TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

RadiomanATL said:
Yeah, cause the TSA agents are totally untrained in how to deal with the public.

you believe that? or is my sarcasm detector on the fritz today?

I believe that there is no way that they can be trained sufficiently and perform according to this training, and still do their job in an efficient manner.

The two are mutually exclusive. Surely I'm not the only one that recognizes this. Therefore they must only receive basic training in that regard.
are you saying common sense and courtesy can not be trained?

Obama has been in charge of Homeland Security for almost two years. This new procedure was created and implemented by his administration. At what point do you start holding him accountable?

The virtual strip search scanners began under Bush.

This is true, but ignored. My husband and I were in Nassau in 2004, and I went to the ladies room shortly before boarding because I don't like the bathrooms on the plane. When I came out, the security guard who had been talking to my husband, called me over and I had to taken my jacket and shoes and belt off again, and again they searched my purse. I was being treated like a criminal because I went into the ladies room right before the flight.
was the ladies room outside the security zone?

Oh spare us your phony concern for civil rights. Do you think this nationwide backlash by the people started for absolutely no reason? We've provided you with countless examples of the abuses people are experiencing at the hands of TSA. If you think that is acceptable treatment of people then you're nothing but a vile hypocrite. Live free or die, my ass.

most of those "experiences" have been proven to be lies.

and of course there's a reason... the loons want muslims profiled.

and if it were george bush doing this, the rightwingnuts would be just fine.

so let's be honest about what's really going on.

so who are really the hypocrites?

Weren't you one of the people claiming they do not pat down children? Any comment on the latest video?

Oh spare us your phony concern for civil rights. Do you think this nationwide backlash by the people started for absolutely no reason? We've provided you with countless examples of the abuses people are experiencing at the hands of TSA. If you think that is acceptable treatment of people then you're nothing but a vile hypocrite. Live free or die, my ass.

why do they want muslims profiled? McVeigh wasn't a Muslim.

Who is calling for profiling Muslims? Did McVeigh blow up an airplane? Why do you want to allow strangers to grope you and your children?

Who is calling for profiling Muslims? Did McVeigh blow up an airplane? Why do you want to allow strangers to grope you and your children?

I don't, dipshit. Point out where I ever said or implied such a thing.

Let me take a stab at that.

The people who tried to say that the guy in this thread asked for this, and didn't tell the TSA about his medical condition?

No wonder you're called.....Quantam Windbag.

:eusa_whistle:

So the part where she asked about him explaining his medical condition gets edited out because...

I am not called Quantum Windbag, I chose that name because it allows me to use hyperbole, or just be an outright asshole, when the need arises. Jillian repeatedly defends the TSA, refuses to admit except under duress that they are less than perfect, and is an all around statist when it comes to privacy. Are you trying to join that elite crowd?
Most of the shit posted on this forum about the TSA turns out to be overblown, hysterical bullshit.

And a lot of it comes from you, via Americablog. :lol:

Just because you discount the facts because you dislike the inevitable conclusion does not mean that it is not true.

Proven by who?

want to start with story number one that said TSA agents handcuffed someone?

I'm not going to rehash every BS thread that's been posted. But you can start with that one.

Why don't we stick with the one in the OP, which you tried to pull apart and failed? Or the young boy who had his shirt removed because the TSA was so incompetent it couldn't search him? Or the flight attendant who had to pull out her prosthetic breast? Or the numerous amputees who have to remove their prosthesis and have them handled by strangers? Or the woman who had her blouse pulled down exposing her breasts?

Shall I go on?

You apparently think groping is more effective than profiling. If that was not your intended meaning perhaps you should consider all the implications of what you are saying before you attempt to mock someone else.

You apparently think groping is more effective than profiling. If that was not your intended meaning perhaps you should consider all the implications of what you are saying before you attempt to mock someone else.

