of town?

Legal precedent has nothing whatsoever to do with what is happening today in our airports.

Yeah, radioman already pointed that out and I responded accordingly...This particular man from the OP with a urine bag attached to himself, did not ASK to be hand searched, but certainly you can comprehend the need for security to do so...?

The rest of what you said about sympathy and rape victims is complete tripe.

No it is not. Even if he had asked to be hand searched because he was worried about x-ray exposure for any reason, like being a cancer survivor, he did not deserve what happened. That is why I asked about the rape tripe,

Last edited:
Here is a news report about more abuses taking place at the hands of TSA Nazis.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-jdDE6bFow[/ame]

Or at least that particular agent was insufficiently trained on how to investigate a passenger with a urine bag attached to himself.

That may be. But not to be picky, where in the article does it say the man ever informed the agents of his medical issues or explained about how to handle the seal?

All I saw was that the guy asked for private screening. As for his characterization of the responses he received, I'm not going to comment.

Read the fucking article before you ask questions.

No wonder you're called.....Quantam Windbag.

:eusa_whistle:

because this is an intentional effort to try to force the TSA to profile muslims... so every day it's story after story... (as if timothy mcveigh was a muslim, eh?)

most of them appear to be based in lies and half truths. but that's what propagandists do.

i have no doubt there are some sucky agents. but i also know that they're constantly trained.

nor are they "minimum wage" or "just above minimum wage" workers as some people are fond of stating as a means to put them in the same league as the folks who say "you want fries with that?"

just sayin

Last edited:
That may be. But not to be picky, where in the article does it say the man ever informed the agents of his medical issues or explained about how to handle the seal?

All I saw was that the guy asked for private screening. As for his characterization of the responses he received, I'm not going to comment.

because this is an intentional effort to try to force the TSA to profile muslims... so every day it's story after story... (as if timothy mcveigh was a muslim, eh?)

most of them appear to be based in lies and half truths. but that's what propagandists do.

i have no doubt there are some sucky agents. but i also know that they're constantly trained.

nor are they "minimum wage" or "just above minimum wage" workers as some people are fond of stating as a means to put them in the same league as the folks who say "you want fries with that?"

just sayin

So the part where she asked about him explaining his medical condition gets edited out because...

I am not called Quantum Windbag, I chose that name because it allows me to use hyperbole, or just be an outright asshole, when the need arises. Jillian repeatedly defends the TSA, refuses to admit except under duress that they are less than perfect, and is an all around statist when it comes to privacy. Are you trying to join that elite crowd?

I really can't believe smart people are falling for this propaganda crap as if civil liberties are being compromised by securing our commercial air transportation designed to protect the public...Some of you want so badly to personally attack Jillian that you can't see her points as ESPECIALLY valid coming from a liberal who is clearly also concerned with personal liberties on a regular basis.

jillian said:

I really can't believe smart people are falling for this propaganda crap as if civil liberties are being compromised by securing our commercial air transportation designed to protect the public...Some of you want so badly to personally attack Jillian that you can't see her points as ESPECIALLY valid coming from a liberal who is clearly also concerned with personal liberties on a regular basis.

jillian said:

What is wrong with propaganda? Nothing posted in this thread is a lie, or even a distortion, other than the attempts to defende the TSA by people claiming he asked to be frisked, or that he did not explain his medical condition. Exactly who is it that is engaging in propaganda?

Or at least that particular agent was insufficiently trained on how to investigate a passenger with a urine bag attached to himself.

Yes, he did ask for and receive a private screening where I do have sympathy for how he was treated, however as you said, none of us knows what really happened there.

jillian said:

What is wrong with propaganda? Nothing posted in this thread is a lie, or even a distortion, other than the attempts to defende the TSA by people claiming he asked to be frisked, or that he did not explain his medical condition. Exactly who is it that is engaging in propaganda?

It's just that this man under these circumstances does not an entire policy make..

Yes, he did ask for and receive a private screening where I do have sympathy for how he was treated, however as you said, none of us knows what really happened there.

I know he was forced to undergo an invasive search by our government. Details do not matter after we understand that because the principle is that we should not have to be treated like criminals unless we are criminals.

It's just that this man under these circumstances does not an entire policy make..

No, this man is emblematic of the policy. Why should a person that suffers a medical condition have to explain it to flunkies at an airport? Doesn't he have a right not to have his medical condition become the knowledge of complete strangers, or did we loose our right to privacy on 9/11 too?

Oh spare us your phony concern for civil rights. Do you think this nationwide backlash by the people started for absolutely no reason? We've provided you with countless examples of the abuses people are experiencing at the hands of TSA. If you think that is acceptable treatment of people then you're nothing but a vile hypocrite. Live free or die, my ass.

Oh spare us your phony concern for civil rights. Do you think this nationwide backlash by the people started for absolutely no reason? We've provided you with countless examples of the abuses people are experiencing at the hands of TSA. If you think that is acceptable treatment of people then you're nothing but a vile hypocrite. Live free or die, my ass.

No surprise you imagine your own false characterizations amount to anything either.

Who can blame men like you for not wanting the TSA to see their small penis...? :lol:

most of those "experiences" have been proven to be lies.

and of course there's a reason... the loons want muslims profiled.

and if it were george bush doing this, the rightwingnuts would be just fine.

so let's be honest about what's really going on.

so who are really the hypocrites?

why do they want muslims profiled? McVeigh wasn't a Muslim.

why do they want muslims profiled? McVeigh wasn't a Muslim.

i agree with you, they're idiots.

just sayin

So the part where she asked about him explaining his medical condition gets edited out because...

I am not called Quantum Windbag, I chose that name because it allows me to use hyperbole, or just be an outright asshole, when the need arises. Jillian repeatedly defends the TSA, refuses to admit except under duress that they are less than perfect, and is an all around statist when it comes to privacy. Are you trying to join that elite crowd?
Most of the shit posted on this forum about the TSA turns out to be overblown, hysterical bullshit.

And a lot of it comes from you, via Americablog. :lol:

Profiling.. eh.. need a new word...

There's bound to be abuses in the system, 1) overzealous inspectors feeling up your junk.. 2) overzealous x-ray techs seeing your junk..3) is this X-ray harmful to your health.

The idea that my Gals would be enhanced inspected is completely nuts and I can see no reason for it, and they have been. The fact that you can be arrested/fined, your privacy invaded and I'm not sure that you have defined rights.

Common sense would seem like the answer.. inspect the likely candidates.

If that involved some form of, "profiling" so be it...

(This kind of stuff should be blown out of proportion regularly).. it helps..

Forum List

Back