Listen, Quantum Cumrag, I wasn't mocking anyone. If someone disagrees with profiling, it doesn't mean they agree with what the TSA is doing. I bet you'd defend McCain or Bush if they were doing this. That makes you as partisan as Truthmatters; it makes you a dog with different fleas.

Listen, Quantum Cumrag, I wasn't mocking anyone. If someone disagrees with profiling, it doesn't mean they agree with what the TSA is doing. I bet you'd defend McCain or Bush if they were doing this. That makes you as partisan as Truthmatters; it makes you a dog with different fleas.
hell, i still think the security should have been left up to the airlines
and the government only set a few guidelines

they could have done it far better and less costly
like El-Al does

Please do make the bet, I could use the money. Profiling works if it is done correctly, focusing on high risk subjects based on their personal history, and their associations. Just because someone calls for profiling it does not mean they want to profile Muslims, or any other particular group. YOu are the one that is resorting to name calling, and making assumptions about what people mean, not me.

Please do make the bet, I could use the money. Profiling works if it is done correctly, focusing on high risk subjects based on their personal history, and their associations. Just because someone calls for profiling it does not mean they want to profile Muslims, or any other particular group. YOu are the one that is resorting to name calling, and making assumptions about what people mean, not me.

interesting.

Media Alert: Full Body Scanner Expert Has Answer to Airport Security Anxiety
Millivision's President Offers Insights on Alternative Technology That Would Eliminate Concerns Over Full Body Scanner Radiation Leading to Pat-Down Outcry and Security Boycotts
SOUTH DEERFIELD, MA--(Marketwire - November 19, 2010) - The president of a small Massachusetts-based company has an answer for airport security community leaders struggling with the opposition to full body scanning and the resulting uproar around aggressive pat-downs.
Paul Nicholas is president of Millivision, the developer of a non-radiating full body scanner that can detect threats with none of the health concerns associated with the current generation of airport security systems which depend on x-ray technology.
Millivision full-body scanners do not expose travelers to radiation associated with Backscatter and active millimeter wave systems but can still detect objects that would not be identified by metal detectors.
Millivision uses passive millimeter technology which eliminates the exposure to potential dangerous radiation -- a safety concern that is forcing travelers to consider an equally unpopular option, aggressive pat-downs.
Millivision recently released research data that sheds new light on the public's willingness to accept alternatives to traditional scanners. The survey revealed that 80 percent would be more willing to agree to be scanned if they knew a non-radiating full-body scanner was being used.
Millivision systems also employ privacy controls that address concerns raised by the public over the images generated by traditional scanners. The survey found that 70 percent of respondents would be more willing to submit to scans if privacy-protection features were being used.
Paul Nicholas is available to comment on these and other issues related to the current controversy surrounding the use of full body scanners in airports.

Media Alert: Full Body Scanner Expert Has Answer to Airport Security Anxiety

Bingo...

Not saying this guy wasn't humiliated as he claims...but if he was, why did he compounded it by going national?

:eusa_eh:

Proven by who?

want to start with story number one that said TSA agents handcuffed someone?

I'm not going to rehash every BS thread that's been posted. But you can start with that one.

Why don't we stick with the one in the OP, which you tried to pull apart and failed? Or the young boy who had his shirt removed because the TSA was so incompetent it couldn't search him? Or the flight attendant who had to pull out her prosthetic breast? Or the numerous amputees who have to remove their prosthesis and have them handled by strangers? Or the woman who had her blouse pulled down exposing her breasts?

Shall I go on?
Except it turns out that the boy's father is the one that removed his shirt...this is a problem with you, you claim things are facts when they are nothing of the sort.

This is the kind of world living in FEAR gives you.

Be pround you cons.

Obama has been in charge of Homeland Security for almost two years. This new procedure was created and implemented by his administration. At what point do you start holding him accountable?

The virtual strip search scanners began under Bush.

The program began under Bush, but the implementation and these new procedures are more recent, so for truthmatters to blame "cons" is ridiculous, as I was pointing out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back